Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

When Will All The Panic Sales Start?

Ok, well if you have read the Wurm Unlimited announcement within the Official Buildings forum section you might notice many prophesizing the end of Wurm Online as a result. This starts me to wondering when all these individuals will start to sell off all their assets and characters to minimize their losses from these "investments". Since some are so clearly focused upon making coins within the game for various purposes, as well as selling them off for RL cash, why are not they selling out now while the getting is good? 

Could it possibly be that they don't really believe the claims of doom that they are making? If they do then now would certainly be the time to cash out. Perhaps they are not so astute in their judgment about the best time to sell their current assets? If not then I would advise to sell everything you have now before others start to panic and sell before the deadline for Wurm Unlimited to be released comes too close.

Putting your money where your mouth is has always been proven to provide some more valid substance to claims made. Even within various stock markets around the world this is an indication of the future value of items, yet within the much slower fluctuating markets within Wurm in this instance it is not followed by those who so blithely predict the downfall of Wurm Online.

All too confusing for me I suppose, so I will just continue to follow my practice of playing online games (Wurm) for the enjoyment that they provide and if I decide to at some future time depart, just let all my characters and items fall into their sound slumber, perhaps for eternity if time continues onward. Worked well enough for me with Ultima Online and WoW but I never played those games for profit either. Old habits die hard I guess.

Still, why these Wurmlings are not selling out everything I find puzzling. Yet then they would not be Wurmlings, so the questions would not apply. My, my, oh my...

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 7

It's already starting for some of the people who don't get it.....The only thing this does is make a lot more players play Wurm.

who sayd it didnt start :D several people started selling everything yesterday

Edited by Brynden
  • Like 2

Yeah in the past 24 hours since the announcement I've seen about 3-5 accounts and a few deed go up for sale. This is acting to be more of a filter than a decline in population I feel.

• Like 3

What WU does has yet to be seen.

It could succeed, and WO will get players, and life will continue as normal.

It could fail, and WO will die out while WU stays popular for a little while.

Or, it will flop, and CC will get a terrible reputation for buggy products and the game will still slowly die out.

Option 1, people will regret selling.

Option 2, accounts are devalued and people probably won't buy anyway as it will be pretty obvious if that starts happening.

Option 3, status quo with lesser valued accounts.

It's why most people who are concerned haven't thrown up, they love the game and they don't want to lose what they built in an environment they enjoy if it turns out to be successful.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

What WU does has yet to be seen.

It could succeed, and WO will get players, and life will continue as normal.

It could fail, and WO will die out while WU stays popular for a little while.

Or, it will flop, and CC will get a terrible reputation for buggy products and the game will still slowly die out.

Option 1, people will regret selling.

Option 2, accounts are devalued and people probably won't buy anyway as it will be pretty obvious if that starts happening.

Option 3, status quo with lesser valued accounts.

It's why most people who are concerned haven't thrown up, they love the game and they don't want to lose what they built in an environment they enjoy if it turns out to be successful.

Number 3 is already happening to some degree without releasing WU..

• Like 1

THE SKY IS FALLING !!!!.....THE SKY IS FALLING !!!!... RUN FOR THE HILLS YOU FOOLS!!!

Really guys ? come on. It's going to be another "Wait and see" thing but for me, i'll buy it and IF Wurm Online falls i can take a little bit of Wurm with me.

6 years has been a good run for me and if it goes on i can see me hitting another 7,8,9 and 10 more years of it.

Yes it will not be like it was but i will still have it to play and all my good friend can come and join me.

I see this new Wurm as more of a BACKUP plan..... if Wurm Online falls i'll start my own sever.....and yes it will last along time (not run for a few months and then be gone) cus it will be like playing a solo game for me only one that my m8's can jump in and out of....i love Wurm so yes i can see my server running a VERY long time :)

Thanks Rolf for doing this.....if it all goes wrong i can still have Wurm with me forever. ;)

• Like 3

Personally I plan on selling items off and doing accounts pending more news. I was having alot of fun on epic and may continue to do so but this to me signals the end of freedom PvE and I am going to be looking for a new game to call my home which sucks since I do love wurm but I really believe that WU is a bad move.

• Like 1

Pretty much everything of mine is gone, accounts are going now too.. Decided yesterday the accounts were going as soon as I saw the news.

• Like 1

one thing to keep in mind for the people who see the panic sales and get worried, is for each account that is desperately sold, someone obviously bought it and is planning on staying. The game will be fine after a bit of a hickup

• Like 4

Well the only good thing I see in this all is that I can keep playing Wurm after it's gone, on some old computer I'll still have ten years from now.

Pretty much everything of mine is gone, accounts are going now too.. Decided yesterday the accounts were going as soon as I saw the news.

Good now piss off from the forums too

• Like 3

Who pissed on your cornflakes?

Don't understand why you'd say something so rude because I said I'm quitting

• Like 1

Personally I plan on selling items off and doing accounts pending more news. I was having alot of fun on epic and may continue to do so but this to me signals the end of freedom PvE and I am going to be looking for a new game to call my home which sucks since I do love wurm but I really believe that WU is a bad move.

Sticking around... selling stuff means someone buys, and continues, might as well be me.

But what game did you have in mind? For 6 years, I couldn't find anything as true a sandbox, and as persistent as this. 

• Like 1

Ironically, I've been waiting for you to piss off from the forums since the day you started posting. In your 2k+ posts, I've never seen you post anything of value or thought, always just talking and stirring the pot when applicable.

• Like 2

Who pissed on your cornflakes?

Don't understand why you'd say something so rude because I said I'm quitting

No one likes dubs, ciarrai abu Edited by Postinglels

Heh. Just watch how the "player" count drops. It makes difference when someone with 10 alts quits amongst others.

Just because you can't see what will happen doesn't mean other don't.

It would be very good if there's 1000 premium accounts left a few months after release. Why would anyone pay 8 euro a month per account, often running up to 40+ euro per month for a player when there will be a free option. If you think having your charming personality on the same server will keep them, lol. PVP players might stick around a bit, but most players on freedom play single player wurm already anyway, now they can do it for a fraction of the price, saving hundreds of euros over a year.

• Like 3

Who ever has watched he trade channel closely yesterday, has seen how many people there have already trying to opt out of WO before the real mass exodus begins.

Who ever is watching the diverse threads on the WU subforum can't deny how many people there are already discussing to leave WO to play WU, older and newer players alike.

Once a critical mass is being hit, I would guess 33%-50% of the current playerbase has left, WO will be like a graveyard/ghosttown for the remaining players and its only a matter of time when the rest of them will choose to leave as well....really similar to about a year ago when everyone and his dog left the old servers to move to Xanadu. With the only difference that this time they won't be moving to another server, but will be leaving the game entirely.  This is not some kind of doom scenario or conspiracy theory I'm making up, it's just perceiving what happens right now, in game and on the forums, a little bit of logic and some knowledge of human psychology.

If what I've written above will truly happen, and I really REALLY hope it doesn't, this game (WO) will be doomed to die...which will be very sad indeed.

If Rolfs intent was to cause a major influx of new players to WO, which he has stated in one of his postings on the FAQ-thread, he really f****d up this time. Maybe the real intent is to try to make some additional money by licensing a 3rd party to set up those player driven servers...who else but Rolf himself knows. But if thats what he had in mind he deliberately killed WO. If he didn't do this intentionally I cannot help but wonder whether he still is, or ever was, in a sane state of mind.

Anybody with some wits, reasoning and willing to perceive what is happening both ingame and on the forums already (and isnt willingly denieing it) should come to some kind of a similiar conclusion

Edited by Galadhel
  • Like 2

I dont sell, i just fadeaway with my yule goats and get a life..

Uhm...

Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.

Yogi Berra isms:

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

I really didn't say everything I said

You can observe a lot by watching

We made too many wrong mistakes

If the world were perfect it wouldn't be

And the one that applies here:

It ain't over til it's over

• Like 2

He just announced that he is not closing any servers. Hurry! You need to cancel your auctions. :lol:

• Like 2

Already sold three toons in the last month, with more to come.

Edited by conmcb25
  • Like 1

Your posts hurt my head.  There's no need to panic about anything.  Drops in the NYSE happen all the time and the only time anyone actually loses money is when they sell.  The key?  Don't sell... and stop inducing panic.

• Like 1