Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

An actual purpose to enchanting trees

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this proposal?

• Yes
    • No, but enchanted trees definitely need a change
    • No; enchanted trees are fine as they are

Bumping this now that there's seemingly more interest on all sides concerning meditation changes, and this is pretty low-hanging fruit.*

* Pun may or may not be intended.

+1, I would love to be able to freeze the oak trees in my castle at the perfect age

Appearance:

Firstly, the grass of an enchanted tree doesn't even match the color of normal enchanted grass; that is the most obvious correction to make. Secondly, the tree should not appear dormant (leafless) during winter, but should remain bright and resistant-looking like the grass does.

Functionality:

Without even discussing 'extra' qualities of the enchanted tree, it should at least allow for anything that can be done to an ordinary tree; currently only felling the tree is possible.

• Like 2

I think the grass around them is ugly. I have one that was made by accident and I've never noticed it go back to a small size...

11 hours ago, Meldichoir said:

Appearance:

Firstly, the grass of an enchanted tree doesn't even match the color of normal enchanted grass; that is the most obvious correction to make. Secondly, the tree should not appear dormant (leafless) during winter, but should remain bright and resistant-looking like the grass does.

Functionality:

Without even discussing 'extra' qualities of the enchanted tree, it should at least allow for anything that can be done to an ordinary tree; currently only felling the tree is possible.

Agreed about the cosmetic changes.

Also, I'm not even sure being unable to harvest them is intended, considering it gives you the same messages you're supposed to get if the tree is "infected".

enchanting should lock age on deed and give a bit extra harvest, or an extra harvest season +1 to my own sub suggestion woooohoooo im a mad man!

On 9/30/2015 at 4:03 PM, Keenan said:

I think they deserve an entirely new mechanic.

An enchanted tree freezes its age as stated. If it's sprouting or fruiting at the time, then it locks that too.

Cutting a sprout or harvesting fruit from a locked tree would put the tree on a cool down. That would need to be balanced so that it's a slight advantage, but not too much of one.

The act of harvesting or sprouting the tree has a chance to remove the enchantment, a greater chance as time wears on or the more the tree is used.

Why?

Because rank 7, while it's not impossible, it does take time and effort to get to. The act of enchanting has an 18 hour cool down. With the threads about enchanted grass being worse off now, I really wish this feature had more purpose and use. 

But that opens a can of wurms, because there's plenty of meditation abilities that are way more useless than making a tree look pretty. One could argue that Refresh is Love's most useful ability, and by far one of the easiest useful abilities to get next to Get Info.

Still a good situation.

Wink wink.

Nudge.

+1

10% chance to lose enchantment on harvest or cutting sprout...