Sign in to follow this  
XellKhaar

Feature requests

Okay so I'm super excited about this. Here's some dream features I would want to have the option to enable on my server if I so choose. I don't expect all or any of these to be available at launch, but if you continue to update the game, please, pleeease add them. Hopefully the game is moddable enough to allow these types of things if they're not officially supported. I want to: 

*Have a map generator, obviously. I know you're able to do this somehow, but I want nice GUI way to do it with easily adjustable variables such as how many veins on average you want, etc.

*Turn off player banks

*Adjust decay rates individually per item

*Adjust weight of each item

*Have permadeath (or at least the ability to reset skills upon death)

*Get rid of permissions on doors and have physical keys instead

*Have player's avatars stay in-game even when they log off

*Adjust the hunger/thirst decay rate

*Make it so players die when their hunger or thirst is at 0% for too long

*Make it so players do not keep starting tools, or anything else, upon death

*Make it so players don't even start with starting tools... or that 24-hour free light source either

*Adjust the day/night cycle time

*Adjust how often seasons occur

*Adjust how long it takes for plants/crops/animals to grow

*Adjust how long it takes for a tamed animal to become untamed

*Have some degree of control over the way animals spawn

*Make it so you can't see who is in local chat

*Adjust the range of local chat

*Turn off global and kingdom chat

*Adjust minimum player requirement for establishing player made kingdoms (I'd be surprised if this wasn't a feature)

*Greatly tweak the way deeds work (no theft protection for instance)

*Ability to add custom recipes for items that aren't currently craftable or perhaps to adjust a currently existing recipe

*Adjust the skill requirements necessary for everything

*Adjust the interactions each item has (remove the ability to cut down trees with a rake perhaps...)

*Make it so players start at random locations on the server and not all in the same spot

*Really dreaming here, but have scriptable NPCs, ala quest givers

*Add scriptable right click options (right click > jump over fence; right click > collapse cave ceiling)

If players had the option to adjust things like this, the game would last forever and each private server will be different, especially with those last two. Otherwise... it might get a little boring after a while! At least for masochists like me.

Edited by XellKhaar
  • Like 1

Low, Medium, and High skill priests npcs at the start town which can cast enchants at varying prices ( seeing how you cant have alts with steam. )

Personal Merc contracts - low, medium, and high skill ( npc that follow you so long as you hold the writ till they expire and attack whatever you attack)

Personal Priest contracts - low, medium, and high skill ( like a personal merchant same prices as with start town )

• Like 1

I don't think that such features will go live in October, because the team has enough to do preparing the game for the release.

Personally I hope for a good modding interface then you will be able to code the features you want yourself.

• Like 4

I don't think that such features will go live in October, because the team has enough to do preparing the game for the release.

Personally I hope for a good modding interface then you will be able to code the features you want yourself.

That and a map generator would make me perfectly happy for the start...

• Like 1

The only request I have for the launch in october: please, PLEASE make sure it is nice and polished and not a buggy mess :)

Many players will be exposed to the game for the first time and that first impression is therefore very important.

The only request I have for the launch in october: please, PLEASE make sure it is nice and polished and not a buggy mess :)

Many players will be exposed to the game for the first time and that first impression is therefore very important.

Haha, you're REALLY dreaming now.

One addition that seams very important for WU would be to let us customize the maximum terrain slope for the server.

For example i would prefer a maximum slope of 60 dirt and everything above will flow down. So i can let people build freely on my server without them ruining terrain in unrealistic ways.

Basically there is a limit in place if you drop dirt, if this could be set to apply to leveling, digging and stuff it would be fine. Of course even better if you can alter the limit at which point dirt will flow down because of to step slope.

• Like 1

Well, what would benifit WO as well as WU is the ability for the client to log in multiple accounts to the server itself and you could cycle toons via a keybind. this wold be much nicer than the current need to run several instances of the client as well as over come the single instance requirement of Steam.

• Like 1

Tweaking ship speeds, if not at least wind frequencies.... my server does not need "light breeze"! 

• Like 1

Full control over creature and monster spawns (where,when, how many and type!)

• Like 1

Almost everything mentioned above +1

1. Not that there will be a lot of mailing, but control over what items can and can't be mailed.

2. Control over loading range and how long my arms are - let me reach up to the top floor BSB again.

2a. Allow BSBs, FSBs, etc to be loaded when full.

2b. Allow drag-n-drop of full or empty containers and forget about loading completely.

3. Eliminate the rope hauling bit

4. bring back mooring rope for leading 4 animals

5. drag-n-drop massive quantities from one container to another.  I believe it won't crash a private server like it does in WO servers.

6. Custom chat channels to link friends together that are playing on different WU servers

6a. CA Help that spans ALL WU private servers - man, we need to have someone helping out these new players!!!

7. "summon portal" for traveling to other servers.  No idea how travel between servers is planned now.

8. Bulk or instant teraform tools.  "drop level by 300 dirts", "drop 3x3 area by 300 dirt", "level 100x100 area" etc.

8a. Toggle for falling damage (on/off) so we don't die from line 8.

8b. One click tunneling.. probably a ton more things to be done for fast server reshaping and map customizing.

------

Edit additions:

9. Decay rate control - zero to fast: on deed, in perim, out of perim.

x. TBA with future edits

Edited by Wurmhole

I reeeaaally hope we can adjust skill requirements.  There are requirements that are intentionally a paywall and Rolf has already stated that premium is default.  It would be incredibly annoying to have to grind BC to ride a horse just because of a restriction on retail.

Edited by JackBinimbul

I reeeaaally hope we can adjust skill requirements.  There are requirements that are intentionally a paywall and Rolf has already stated that premium is default.  It would be incredibly annoying to have to grind BC to ride a horse just because of a restriction on retail.

While I don't plan to God-mode, I'm SO copying my WO skilldump to my WU overlord =P

2 color dye system that allows for proper coloring of items without the entire item becoming one color!!!

• Like 1

My wishlist (mod or release)

* Bring back starvation but make it so you can forage a tile for food more often.

* Clay produced from bucket of water and dirt or something.

* Always respawn with starter carving knife, pickaxe and hatchet.

* A swimming skill.

* Pray for location on map or guidance to home or body.

* Hidden map that is reviled as you explore.

I'm pretty sure a minimap mod will be one of the first mods released.  :)

I'm pretty sure a minimap mod will be one of the first mods released. :)

I'm hoping for something more along the lines of a cartography or navigation skill that gives you a general idea of where you might be on the map based on your skill. Maybe requires a sextant or something.

Edited by Dekeon