Sign in to follow this  
Uberknot

There are a lot more people who will be buying WU.

That's the facts Wurmonline is hard and as Rolf stated the % of keeping new players coming in has been very low.  Most of the time they come in a Froobs and never make it past a month.  Many people have left because of the ways the rules are set up and griefing.  Many people have been wanting something like this for years since Minecraft.  I think this is a very smart business decision as it will bring players back to playing Wurm and introduce Wurm to 1000's upon 1000's more.

The population wasn't going anywhere as it was.  This way many more players will be playing Wurm and be exposed to Wurm in the gaming world.  And some of those will want to come to the Main servers where things are controlled and items have real world value.

Overall this will only add to Wurm!

The Ring is Broken!  FFRRREEEEDDDDDOOOOOM!!!!

• Like 1

Are you going to keep posting these threads? Since this could easily be added to WU discussion thread.

• Like 1

Are you going to keep posting these threads? Since this could easily be added to WU discussion thread.

Just think soon there will be 1000's of new threads!! :)  I can't wait for WU to be released this is going to be great!! ;)

WU is the best thing to happen to Wurm since Indy was opened or the F2P change.

Many many more players will be coming! :D

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 1

I love WU concept and i would like to make 10 v 10 PVP maps like Dota and others games. Less grind and more fun. 

Can keep small caping deed in map and AI nogumps. It is going to be awesome if we are allowed to design it fully.

• Like 2

I love WU concept and i would like to make 10 v 10 PVP maps like Dota and others games. Less grind and more fun. 

Can keep small caping deed in map and AI nogumps. It is going to be awesome if we are allowed to design it fully.

Oh yeah I can see that as well more fun quicker and just enjoying PvP rather than it being a long drawn out mess of stalemate.

Y'know... PvP folks, once again I'd have to bet on Chaos.....

Y'all could have your WU server set up with "speed made" fortresses and/or fortified zones, lv90 everyone that goes in, have planned event-like massacre sessions, gamble among kingdoms and individuals on the outcome...  

Maybe that would help retention what with newer deeds becoming somewhat less of a target while still allowing for all out massacres. Rest of the time, business as usual yes.

Just an idea.  Basically you guys' private challenge server.

I really don't understand why you think this is good for wurm online. Its gonna be great for code club but not for the online game.

All these new players who will try wurm unlimited...imagine you are standing over their shoulder while they play. Its instant gratification like minecraft. This new player has never heard of wurm online before. After he builds his village in a couple of hours with max skills he then decides to check out wurm online. He quickly realizes everything he just did will take months or years to achieve due to the slow skill progression. Tell me why you think this person or any other will choose to play WO?

I've had nothing good to say about this idea because I do not believe this will help wurm online. It will great for a lot of people because the masses love instant gratification games.

I myself WILL purchase the WU even thou I am very against the idea and hers why. WU will be WO in God mode. I'll have everything I ever wanted in a couple of hours or days. The appeal of the online game will go away quickly because I no longer to have to work to get anything I want. Do not assume this is a "I quit" post because it's not. The fact is for myself and many people once you are able to cheat in a game (which is what WU will be like) the normal game loses its appeal.

I have a few close friends in game and if they wanted a private server I'd try it but there would always be that sour feeling knowing I'm never gonna meet a new player again.

Yes this is a WONDERFUL business idea from Rolf and I truly hope it does well, but it's only going to be good for WU not the online game.

I really don't understand why you think this is good for wurm online. Its gonna be great for code club but not for the online game.

All these new players who will try wurm unlimited...imagine you are standing over their shoulder while they play. Its instant gratification like minecraft. This new player has never heard of wurm online before. After he builds his village in a couple of hours with max skills he then decides to check out wurm online. He quickly realizes everything he just did will take months or years to achieve due to the slow skill progression. Tell me why you think this person or any other will choose to play WO?

I've had nothing good to say about this idea because I do not believe this will help wurm online. It will great for a lot of people because the masses love instant gratification games.

I myself WILL purchase the WU even thou I am very against the idea and hers why. WU will be WO in God mode. I'll have everything I ever wanted in a couple of hours or days. The appeal of the online game will go away quickly because I no longer to have to work to get anything I want. Do not assume this is a "I quit" post because it's not. The fact is for myself and many people once you are able to cheat in a game (which is what WU will be like) the normal game loses its appeal.

I have a few close friends in game and if they wanted a private server I'd try it but there would always be that sour feeling knowing I'm never gonna meet a new player again.

Yes this is a WONDERFUL business idea from Rolf and I truly hope it does well, but it's only going to be good for WU not the online game.

Well, mostly yes, but the new game will bring in a lot of money which they can fund new development with, which will benefit both games.

And WO is still the real thing, if you enjoy it because of the community then that's still the game for you, the mmo part will still attract people.

WU will attract a whole different community that enjoys a different playstyle, and their money is very welcome :)

I think of it as people who play Minecraft in creative mode. A lot of players will mess around in creative and build some amazing stuff but then also play Adventure mode too. Because while Godmode is fun for a while, it isn't always fun in the long run. Of course, it depends on what kind of person is playing and what they want out of their time, but the people who are perfectly satisfied with playing in creative/Godmode and don't crave anything else are also not the kind of people who would play WO anyway. Even if they never tried WU with Godmode, WO is just not the kind of game that would appeal to those players from the beginning. On the other hand, maybe some players will discover WU, play it in creative and then crave the survival experience and/or the community experience and come to WO instead.

People will still play WO because there's a challenge. If people wanted instant gratification they'd just play creative mode in minecraft, but oddly multiplayer servers with a number of restrictions are still very popular.