Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Many chat channel changes and client update

Fix for trusted friends being able to loot your corpse.

Trade channel improvements. Added a colour to indicate if message is from current server.

Trade channel improvements. Added a colour to show the message has your name in it.

Trade channel improvements. Added server to message.

Fix for Village and Alliance text being wrong way round in profile.

Trade channel improvements. Added @<name> which can be used to replay to the specified person. Only shows for them.

Fix for trade channel reshowing when switched off (due to x-server trade messaged).

Added option in profile so can switch off getting start messages in chats.

Made wand of the seas create half the size islands in order to increase usability.

Added clause about attending the game when using keybinds in the game rules found at http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123123-wurm-rules/

Made the same server trade messages a lighter blue.

Added server abbreviations for all trade messages.

Fix so the strength check for digging on roads is performed at start of dig action.

Fixed bug where we got more of same entity on the valrei map when reconnecting.

Moved character name to display before game title instead of after.

Added containers position remembering after logouts and for different resolutions.

Fixed wrong size of Valrei map.

Changed display default settings to make game start in fullscreen for new players.

Changed wounds sorting to make bandaged wounds go to the bottom of the list.

Added height display on hover when mallet or hammer is activated.

Added possibility to align player rotation with mount rotation (toggled off by default).

Changed border around items in character window to change color at any damage.

• Like 5

Added possibility to align player rotation with mount rotation (toggled off by default).

Good improvements but....

.... vehicles still do not follow terrain.  So they stay parallel with water even on steep mountains, making it impossible to see behind you...and weapons of passengers will continue to obscure the driver's view.  

... and rare carts don't glow.

• Like 5

This is asking way too much imo. But in case this wasn't the intention can we get more information?

I think it's quite clear. If you're not actually monitoring the game you can't exactly be considered actively playing. The rules haven't really changed, only been clarified, and that is if you're not paying attention in game there is no way the staff can prove either way if you're using a macro or a bot.

I think it's quite clear. If you're not actually monitoring the game you can't exactly be considered actively playing. The rules haven't really changed, only been clarified, and that is if you're not paying attention in game there is no way the staff can prove either way if you're using a macro or a bot.

Three minutes you risk being banned, now off the top of my head what people would likely AFK for long periods of time for would be...

Shieldtraining

Fishing

New accounts using any form of skiller tools (and in some cases normal tools)

Towerbashing

Spawnbashing

Wallbashing

Minedoor bashing

Fighting very weak but commonplace mobs such as towerguards

Someone panfilling large amounts for you

Repairing

Meditation in an attempt to get a question

Lockpicking queues

Reinforced cave wall disintegration

It's just a bit odd, literally what i do with 9/10ths of my time in wurm is basically me shieldtraining, or raiding (which involves fighting a large amount of commonplace mobs, catapulting, bashing walls/minedoors, picking into doors/caves and safemine disintegration.)

As for shieldtraining, I have a timer set to every 10-15 minutes that will let me know when to come back and repair my shield and get stamina.

For raiding, its very common for entire 20+ man groups to literally queue up 5+ actions that last for 30 seconds for 4+ hours at a time, repeatedly.

Quite literally I spend the majority of my time ingame AFK unless i'm actively grinding something like a smithing skill for instance, or im in active combat. My entire playstyle is tailored around my ability to go AFK to study and/or work from home.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 6

I'm no GM but my opinion is that if you're not playing then you're not playing.

I'm sure that this addendum is to ensure that innocent players aren't banned by mistake so if it helps secure your account by checking back every few minutes then it's very little to ask. If you're away for more than a few minutes while performing actions then you cannot be considered playing the game.

• Like 1

I'm no GM but my opinion is that if you're not playing then you're not playing.

I'm sure that this addendum is to ensure that innocent players aren't banned by mistake so if it helps secure your account by checking back every few minutes then it's very little to ask. If you're away for more than a few minutes while performing actions then you cannot be considered playing the game.

So basically, don't ever queue fishing actions, bashing actions, lockpicking actions unless you want to risk an account ban? I don't know anyone who actively watches or checks back for most of those actions, they use tools like Wurmassistant to ding them when they queue is up, or when someone yells at them while raiding.

Do you watch yourself fish with 7 actions queued?

With my first post i didn't even consider queueing actions while playing on more than one account, but that adds a lot more possibilities to the list....

I don't really oppose it until I see it in action, but the way it was explained wasn't enough I don't think.

Edited by Propheteer

Do you watch yourself fish with 7 actions queued?

SEVEN ACTIONS???

• Like 1

SEVEN ACTIONS???

we can make it six or five, but some people like to go the full seven.

some people are insane

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

Wait a sec, so I have to keep looking at the pig or cow or whatever while shieldtraining? 

3 minutes is too short of a time. Like propheteer said fishing,destroying, and other action queing will make no sense now.
If i am running a second client while shield bashing on 1st, that's risky as well?

A big question here is: Players will atleast get message from GM to verify if they are macroing or not? Or will the players be directly banned if they go afk for 3 minutes or longer while shieldtraining or something like that??
Caus they might be watching at the screen the whole time, just not moving. Need confirmation if a GM message will come to verify whether the player is macroing or not.

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 3

Three minutes you risk being banned, now off the top of my head what people would likely AFK for long periods of time for would be...

Quite literally I spend the majority of my time ingame AFK unless i'm actively grinding something like a smithing skill for instance, or im in active combat. My entire playstyle is tailored around my ability to go AFK to study and/or work from home.

+1 for not banning people who don't macro. 

Have to agree with Prof here. If the game makes you stand and watch an action timer for 3 minutes per action and you can queue 5 actions then you need to change that action before you request us to come and look at it every 3 minutes. If you require attention in the game then you must give more immersion rather than stupidly long action timers. 

As an example as a new player you find 3 very low ql highly damaged backpacks and you want to repair them, that is over 5 minutes of actions timers as a new player

• Like 4

I am getting sotg in 3 days on a toon of mine and you tell me that it is going to be banned in the next shield training session? why wurm why :P

On a serious note, if this is going to stay as it is, I think you should post it in the in game event tab in coloured text for some time. I wasn't going to check any of the recent changes caus the topic doesn't interest me. And good to know that some players pointed it out and it got to my attention. Many players who do not check the forums ever, do shield train and do afk skill grinding. They should know via in game event messages in coloured text for their own safety. And when a change of this nature takes place, everyone on forums and in game should know about it even if they log in.

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 1

• Moved character name to display before game title instead of after.

I know it's a small update for a fringe case (and clearly won't be the focus of this thread) but it helps me out so much. Thanks for listening to your players!

What is the Wand of the Sea??? Searched wiki no info.

creates a crater on land, was meant to be able to make an island.

valrei item that drops on epic

I can understand punishing people who are constantly and actively queueing new actions, even three minutes after "any popup questions that may occur".

I cannot understand punishing people for not paying attention to the game for three minutes.

Perhaps the rule is just badly phrased? :mellow:

Edited by Pidgeoni
  • Like 4

I get that they want us to be actively playing. Nothing wrong in that, but so many timers push it over 3mins that it scares me to play all my actions now. And also, does this mean I can't have my priest character fish or pray for 3 actions while my other character farms?  It is a little confusing.

Perhaps it is worded strangely but its not nearly as scary as one may think.

If you stack a queue of actions and go AFK, when that queue ends you will be standing there doing nothing until you return. When you return you will obviously be looking at your screen to begin new actions and thus would see any pop up or whatever. If you are standing AFK doing nothing obviously you wont be expected to answer a pop up. If you are not answering a pop up after 30 actions something will start to look suspicious. The 3 mins isn't some hard cap its just a general example to make sure that people are aware they need to not be stacking queues and queues and queues without at least glancing at the screen between.

Hopefully this explains it a little better, things like shield training are not even actions so please don't panic it is only asking that people do try to pay attention between queues.

• Like 13

Thank you for explaining! I just didn't want to be doing something wrong. I like this game too much. :D

Perhaps it is worded strangely but its not nearly as scary as one may think.

If you stack a queue of actions and go AFK, when that queue ends you will be standing there doing nothing until you return. When you return you will obviously be looking at your screen to begin new actions and thus would see any pop up or whatever. If you are standing AFK doing nothing obviously you wont be expected to answer a pop up. If you are not answering a pop up after 30 actions something will start to look suspicious. The 3 mins isn't some hard cap its just a general example to make sure that people are aware they need to not be stacking queues and queues and queues without at least glancing at the screen between.

Hopefully this explains it a little better, things like shield training are not even actions so please don't panic it is only asking that people do try to pay attention between queues.

"at least every three minutes"

It states a specific time not a guideline. I think this time is to short.

Edit: Long timers aren't subject to the 3 minute rule. But theres no definition between long and short timers. 

I see why the rule is there and why its worded like that but perhaps just emphasizing this part more than having a time limit  "make sure to respond to any popup questions that may occur due to such perceived automation." 

Edited by Omar

I'll fix that

*Edit: Ok I changed it by removing the 3 mins and made it now say "If you use keybinds and send actions that finish often, make sure that your actions have desired effect before starting a new queue in case you watch TV or do something similar that steals your attention."

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this