Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

When Will All The Panic Sales Start?

Your posts hurt my head.  There's no need to panic about anything.  Drops in the NYSE happen all the time and the only time anyone actually loses money is when they sell.  The key?  Don't sell... and stop inducing panic.

That's not how multiplayer programs work. They depend on player interaction, and once you go below a critical mass it falls apart and becomes a graveyard in a downward spiral.

That's not how multiplayer programs work. They depend on player interaction, and once you go below a critical mass it falls apart and becomes a graveyard in a downward spiral.

Yes and you're making a very large assumption about what's going to happen.  Stop panicking and simply wait and see 1 year from now.

sky-is-falling-news-headline.jpg

• Like 2

...because waiting will be so very helpful in the current situation, right ?

what if the doom-sayers (and im one of them) are right ? what will we be able to do about this after we've waited one year, like you propose ?

Edited by Galadhel

...because waiting will make anything better at all, right ?

what if the doom-sayers (and im one of them) are right ? what will we be able to do about this after we've waited one year, like you propose ?

you will have had another year playing a game you enjoy ?

• Like 1

As wurms economy is linked to the real world economy, many players stand to lose a substantial amount of money should WO 'collapse'. Not necessarily that they have 'invested' into the game, but rather their account and possessions within the game could currently or in the past have been sold for say $200, if they were to wait a month and then have demand for these items dry up, they will have lost $200 of 'potential value'.

I'm sure Code Club isn't going to offer a 'turn your silver back to euro' scheme, should such a situation arise.

Yes I know, any purchases are to be seen as expenditures and not 'investments', however the fact still remains that you could sell today for real monetary value if you so wished. Whether your 'property' will be worth what it is today in 6 months time is anyones guess.

Edited by Outlaw

Well, I can understand panic from those who see Wurm from the coinage side.

Investment, income, wealth in material goods are at stake.

That is what I'm not concerned at all (although I'm sitting on some real pretty items myself) but will be happily buy fluffy items for peanuts if and at all the panic sales kick in :) Wurm is a game for me and I never bought a shiny backpack for the sake of bling or to resell it a bit later for 10% more...

In addition my accounts are never to be sold as far as I can think of it, they'll better be put away in a golden locker somewhere if I happen to cease to play.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

My account lost €75 in a week... Thanks, but I'm not waiting longer to sell lol

He just announced that he is not closing any servers. Hurry! You need to cancel your auctions. :lol:

Did this actually happen? This would make me laugh so hard.

• Like 3

Yes and you're making a very large assumption about what's going to happen.  Stop panicking and simply wait and see 1 year from now.

sky-is-falling-news-headline.jpg

If I could like this multiple times, I would.

As wurms economy is linked to the real world economy, many players stand to lose a substantial amount of money should WO 'collapse'. Not necessarily that they have 'invested' into the game, but rather their account and possessions within the game could currently or in the past have been sold for say $200, if they were to wait a month and then have demand for these items dry up, they will have lost $200 of 'potential value'.

I'm sure Code Club isn't going to offer a 'turn your silver back to euro' scheme, should such a situation arise.

Yes I know, any purchases are to be seen as expenditures and not 'investments', however the fact still remains that you could sell today for real monetary value if you so wished. Whether your 'property' will be worth what it is today in 6 months time is anyones guess.

yes i understand where you are coming from with that . I play the game because i enjoy it the cash side does not bother me no matter how much i have payed into it and i am happy to play until the day it dies (if that happens) . its the same with any game it could go poooof at anytime its a risk we all take so i understand people wanting the cash now before they possibly loose it all as for me i will go down with the server lol :)

• Like 1

do you really think watching this game die will be something i would be enjoying ?

• Like 1

In all fairness to those concerned about the ROI or cash investment, I guess I can see your viewpoint.  I guess I just view it as entertainment - the same as paying for satellite TV or going to the movies.  I guess it just depends on your perspective. 

• Like 2

well as none of us have a crystal ball i can not say its going to die or going to thrive, its just something i am happy to wait out and see what happens  :)

Edited by Galadhel

Yes players are selling off accounts and someone will buy them.

BUT and i mean a large BUT!   Will the person who stated he would buy them all ,  also sub them all?

For everyone selling accounts off , theres a lost of income to Rolf for subs , unless the person plans to sub it.

There are to many sandbox games coming out , but i have only found Wurm to have the terraforming  of such extent as it has.

So i that case Wurm is still by far beter sandbox in that way.

But there needs to be more then just lvling up skills and building stuff , something is missing , sort of like oh my look what i found surprise to the game.

I always enjoyed dungeon crawls and the items you could find , they may not be of game changing option but more deco , that anyone not the elite dragon group setup style.

I hope it all works out for Rolf and the people who still play , my accounts will die with me .

• Like 1

yes i understand where you are coming from with that . I play the game because i enjoy it the cash side does not bother me no matter how much i have payed into it and i am happy to play until the day it dies (if that happens) . its the same with any game it could go poooof at anytime its a risk we all take so i understand people wanting the cash now before they possibly loose it all as for me i will go down with the server lol :)

• Like 1

In all fairness to those concerned about the ROI or cash investment, I guess I can see your viewpoint.  I guess I just view it as entertainment - the same as paying for satellite TV or going to the movies.  I guess it just depends on your perspective. 

Edited by Outlaw

You are very well trained at avoiding to answer questions, right ?

Edited by badgirl2009

Your posts hurt my head.  There's no need to panic about anything.  Drops in the NYSE happen all the time and the only time anyone actually loses money is when they sell.  The key?  Don't sell... and stop inducing panic.

Yes, the head hurting is good, since you missed my point and yet in the end you come to the same conclusion anyway. More head hurting required to figure this out I think.

Indeed, it all depends upon one's focus for playing the game. The fact that the game is designed to encourage some so inclined to play it with the profit motive in mind (profiteers?) is what focuses their fears onto the reduction of their profits from the introduction of Wurm Unlimited, as it will certainly draw some current Wurm Online players to it with the result being that they will be lesser consumers of these play-for-profit individuals.

This brings me back to the question of my OP in that I have seen no more "panic sales" than the usual selling of accounts and items, other than in a few instances, which indicated to me that the doom-and-gloomers are not backing up their statements with real life value assets within the game, i.e. the unloading sales of them.

Even then, the time to buy assets is when there is "panic in the streets", a well known phrase by those who do so. Yet, we have not nearly reached that point and as with stocks there is no ideal point to buy accounts/items under these circumstances since that can not be pinpointed. Way too early to be purchasing anything along these lines yet. Not until those who hold them start to see some evidence of their fears of doom start to arise. Even then I would not purchase anything with the intent of profits in mind but rather for personal use, accounts shunned, although others may as usual prefer this shortcut to something or the other.

I don't see those who play the game for enjoyment loosing much of anything in this Wurm Unlimited release but rather gaining much more from the income it will generate to be used for Wurm Online development first and then filtered down to WU as applies. Then also consider this exposure to the game of Wurm it will bring which will in turn draw some to it. These are the "profits" the game will focus upon and benefit the most players in game enjoyment. For those who loose their personal game income potential, not sorry to say I shed not a tear.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Yes, the head hurting is good, since you missed my point and yet in the end you come to the same conclusion anyway. More head hurting required to figure this out I think.

Indeed, it all depends upon one's focus for playing the game. The fact that the game is designed to encourage some so inclined to play it with the profit motive in mind (profiteers?) is what focuses their fears onto the reduction of their profits from the introduction of Wurm Unlimited, as it will certainly draw some current Wurm Online players to it with the result being that they will be lesser consumers of these play-for-profit individuals.

This brings me back to the question of my OP in that I have seen no more "panic sales" than the usual selling of accounts and items, other than in a few instances, which indicated to me that the doom-and-gloomers are not backing up their statements with real life value assets within the game, i.e. the unloading sales of them.

Even then, the time to buy assets is when there is "panic in the streets", a well known phrase by those who do so. Yet, we have not nearly reached that point and as with stocks there is no ideal point to buy accounts/items under these circumstances since that can not be pinpointed. Way too early to be purchasing anything along these lines yet. Not until those who hold them start to see some evidence of their fears of doom start to arise. Even then I would not purchase anything with the intent of profits in mind but rather for personal use, accounts shunned, although others may as usual prefer this shortcut to something or the other.

I don't see those who play the game for enjoyment loosing much of anything in this Wurm Unlimited release but rather gaining much more from the income it will generate to be used for Wurm Online development first and then filtered down to WU as applies. Then also consider this exposure to the game of Wurm it will bring which will in turn draw some to it. These are the "profits" the game will focus upon and benefit the most players in game enjoyment. For those who loose their personal game income potential, not sorry to say I shed not a tear.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

I don't know which forum you are looking at to not see panic sales, but theres about 20-30 topics of accounts, gold and unique items being dumped since the announcement.

There are two people maybe three that i have noticed selling things so unless i missed something i do not see the big exodus of people selling out. (one of them was already selling things before the announcement)  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

I don't know which forum you are looking at to not see panic sales, but theres about 20-30 topics of accounts, gold and unique items being dumped since the announcement.

*sings*

~~It's not unusual it happens every day no matter what you say

You'll find it happens all the time~~

Is it love then? Refer to song.

=Ayes=

I don't see those who play the game for enjoyment loosing much of anything in this Wurm Unlimited release 

We that play the game for enjoyment do not panic sell anything - that would be people that are playing the game for profit.

I am not selling my account or giving up my place in Wurm, I just won't pay premium any more.

That's maybe why you don't see anything unusual in the sell forum. Look at the player stats for the coming weeks and months.

Edited by Cista
  • Like 1

It already started, so it's a good time to buy stuff tbh.