Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Frequently Asked Questions thread

Will resources, such as ore veins, be randomly generated with each map creation so no two maps are identical?

I am curious to know if running the Server will require its own instance of Steam running or if it will be a standalone download and installation. If I set up a server on my desktop will i need a 2nd steam account and game purchase to connect to that server on my laptop.

• Like 1

Warlander would it be possible to obtain an original copy of current server maps like Celebration? The raw version before players that is. Thanks

Like I said in other thread, I doubt this is possible.

Will resources, such as ore veins, be randomly generated with each map creation so no two maps are identical?

This is server generation thing, so resources on one generated map are always the same. 

I am curious to know if running the Server will require its own instance of Steam running or if it will be a standalone download and installation. If I set up a server on my desktop will i need a 2nd steam account and game purchase to connect to that server on my laptop.

There will be dedicated server software as well (as tool on Steam).

• Like 1

Just noticed the system requirements on the steam store page.

So Intel graphics will not be officially supported in WU? 

If so its a shame as the current client runs fine on my surface 3 pro tablet under windows 8.1. Under windows 10 it has the ground texture corruption bug, but everything else works and runs great.

Just noticed the system requirements on the steam store page.

So Intel graphics will not be officially supported in WU? 

If so its a shame as the current client runs fine on my surface 3 pro tablet under windows 8.1. Under windows 10 it has the ground texture corruption bug, but everything else works and runs great.

If your computer is able to run WO right now, it will be able to run WU as well (things are getting more complicated if you want to have your own personal small server).

Is it possible to see a server's configuration file structure before the release to prepare the setting of a server ?

Or something like this for being ready on the release day ?

Yes you can create multiple character on one server, but not login on them at the same time.

Thank you, really appreciate the answer.

Personally, there goes the last dealbreaker for me. Looking forward to release.

In the meantime, a couple questions out of curiosity, and it could be explained which will be in the release, which would require a mod, and which would be difficult if not impossible, that'd be great.

Will we be able to tweak the rate of Favor recovery?

Can a server admin enable Favor recovery while offline?

Can the rate of gain/xp for skills and attributes be set independently? Either having one setting for "skills" and another for "attributes" or some other division, or is it all one setting?

Can Faith gain rate be set independently, or does it fall under a setting above?

Will there be server settings for the size of action queues?

Thanks for the answers, and looking forward to release!

Edited by WalkerInTheVoid

Will be any portal, where y can change your WO ingame money back to euro?

Much funnies!!!!! Hehahehahe

Go play Bitcoin if you are looking for an investment. Play Wurm if you're looking for a game.

• Like 3

Can i buy WU for silvers? I have some and noone want it.

• Like 1

I guess you didn't read the small letters when you started playing wurm. But ill resume it to you. Nothing, none , nada , in the game belongs to you its all code club property and the coin doesn't have any real money value.

I will take your silvers. I want them.

• Like 1

Can you cry any louder? Of course people are going to freeze/slow their spending until WU is launched. Wait it out.

Edited by Trake

I guess you didn't read the small letters when you started playing wurm. But ill resume it to you. Nothing, none , nada , in the game belongs to you its all code club property and the coin doesn't have any real money value.

yee, didnt read and we all burn now. What does mean "real money"?

Edited by ftoz

Can you cry any louder? Of course people are going to freeze/slow their spending until WU is launched. Wait it out.

that was little joke:} Freeze their spending? Ok, freeze until will be deleted

Edited by ftoz

Not sure whether Twitch adds games or devs can submit games, but will Wurm Unlimited be split from the WO twitch or just kept in the same? I think with WU there is some chance that more streams will pop up since it can be modded/sped up and be done a bit more creatively than now.I think it would be a good idea to have WU have it's own game channel.

As a side note; I think it would be great if the dev team did more with Twitch. Question and Answer streams, behind the scenes, interviews, etc. With branching out into steam and the potential from there it seems like it could be a good time to really try and earn some presence for the game on Twitch as well, from the dev viewpoint - and to me makes more sense then having question periods on forums or irc.

in b4 all the wurm streams are boring replies - i think with WU that could change some :)

Rolf can you give us a server option to set the maximum allowable success chance on crafting?

Go play Bitcoin if you are looking for an investment. Play Wurm if you're looking for a game.

I try manytimes pay wurm prem by bitcoins, it use some ###### 3d party, its so funny,amount receive done and they write me, that it doesnt go ok through their portal and money return

Edited by ftoz

I will take your silvers. I want them.

how many y want? I give y free, but has not so many

Edited by ftoz

Assuming Wurm uses a relational database, will the schema be published?

will hunting dragons be incorporated into story mode so that one single player can take it on?

Good day Wurm team !

i would like to know at least about the creature per tile ratio to how much RAM it takes .
we wanna launch a private server , and no one knows what kind of PC we gonna need , is a simple VPS/VDS with 4GB ram is going to be enouth ? or we are talking about massive dedicated serversarrow-10x10.png with 32GB ram or more .

the traffic flow that you get is 4kbs so basically 5TB of traffic should be enough , but there is no info about how many it takes for all the creatures ... 

what we know is that the measure is about 167 tiles per a creature.
512x512 map @ 1,570 creatures
1024x1024 map @ 6,279 creatures
2048x2048 map @ 25,116 creatures (Deliverance sized) the map that gonna be used at WU
4096x4096 map @ 100,462 creatures (Independance sized)
8192x8192 map @ 401,849 creatures (Xanadu sized" 

so any info about RAM usage ratio with players and creatures will be really welcome .

thank you .

Alex

Edited by Alexo

How come that minecraft steam game that comes out in a whole month and a half already has pre-purchases

and a price setup while Wurm unlimited which is nearly 2 weeks off it's release date has none of it?