Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Wurm Unlimited Announcement

Wurm Unlimited Logo

We at Code Club, together with Plug In Digital, are very proud to announce Wurm Unlimited – the next step for the Wurm Fantasy Sandbox!

Coming to Steam the 21st of October 2015, Wurm Unlimited allows you to play in the Wurm world locally on your PC and even host persistent servers yourselves.

The game is pretty much a full copy of the current MMO engine with Steam integration. The idea behind the release is to present the Wurm world to new players and also help players who never got into the game to experience it in a more relaxed way. Hopefully our current or previous players will find it entertaining as well.

There are initially two modes planned for release: “Adventure”, which is a predefined world with a few warring kingdoms to live in and explore, and “Creative” which is an undeveloped map. The main goal for the Adventure mode will be to find a way of becoming a deity on the moon Valrei which we think is suitable both for a single player and a group of players either cooperating or belonging to different kingdoms.

In both modes you can set your player to become a Game Master with the possibility to instantly create items, summon creatures, build and terraform faster in order to create the experience you want for other players or just fool around with the features. You can also copy the whole game directory of any mode and create own, custom modes. You will be able to tweak variables such as initial skill values, skill gain rate, action timers and max number of creatures. It will also be possible to connect servers to each other and travel between them in order to create large persistent clusters.

Go ahead and check out the Steam page at http://store.steampowered.com/app/366220!

We will also write compile an FAQ. If you have questions, please post them in the relevant thread in our forum section here.

Wurm and Code Club in a nutshell:
Code Club is the independent game developer behind the sandbox MMO Wurm Online.
Released commercially in 2006 the game is still unique in that it features a persistent non-instanced fantasy sandbox world with complex terraforming, a player driven economy, free location player housing and settlements coupled with a huge feature set.

Plug in Digital in a nutshell:

Plug in Digital focuses on distributing video games on digital platforms. Our motto, “Your games everywhere†explains it all. The company provides turnkey solutions for worldwide distribution and trade marketing in order to support video games throughout their entire lifecycles. Working hand in hand with all major distribution platforms as well as the main retail and cloud gaming actors, Plug in Digital’s team ensures an outstanding exposure and monetization of your games.

For more information: http://www.plug-in-digital.com/.

• Like 12

what is that ?   everyone can host own wurm now?  are you out of your mind

It doesn't surprise me at all that Rolf has ended up killing his own game

A private server is fun and all, but Rolf ought to think this through VERY carefully. It will be fun for a week tops and after that both the private servers and the real wurm online will be dead. Is it really worth it?

Most stupid thing ever posted here. GG

Edited by Lundu
  • Like 1

I give it two weeks for the online servers to be abandoned… Shame that Rolf is doing this. Who will be paying premium fees now? Not a very smart move if you ask me...

I like this idea now the people that want to own the entire server by dropping 20 pointless deeds can "own" their own server. This is a great step forward, market the game to more than the 1000 people that play actively. Most people are just worried about their own self interests instead of seeing the game grow.

Edited by Pride
  • Like 7

I would actually hope this game sells for 100$ in the Steam store… With all the premium time I have paid for development, make sure you sell this for a good price, because it might be your last game income.

• Like 1

Cashgrab that rolf invests in a mansion on a tropical island after wich he files for bancrupsy and retires?

How do you announce that without announcing plans for this "game mode" ? 

We wanted this game to be on steam. You've assured nobody that this game is a focus lol. ...

Question: Will wurm online be advertised inside steam too to increase player input

Of course not, why have a sh--ty old car when you can have a porsche.

Edited by Juvlar

I'm speechless. Glad I'm quitting, wurm will soon be dead.

Good job Rolf. This just seems like a quick money maker for you.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this