Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Frequently Asked Questions thread

i could imagine that your will spawn altars in gm mode (like something to build up your starter town) and for religion limitations there must be templates. see the new gods in WO.

as far as being able to cast in sp, would be as simple as making your self kingdom leader and using the royal priest titles. this would make all spells half favor.

with mp would be suprised if there wasnt an adjustable variable for spell prices.

Edited by ausimus

since WU you can have alts.  will priest restrictions on WO be on WU, thats a massive question from all, LIke can we have a char that does everything including enchants without penalties?  ( because manually switching  to gm n back n forth would get very annoying)

would you ever answer all the questions in the discussion group on steam  ? so much people asking stuff in there. most of them never seen the forums here ^^ or ever heard of wurm at all (<- more then a hint then a question ;) )

nvm you do it right now :D thank you

Edited by noermel

since WU you can have alts.  will priest restrictions on WO be on WU, thats a massive question from all, LIke can we have a char that does everything including enchants without penalties?  ( because manually switching  to gm n back n forth would get very annoying)

be a champ

So many threads so much information to go thought, not enough time to read all.

So will wurm unlimited player be able to join the wurm online cluster of servers?

I haven't heard anything about the price. Do we know how much the initial cost of wurm unlimited will cost?

So many threads so much information to go thought, not enough time to read all.

So will wurm unlimited player be able to join the wurm online cluster of servers?

Serriously. That second question about joining WU to WO? use ur Wogic. If you can change Skill rates from WU and not in WO would that be fair to current WO players to let people from WU join? No i dont think so ;)

That already said you can be champion....

They could also make scepter of +100 faith.....and a marker for bridges to place.....

Anything and everything can be solved fairly easy without making 7 guys per account.

Since they are separate games and  its pretty easy to do things with GM mode.

Why does it matter if someone wants to make 100 characters? No one else is ever going to see them. It's a private game.

Will there be a way to increase the map size .?  Meaning  people can not make there own map's  ?

Rolf and the Dev's is there any chance you could release copies of all these as maps - Storm, Desertion, Affliction, Serenity, Release, Pristine, Exodus ... to add to WU at some point ?...

all these servers are 2048x2048 which is the same size of the 2 maps that we get with WU when it ships.

I'd also like a copy of the Golden Valley map to go with my WU at some point as well so i can go back to all the old places i use to build places when i first started Wurm :P

With GV being of a smaller size it should be very easy to copy and add as an add-on map for WU.

And b4 anyone says about deeds and stuff on these maps....i mean fresh maps....b4 players added any buildings. That's 8 clean maps that can be added one by one and should be VERY easy to add as they have already being made and they should also add alot to WU for players that already know these maps. ;)

• Like 1

Serriously. That second question about joining WU to WO? use ur Wogic. If you can change Skill rates from WU and not in WO would that be fair to current WO players to let people from WU join? No i dont think so ;)

Why dont u use yours, each server will be seperate from another server and unless there is a central hive for characters, u wont be able to move it from server to server. So each server ull have a different char and that could include the WO Cluster.

Am i a dum arse for asking?

I haven't heard anything about the price. Do we know how much the initial cost of wurm unlimited will cost?

Nothing yet, and I've been watching closely.

• Like 1

Maybe I missed it, so I apologize in advance...  Where has it been officially said that we couldn't have two characters on the same private server?  I know it's been stated that it may not be possible to multi-box (have two clients running at once from the same computer / steam ID), which would mean a single physical player wouldn't be able to have multiple toons logged on at the same time...

...But I must've missed where it was actually stated that you couldn't create as many alts as you want on a given server...

Its gonna be cheap enough buy several.

That's fine by me. But how do you run multiple steam games from multiple steam accounts at the same time on a single computer without deploying virtual machines?

Maybe I'm wrong and just haven't found the switch in steam to allow that.

Will we have control over creature spawns, (what creature, how many and where?)

That's fine by me. But how do you run multiple steam games from multiple steam accounts at the same time on a single computer without deploying virtual machines?

Maybe I'm wrong and just haven't found the switch in steam to allow that.

I am not sure, but maybe via sandbox? Some AV have this functionality, there are standalone sandboxing applications as well.

Will we have control over creature spawns, (what creature, how many and where?)

On server wide scale - only total amount of animals and % of aggressive animals. As a GM, you can spawn any number of any creatures in any place you want.

I apologize if this was answered and I missed it in the last 19 pages of comments. After purchasing Wurm Unlimited through steam when it is released will players be considered "premium" players on Wurm Online, or will there be a separate client for WO since it was referred to as the "Official game server"?

I apologize if this was answered and I missed it in the last 19 pages of comments. After purchasing Wurm Unlimited through steam when it is released will players be considered "premium" players on Wurm Online, or will there be a separate client for WO since it was referred to as the "Official game server"?

Buying Wurm Unlimited is separate to Wurm Online premium.

Why dont u use yours, each server will be seperate from another server and unless there is a central hive for characters, u wont be able to move it from server to server. So each server ull have a different char and that could include the WO Cluster.

Am i a dum arse for asking?

Yes, since you asked the question in the wrong way ;)

On server wide scale - only total amount of animals and % of aggressive animals. As a GM, you can spawn any number of any creatures in any place you want. 

Ok will we have more control maybe in the future?? Wink wink nod nod... ;-)

Edited by Overlord

I must ask this one.... 

For horses (mainly)....  Can I spawn them 5-speed.... or can I disable everything but the 5 speeds because .... dat RNG >_<

And can we tweak gestation times (As a biologist thinking of setting them "from 7 to 7 weeks" basically, as in no gestation time variation for the love of Darwin).