Sign in to follow this  
Palgolak

Wurm Unlimited poll

Wurm Unlimited  

300 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think you will buy Wurm Unlimited?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. If you buy Wurm Unlimited, do you think you will also play Wurm Online?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • (I won't buy Wurm Unlimited)

You petition is very biased and faulty as what about for the tens of thousands (probably hundreds of thousands) of us who dont play Wurm Online now as we have actual real lives, while we would happily play Wurm Unlimited.

You have created this poll to try and force your view point by having the questions be loaded.

• Like 1

You petition is very biased and faulty as what about for the tens of thousands (probably hundreds of thousands) of us who dont play Wurm Online now as we have actual real lives, while we would happily play Wurm Unlimited.

You have created this poll to try and force your view point by having the questions be loaded.

There's nothing "biased and faulty" about this poll.

• Like 4

Well, I did assume that anyone registered on this forum played Wurm Online, or had done so. The poll is aimed at them, not all the potential customers for Wurm Unlimited.

• Like 1

There's nothing "biased and faulty" about this poll.

It is, you are forced to answer

'if you buy Wurm Unlimited, do you think you will continue to play Wurm Online?'

It wont let you complete the poll if you don't already play the game i.e. its only getting a segment of the auidance yet its portraying that it is polling the whole community, when it is not.

It either requires a change of the polls title or a change of the questions, as its loaded and biased as it currently stands.

THE SKY IS FALLING !!!!.....THE SKY IS FALLING !!!!... RUN FOR THE HILLS YOU FOOLS!!!

Really guys ? come on. It's going to be another "Wait and see" thing but for me, i'll buy it and IF Wurm Online falls i can take a little bit of Wurm with me.

6 years has been a good run for me and if it goes on i can see me hitting another 7,8,9 and 10 more years of it.

Yes it will not be like it was but i will still have it to play and all my good friend can come and join me.

I see this new Wurm as more of a BACKUP plan..... if Wurm Online falls i'll start my own sever.....and yes it will last along time (not run for a few months and then be gone) cus it will be like playing a solo game for me only one that my m8's can jump in and out of....i love Wurm so yes i can see my server running a VERY long time :)

Thanks Rolf for doing this.....if it all goes wrong i can still have Wurm with me forever. ;)

• Like 4

the sky isnt falling this game is forever fallen it cant get worse rolf has done everything he can to try and kill it but the ones left over who pay the bills will always be playing until the day more indepthed version of this game comes along think reverse of minecraft it simply has no competition give us cool armor give us cooler game mechanics give us no caps more depth please rolf more choices please .....

All Polls are biased and seek to sway opinions.... that does not mean they are not also sometimes useful.

Edited by geode

Yes, I plan on purchasing WU.

No, I probably won't bother with WO once I have a private server. There's really no reason to at that point.

• Like 1

Also ask if people think they will pay less for prem and upkeep here

This proves a few points already.

Yes, buy it, stop playing WO, set the settings so it suites your short term desires... have fun, get bored. Come back to WO, to discover it's dead because everyone left for the reason of becoming instant-gm's and making win buttons.

How many of these posts are going to pop up?

Make a choice

1. stop posting, stop reading, continue with WO and your life

2. wait till the 21st, get WU, and stop bitching here, go make your win buttons and win-mods

3. stop bitching completely, and find another game, and let the rest of us continue, like we are.

• Like 1

Won't buy it, won't run on my OS even though wurm online does.

Won't buy it, won't run on my OS even though wurm online does.

It will, Just not single player. You'd need to connect to a server to play, Kinda like space engineers or starmade. 

(RAM requirements n all, And CPU usage, The requirements have to take those in account for the single-player server itself.)

Edited by akaedis

It will, Just not single player. You'd need to connect to a server to play, Kinda like space engineers or starmade. 

(RAM requirements n all, And CPU usage, The requirements have to take those in account for the single-player server itself.)

No, wurm unlimited is windows only. "Initially", but we all know what this means. Yes, exactly like space engineers ;)

Edited by asdf

No, wurm unlimited is windows only. "Initially", but we all know what this means. Yes, exactly like space engineers ;)

Im a derp, Somehow i got ahead of myself and mis interpreted OS. My bad. And lol

Tho, Have you considered splitting your harddrive? I forget what its called but you split a portion of your harddrive for another OS(Like windows). Partition? or bootcamp? Bah i can't remember what its called, 6AM and my brain is deprived of sleep. 

One of the main reasons i am looking forward to this new version is the fact that we can keep wurm with us no matter what happens to the mmo version. I will still continue to play here but i like having that backup :)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

its 7:08 est server are down for maintenance wish i could play wurm off line at this minute lol

• Like 1

dont know what ill do yet. still have silvers to play at least 6 more months on wo.

ill have to see a few things first to decide.

price

server hosting

server portal. (community) wont play standalone for sure

server tweaks. can i alter decay? silver prices on everything? etc.

mods. will they be posted here in forums?

maps

multiclienting?

and more questions im sure will arise.

so no vote from me for now. too early for me to decide.

still think this could have been the greatest mmo if they had worked on bugs

instead of nerfing stuff left and right like armor debuffs, enchanted grass poofing,

item damage and decay. tamed pet limits, creature ai, trader item prices,

rng too punishing. and the list goes on. thats what i had been waiting on forever,

to take  wo to the fun side of things instead of the nerfing, but seems that the last nail

on the coffin of hope for that to happen has been hammered down.

aiming for quantity seems to be the easy answer i guess.understandably so too.

but quality cant be beat. and cant fail with quality, right now its just a gamble.

wishing Rolf the best on his business decision. Worst games have made a lot

more money coughminecraftcough My selfish game desires dont matter

at all at the end of the day.

• Like 3

THE SKY IS FALLING !!!!.....THE SKY IS FALLING !!!!... RUN FOR THE HILLS YOU FOOLS!!!

Really guys ? come on. It's going to be another "Wait and see" thing but for me, i'll buy it and IF Wurm Online falls i can take a little bit of Wurm with me.

6 years has been a good run for me and if it goes on i can see me hitting another 7,8,9 and 10 more years of it.

Yes it will not be like it was but i will still have it to play and all my good friend can come and join me.

I see this new Wurm as more of a BACKUP plan..... if Wurm Online falls i'll start my own sever.....and yes it will last along time (not run for a few months and then be gone) cus it will be like playing a solo game for me only one that my m8's can jump in and out of....i love Wurm so yes i can see my server running a VERY long time :)

Thanks Rolf for doing this.....if it all goes wrong i can still have Wurm with me forever. ;)

Thank you I couldn't have put it any better its exactly how I see it.  Also what if you fell on very hard times and couldn't pay to play you could still play offline as well

• Like 1

I think Wurm Unlimited presents a pretty small threat to its community compared to Life is Feudal...but that's just a guess :ph34r:

Why waste money on a offline version of a game I already play!.Might be the biggest dream to everyone else but not mine.

I'm eager to try out WU actually.  I understand the doomsayers are worried about how this will affect Wurm Online, and for good reason, since WU is a big unknown and a huge departure from the existing business model of Wurm.  They have reason to be fearful.  But I am not.  I think this is good for exposing Wurm to a new audience that plays too casually to enjoy Wurm Online, while still providing an MMO version of the game for those who really want to participate in the larger community versus being a hermit.  It's the same business model that Star Citizen pitched, and it seems to be working out well for them.  

Also I can't wait to see what new game modes people come up with.  What would Wurm be like with magic being more widespread?  I've always wanted to know that, and WU would allow the modder-types among us to come up with new ways to enjoy different flavors of Wurm.  

This is exciting news to me.

I will buy the Wurm Unlimited version for sure. Then try it out and go from there. No promises or guarantees made on actions taken based on speculations not in evidence. The price will be no deterrent to me, as it will have to be reasonable to most and well beyond that is not a concern.

Interesting Wurm times to live within, for sure.

=Ayes=

• Like 1