Sign in to follow this  
Gaul

Customizing WU

Allow players to fully customizes the new WU free play mode.

I am not sure if that will be allowed or not. Like how people made many maps out of WOW like Dota, Troll v Elf.

Similarly allow us to make mini games from Wurm resource. Really looking forward to this developing aspect of the game.  

I read that GM tools will be available, would not be hard to create interesting scenarios you described.

• Like 1

How about replacing gfx packs and modding to the point one can create say... a Mad Max Online?

As far as i can tell he will allow modification of the server files as long as they dont go against copyright? Not saying this as a fact but its whats been kinda said.

You don't get access to the "Wurm Online" server code which contains said cheat detection system. Like I said we removed it from the "Wurm Unlimited" server code.. We don't try to control how you mod the stuff we release on Steam. 

Being able to alter the NPC's and or new types would be interesting too. For example a trader that follows a predefined path and destroys any walls placed to block it's progress.

Being able to alter the NPC's and or new types would be interesting too. For example a trader that follows a predefined path and destroys any walls placed to block it's progress.

high value traders that wander pseudo-randomly like mobs do. so if you want really good gear cheap, you gotta find them.

high value traders that wander pseudo-randomly like mobs do. so if you want really good gear cheap, you gotta find them.

Or Traders that walk into your house and drop fantastic items on the floor so that you can pick them up the next day and have your Merchant auto-enchant them with 105 casts of the type desired.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Little leprechauns that steal your stuff and give it to a random other player on the server :)

Gnome armies that you can recruit by supplying them with fantastic shovel tips that your Trader supplies, that will then dig tunnels deep within the earth accessible only to them, who will then collapse whole servers of players who provide refuge and assistance to Leprechauns.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Also note that it has been stated, that, while there will be no specific mod support, they will also not prevent any modifications. And since the game is written in Java, it should be possible to access some of the game code (depending on how obfuscated it is) and create modding tools (the same happened to Minecraft, for example, a java game now well known for its mods even though there has not been official support).

Also note that it has been stated, that, while there will be no specific mod support, they will also not prevent any modifications. And since the game is written in Java, it should be possible to access some of the game code (depending on how obfuscated it is) and create modding tools (the same happened to Minecraft, for example, a java game now well known for its mods even though there has not been official support).

Look up farther in the thread and you'll see me quote Rolf on this :P

Dynamic spawn events.

Small 10x10 deeds that pop up with a house/farm/cart, dilapidated and falling down with 2 to 10 zombies/ghosts you have to kill to get it to despawn.

Wandering wizards that will cast certain enchants for a fee.

NPCS you can find wandering around sometimes that will offer services. I will rake crops for 24 hours. I will make 500 bricks if you show me a bsb with rock shards...ect..

Ghost ships/dilapidated that appear randomly on the coast that require mob clearing to despawn.

I can't wait for mod'ers to get started.