Sign in to follow this  
CubeManV2

Wurm Online 2008 Cluster [COMING SOON]

Server Info

1 Wild Server

3 Home Servers (No PVP Allowed)

• No PVP Allowed
  • 1 For JK, MR, BL
  • Highest Votes by community decides first home server till additional maps are allocated or we can generate them.
  • Sailing is the only method in-between servers
  • No Map Resets

Economy

• Allowing traders to buy items at reduced rates
  • Creatures dropping money

Skills

• 2x Skillgain across servers
  • No Skill Resets

GM's & Rules

• GM's cannot partipcate on wild in any capacity on a main,alt,shared account
  • All GM actions on players are posted publically on the forums
  • GM's balanced across kingdoms to prevent bias and allow for same-kingdom calls
  • Exploiters in-game are banned, not nerfed.

Possible Implimation Depending On Settings

• Neutral PVP Marketplace on Wild (Needs to be figured out to prevent abuse)
  • No Starter Deeds On Wild (Must sail from starting homeserver)
  • PMK's are free, require 10 people
  • Deed sizes go back to Size 5,10,15,20,etc

Cost To You

ZERO. (Maybe a donation button though)

I'll pay for the initial servers, maybe setup a donation link to help fund the monthly costs but im sure i could cover it for a while. Anyone can join, no discrimination even if your currently a different kingdom, part of some group everyone hates, or etc. It's everyone's fresh start for a perfect wurm.

Edited by CubeManV2
  • Like 11

Awesome i am in. Will also bring some buddies with me. 

Make PVP servers more about fighting and less about grinding all day. Checkpoint, towers and small deed to cap.

Mostly i am thinking of making a pvp server with lots of fun activities. Have a loads of ideas already :)

Edited by Gaul
  • Like 1

exploiters will not get away with abusing bugs or just get a skill nerf, characters will just be banned.

Heh.

How do you plan to enforce this?

Spy on enemy kingdom stats? Monitor them in their deeds with a invis gm account? lol

• Like 2

I was thinking the same that people get a certain craft done and make NPC buy items QL = amount of copper. so 10ql = 1 copper

Will make hunting/butcher more fun as a job for those who like it. 

Heh.

How do you plan to enforce this?

Spy on enemy kingdom stats? Monitor them in their deeds with a invis gm account? lol

the same way they are maybe found out now, someone leaks it and the gm's investigate. If accounts are found to have 99 in a skill or an outragous amount of gain in a small time frame that is unfeasable after the GM's are informed then the GM's take action. The public get notice of the action taken, unlike here where there is no info.

Edit:

GM's can't have their main or any type of alt on wild, If it's a share account it applys as well. Wurm Online tried it at one point and it didn't work because the Home GM's didn't know how to react to certain situtations because of pvp and raiding, we can write a list of guide lines that the community accepts, not in a hidden forum.

Edited by CubeManV2

I was thinking the same that people get a certain craft done and make NPC buy items QL = amount of copper. so 10ql = 1 copper

Will make hunting/butcher more fun as a job for those who like it. 

yep, if we can implement traders buying items we can lower the overall purchasing power to balanace buying trader items (sleeping powder etc) and funding deeds so its balanced. Not requiring players with the biggest bank to fund the biggest deed.

So unless a person publicly announce their stuff or someone snitch out another person.... Nothing happends. Gotcha.

So unless a person publicly announce their stuff or someone snitch out another person.... Nothing happends. Gotcha.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It should also be noted that GM's will NOT BE ALLOWED TO PVP.

GM's and PvP in this game seem to create bias in certain groups GM's will be allowed to play on home servers and moderate on PvP servers (last I heard) but not actually pvp themselves.

There is also likely a balance of GM's per kingdom to keep it all fair.

Definite +1

Way to beat everyone else at making a planned server. Hopefully will not have a crazy high bonus to skill gain. I don't want to have hardcore skillers get to 90 in a few days and obliterate others while they're still low. 0_0

Definite +1

Way to beat everyone else at making a planned server. Hopefully will not have a crazy high bonus to skill gain. I don't want to have hardcore skillers get to 90 in a few days and obliterate others while they're still low. 0_0

2x skill gain won't have a huge impact on game play, It will let people get rid of the longer timers at the start of the game.

• Like 1

Sadly this will never work.  Rolf isnt releasing the anti-cheat code with wurm unlimited, which means it'll be very difficult (if not impossible) to detect cheats unless you have constant oversight on actions, or build your own anti-cheat systems.

wurm unlimited will only be good for "scenarios" and short-term events, OR if you want to play solo or with a small group of people.

• Like 1

Sadly this will never work.  Rolf isnt releasing the anti-cheat code with wurm unlimited, which means it'll be very difficult (if not impossible) to detect cheats unless you have constant oversight on actions, or build your own anti-cheat systems.

wurm unlimited will only be good for "scenarios" and short-term events, OR if you want to play solo or with a small group of people.

Never is a strong word, I think you even mention that there are ways to fix it.

All options are being looked into right now.

As 2008 is kinda old then no champs/meditation? Or all current features?

All current features would be present, The server setup would resemble 2008.

I was thinking about this if everyone is in such an uproar over people leaving how would they feel about people advertising wurm unlimited servers here? 

I do not mind them but i am not one of the sky is falling guys either but i can just see a lot of animosity coming from the others that do though, lol

Im more then willing to bet most anything that people WILL create there own anti cheat for the game along with an expansion of various other things. Wurms community may be smaller then most other games, But it has probably more developers then most other games, which are approaching WU in there own way, Weighing the risks and time needed to do X, Or even go to WU. 

WU will not be good in mass amount of players ofcourse, However it will definitely survive in small groups(Under a hundred actively playing) for long term. This is true for any game really. 

Dont trust you to be impartial. Sorry!

Ok then don't come on the server I guess.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also,

All GM actions on players are posted publically on the forums

So players get to see it happen live.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1

Ok then don't come on the server I guess.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also,

All GM actions on players are posted publically on the forums

So players get to see it happen live.

I thought it was pretty obvious I wasn't going to lol.

Cubeman isn't exactly the pillar of the community here (neither am I or many others) and I highly doubt he will be legit with this.

I sense some deep seeded animosity from wild.

All I can say is the people involved heavily dislike moderation corruption and would work to have none.

Edited by FranktheTank

Will illegal cart racing be allowed on said servers?

gambling, drugs, profanity, prostitution, and racing is all allowed.

• Like 1

Shouldn't be too difficult to create an extremely basic anti-cheat system that just flags anyone who has 'too many' (determined by GM) in-game hours per day, accounts running at once or skills far surpassing others. It's basic, still allows for people to macro say 1 account for 4 hours a day, but it would quickly flag up anyone trying to run 10 accounts for 20 hours a day.

Once flagged, GM can just check them out while invisible and see whether it's legitimate or not.

All it would require is a simple program monitoring the character database.

GL with your server.