Sign in to follow this  
Lolabelle

Name of Owner of House, Positioning Altars

Please make so we can examine a house and get the Writ holders name. 

Also please make so we can push altars some to make them neater looking in a room. Metal altars are horrible looking unless you get lucky and are standing in exact right spot when you complete them. Stone altars can be pushed, why not metal ones?

Just a thought. Lets say a new player comes to Wurm and buys a rare drake set on the forums. He is one of those type who likes pvp and thus he lives on chaos. Now lets assume his forum account is the same as his in game name. A player knows that if he keeps items on himself they will be safe when he logs off. And now one day an old player finds a house with that players name and he is active on the forums and as rare drake set is not a common item he decides to wait for that player to log in and take items by force. If he didnt know whose house it was, most likely an old player wouldnt waste his time waiting for a new, unskilled player, but now - why not. Thus, sorry, -1 to the house thing. 

• Like 1

I respect the suggestion, but have to -1 it too.

The option of privacy and anonymity should be an opt-in one, like the map. If they want to label it, they will retain the default "Pete's Shack" name, or put up a sign.

The only reason I can think of, is for wanting to set up a settlement over a writ, and waiting for those fobbles who build and never come back, to log in (or for the decay). But then, we wait anyway.

The altar pushing, for sure +1 :) I have one somewhere on a steep hill, hanging off the side. Looks like a gold wart.

This suggestion was not for PVP.   It is so that maybe you could contact someone who has a building decaying in the middle of nowhere that you may want to deed, or even inform that their building is decaying.  Can't see how any different than owner name on boat or carts.

This suggestion was not for PVP.   It is so that maybe you could contact someone who has a building decaying in the middle of nowhere that you may want to deed, or even inform that their building is decaying.  Can't see how any different than owner name on boat or carts.

Just a thought. Lets say a new player comes to Wurm and buys a rare drake set on the forums. He is one of those type who likes pvp and thus he lives on chaos. Now lets assume his forum account is the same as his in game name. A player knows that if he keeps items on himself they will be safe when he logs off. And now one day an old player finds a house with that players name and he is active on the forums and as rare drake set is not a common item he decides to wait for that player to log in and take items by force. If he didnt know whose house it was, most likely an old player wouldnt waste his time waiting for a new, unskilled player, but now - why not. Thus, sorry, -1 to the house thing. 

Edited by Battlepaw

PVE opinion here:

Personally, someone contacting me about a building of mine is something I would consider rude.

If I have a building standing somewhere, it's there for a reason. I don't care if someone else wants to deed the land, they can wait until I am done with my use of it. First come, first serve. If they really want the land that bad, they can deed close by it and evict me via perimeter mechanics.

If I've quit and my buildings are still standing but decaying, you're not going to be getting in contact with me anyway...

Freedom pvp at it's finest.  Deed blocker writs. B)

As someone who waited for the "Crestkill" buildings to decay, it can take a while.  Especially if you don't perimeter over them.

To the OP, this does not always work, but try examining things left behind like cared for animals, altars, large carts, and abandoned boats.  Sometimes if you can establish a common name, it will help you figure out who previously had it, or someone that might know.

As someone who waited for the "Crestkill" buildings to decay, it can take a while.  Especially if you don't perimeter over them.

That's because my buildings usually are anywhere between 80-90ql.  ;) 

Appreciate the fact that you weren't rude and tried to contact me about them, even though you did your homework to figure out whose they were. I had a few people bother me about acquiring them. And although you're trying to call me out right now with your "deed blocker writs" comment, I have to pull a Wonka here and say "you've won the game, Charlie!".

If any of those buildings still remain (I demolished most from the old deed but left a few to use during travel purposes, which I no longer really need), I'll hand em over/drop them for you if you're still interested. PM me if you are, we will set something up.

All's well.  We just used the perimeter to accelerate the buildings at the coast, and planted a deed a while ago.  Although now open, some of the inland buildings still have a few walls remaining.  I stop by occasionally to clear out the mine, and admire the supreme pillar.  ;)