Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Outdated or Needing Images

Nov 13 2015

Cleaned thread again. Thanks to everyone providing images!

Outdated or Needs an Image
Please use this thread to report pages that either need an image or have outdated or poor quality images. When reporting a page, please include a link to the page in question and a short description of what it needs and why. I will take items that are reported and place them in the list below, removing your post in order to keep the thread clean. Likewise as screenshots are provided and used, they will be removed from the list as well.

Example:
Hatchet
http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Hatchet
Needs an image with it's new model.

Providing Images
You may also post screenshots that are needed to this thread for an Assistant+ to format and upload onto the wiki. Your images should not have any mouse-over (blue outline) in them, should be well-lit and not too dark, and taken against an appropriate background. When taking a screenshot, the item should be alone in the frame. Try to use a contrasting background that isn't too busy, such as marble or stone slab or even wood flooring if the item is lighter in color. Please ensure that your game settings are set as high as possible for textures and anti-aliasing. You may post full screenshots here for an Assistant+ to format, or follow the guidelines below.

Item and Creature image guidelines
First ensure that your game settings are such that texture quality is set to maximum before taking a screenshot. When editing the screenshot, the resulting image should be of decent resolution, having a ratio no greater than 1.6, and cropped so that only the subject appears centered in the frame. They should be well-lit as to not be too dark and set against a background that helps visibility, and should not contain a mouse-over hover. The image should be compressed as a Jpeg (JPG) to reduce file size, but still maintain a high degree of image quality.

Click Spoiler for recommended settings.

Spoiler

Not shown: Anti-aliasing, which is also recommended.

rtfNsxW.png

Current List
Canopy Bed

Recently Updated
Staff

Gold Altar

• Like 1

Tome of incineration :o

188375f506.jpg

Green Cherry:

yMHnapK.jpg

On 12/26/2015 at 3:23 PM, Dskaggsgv said:

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Dragon_scale

Needs a picture of a dragon scale.

On 3/1/2016 at 1:57 PM, Qaay said:

Tome of incineration :o

On 3/1/2016 at 1:57 PM, Qaay said:

Green Cherry:

Check, check, check!

Edited by sEeDliNgS

4 hours ago, Qaay said:

oleander bush:

Done!

Oleander flower page doesn't need/use an image, but I like the picture you took anyway :)

Camellia

2fd3006cb6.jpg

Lavender bush & hedge:

4e57bdc3f7.jpg

Edited by Qaay

On 3/19/2016 at 3:47 PM, Qaay said:

Camellia

On 3/19/2016 at 3:47 PM, Qaay said:

Lavender bush & hedge

Both updated. Thanks for the images!

After looking at the images in the Wurmpedia files I noticed that the hedge page images showing the growth stages of a hedge are inconsistent with the image specifications provided by Keenan in the opening post. I ask that someone provide images that fit the specifications in the opening post provided above. Said images should be well lit with no blue image outline. 

Thank you for all of the people that have provided images. We do appreciate the help of the community. 

Thank you

Zachariah 

I'm working on Category:pages with broken links. The following pages need images:

black tome
blood of angels
blue dragon hatchling
blue tome
colossus of fo
farwalker amulet
giant walnut
green tome
key to the heavens
red cherry
red dragon hatchling
scroll of binding
slime of uttacha
stone keystone
summer hat
white cherry
zinc ore

•  
Edited by MissWilc

sadly not a high ql picture, but red dragon hatchling

71336fcd52.jpg

@Alyeska brought to my attention that all the dragons pages use the wrong images.(i.e. the black dragon uses the hatchling picture) She provided me with an imgur album of all the dragons (besides the blue hatchling) if a WA wants to crop them to size and upload them I can change the img links on the actual pages. 

Thanks Alyeska!

Edit: -_- I forgot the imgur album link *sigh* http://imgur.com/a/VGKZk

Edited by Zachariah
forgot the imgur link
  • Like 1

As I was working on the re categorizing of the wall pages there is a lot of images that are outdated. Below:

• Palisade (gate and fence)
  • Wooden Fence (and gate)
  • Woven Fence 

Below are the link for the wooden fence and wooden fence gate. They are going to need to be cut down and uploaded. 

Ill be updating this post as I find more images as I redo the wall categories.

1 hour ago, Zachariah said:

Below are the link for the wooden fence and wooden fence gate

Thank you for sharing the images; however, I would like to get some better images of these two - the fence has a blue border in the background which cuts into the fence portion, and the gate cannot be cropped without the sword still hovering over the gate.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:50 AM, JakeRivers said:

Zinc

I hate to be picky again :P But I think the zinc ore would stand out nicer on a different background; something lighter? And less cart in the vein ;)

Thanks to both of you :)

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:32 AM, Zachariah said:

@Alyeska brought to my attention that all the dragons pages use the wrong images

Awesome pics, Alyeska! Quite the photographer. Updating them right now, consider it done.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

zinc take 2

Haha :P

Thank you! Those are some beautiful zinc pics! A+