Sign in to follow this  
Alendhor

Application Blocked for Security

Ok, so when I tried to log in this morning a window popped up with the title Application Blocked for Security, and said "Failed to validate certificate. The application will not be executed." 

Below that was listed:

Name:  Wurm Online

Publisher:  Code Club AB

This comes up no matter what link I try to use: desktop, website, links in the forum.

I was playing just fine last night until I logged off around 1am CST/US.

I haven't made any configurations changes or added any new programs to my computer.

I've tried reloading Java (64bit for Windows 7), adding the website and launch url's to the Java exception list in the console, running CCleaner, turning off Windows Firewall, and rebooting my cable modem/router.  All had no effect.

Anyone have any ideas?

Alendhor

I found that post right after I posted and did try the suggestion to delete trusted.certs.  No affect, unfortunately.

and you double checked the date and time on your computer?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Can you also see what happens if you go to Wurm Launcher > Pack Settings and uncheck all of the "optional" boxes at the bottom? I think at one time one of the optional jars had an issue with manifest file but I need to refresh my memory on what that was about ...

Also see whether a manual update of the main graphics.jar bypasses the security warning:

Manual download of graphics.jar from Wurmpedia link: http://www.wurmonline.com/packs/graphics.jar

another thing to maybe be try (this is just "shotgun let's try all kinds of things" because i have no idea what would cause it ....)

in the "Network settings" tab of the Java control panel it was written "Use the browser settings".

I do not use any proxy server to connect to the Internet; at least, I do not intend to use any.

So I have changed it to "Direct connection", launched the Wurm application and the patch had quickly downloaded. 

java-error-3.png?w=605

java-error-4.png?w=605

Date and time are correct, although I've been having to reenter them every time I boot my computer.  Guessing my CMOS battery has finally given up the ghost.

The Wurm Launcher never opens up.  I get a little Java window, then a Starting Application..., Verifying application window, and then the offensive failure window.

Changing to Direct Connection didn't seem to work, either.

Edited by Alendhor

Date and time are correct, although I've been having to reenter them every time I boot my computer.  Guessing my CMOS battery has finally given up the ghost. 

Try making sure date and time are right (for now) and restart the computer in case something about the date/time is cached at startup. The date and time should hold through a simple reboot even with a dead battery (I think).  is this a standard cmos computer (silver disk) and do you have any other old computers in the garage with the same type of battery that you can swap in? (frankly it's been so long since I have done this, I am not even sure if computers still use the same type of battery these days). 

Is this a desktop or a laptop? Are you always connecting from home network, not work or school?

this looks like something you already tried, I am just going through old threads still:

Go to Control Panel-> Programs -> Java -> Advanced Tab -> Security-> General-> and click enable online certificate verification. 

Another old thread:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/63172-java-7-update-5-unsigned-certificate-solution/

Go to Start, Run, type "javaws -viewer" and hit enter.

Highlight Wurm and hit the red X to delete it.

Click "Close" in the bottom right.

The Java Control Panel should be open. Click the "Security" tab.

Click "Certificates".

Highlight "OnetooFree AB" and click "Remove".

Close everything and try running Wurm again. 

except maybe it is Code Club now instead of OneTooFree AB

Also check:

- In the Java control panel, advanced settings look for some entries that says CRLs and OCSP and select another option for this entry.

Also, do you happen to use Nortons?

:o:(:o

d'oh...big *FACEPALM*...D'OH!!!

So...umm...*coughs*...hehe...ummm...*hangs head*....it seems I have been a victim of operator headspace.

Looks like I accidentally entered today's date as the 12th...*turns very red*...and even though I did look at the date several times I didn't catch it until after I rebooted.

Thanks for all your suggestions, and sorry to drag you on a wild goose chase.  :(

P.S.  Oh, and yes, it's the thin silver battery.  Pretty sure I've already swapped out all the old one's I have laying around, and the reason I haven't just bought and installed a new one is my desk set up makes it a pain to get into the case.  I know...lazy...

Edited by Alendhor