Sign in to follow this  
Vortexxx

Bank increase

Monthly upkeep increases based on your bank size setting. Allow deeds to pay extra for a bigger bank size. Or just add more slots for premium players?

The current bank is a joke, I know why its limited but another toon holding rares olabd items or even a merchant with items marked extremely high priced to hold rare for decay issues.

There are ways to work around the bank, so why not just add limited items for any extra slots? Or let us have 1 bag inside bank to hold yellow potions and other items such as this.

I don't ge why the bank has not been looked into for Increase unless it's to promote new toona to be made to hold items I dunno.

• Like 2

+1 not very useful as it is right now. I'd like to have bank i could put to use

-1 I'd rather see the bank system be coin only and not store any items

• Like 1

But but but.... He could monetize bank slots in the shop too...among other things

-1 will be abused for pvp and metagaming wise and I still dunno if you're just a troll account or what

• Like 2

Why i keep forgeting that everything in this game is coded for pvp even when the overwhelming majority play pve...

I totally can see that this can be easily abused in a pvp environment , but what about , again , having this kind of features disabled there...

After all so, many things , like libila spells are disabled in pve...

I'd love to buy a few bank slots with money...
Well, what happen with my bank if I cross to chaos you wonder, simple , have it coded so when that happens , only 5 slots are useable.
And again, Simple, you can't make everyone happy, but you can make happy the vast majority that plays in the pve servers.

Is just inventory slots, you can still put a limit, like any other mmo out there sells bank slots.

You cant call bank slots pay to win.

No in a pve game like Wurm.

Edited by topkos

-1 I'd rather see the bank system be coin only and not store any items

• Like 1

+1 to more than 5 bank slots, though I don't think if i'd go out of my way to pay for them.

If it's going to cost me more, I'll just continue using alts.

-1 This is what magic chests are for.

Why buy a large chest at 50s when you can buy a merch contract for 10s, especially when the merchant is able to hold items that the large chest can't?

The only thing that magic chests are good for are seryll lumps and meals.

• Like 1

+1 but im indifferent if they do it or not.

id prefer no decay on deed and no decay in inventory.

its kind of ridiculous that if i go out hunting, my food spoils

before i return home. not to mention lantern decay is stupid.

among other many things.

i gave away my deed just for the sheer mind numbingly boringness

that is maintaining everything in it. why would i pay for something

that i have to slave over?

i wonder how many people have quit over decay mechanics alone.

its one thing if abandoned stuff decays. but decay for things in inv or deed? lol

where is the fun factor in that? #whatchtimers #watchvideos #playwurmafk

• Like 2

Magic chests excist for a reason, however i don't see the harm in adding 5 more slots to PVE (and PVE only!)

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

+1 if the slots are a one time purchase per character (5 slots = 10 silver, max of 45 extra slots (90 silver total)

PvE only

• Like 1

+1 but im indifferent if they do it or not.

id prefer no decay on deed and no decay in inventory.

its kind of ridiculous that if i go out hunting, my food spoils

before i return home. not to mention lantern decay is stupid.

among other many things.

i gave away my deed just for the sheer mind numbingly boringness

that is maintaining everything in it. why would i pay for something

that i have to slave over?

i wonder how many people have quit over decay mechanics alone.

its one thing if abandoned stuff decays. but decay for things in inv or deed? lol

where is the fun factor in that? #whatchtimers #watchvideos #playwurmafk

I would say it's the only thing that keeps a lot of people playing. Without it theres no reason to play if you already have good skills. Decay is your friend.

My village has taken in a lot of newbies in the past and we've noticed that one of the things (there are of course a lot of things, but one of them) that drives semi-casual players away is decay. People play actively for a while and round up useful items but then real life returns, like it always does, and people have to be offline for a couple of weeks. Maybe a month. When they return everything they own has lost a huge chunk of quality, some of it has decayed and they realize that it's easier (more fun) to play another game than to repeat the neverending circle of rounding up items every time they have time to play Wurm. For people who've lived in our village it's an annoyance and they don't really see the point of joining a deed for safety when they have nothing to return to anyway, but for former villagers who left to start their own deeds it's been especially harsh. They bought money at the shop to ensure that their stuff would still be there when they came back and yet when they came back all that was standing was a house and a couple of fences.

All those people who play the game in order to "enjoy" decay could simply live offdeed if they'd miss it all that much if things were made easier on the rest of us. Nothing would force them to secure their crap. Perhaps for people who are hooked on the game already but bored with their ingame activities it can be a turn-on with heavy decay, but it's not an attractive feature for rounding up new players.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

Big +1 ! But maybe for premium players only on PVE and no way I am  going to pay for extra slots LOL I already pay for premium, bigger bank feature can only attract more premiums I think and please give us something better then those silly yellow potions !

Why buy a large chest at 50s when you can buy a merch contract for 10s, especially when the merchant is able to hold items that the large chest can't?

The only thing that magic chests are good for are seryll lumps and meals.

Shhh

let the people be happy buying that...

+1 I would love the abilty to store more things in the bank than having to use multiple characters.

My village has taken in a lot of newbies in the past and we've noticed that one of the things (there are of course a lot of things, but one of them) that drives semi-casual players away is decay. People play actively for a while and round up useful items but then real life returns, like it always does, and people have to be offline for a couple of weeks. Maybe a month. When they return everything they own has lost a huge chunk of quality, some of it has decayed and they realize that it's easier (more fun) to play another game than to repeat the neverending circle of rounding up items every time they have time to play Wurm. For people who've lived in our village it's an annoyance and they don't really see the point of joining a deed for safety when they have nothing to return to anyway, but for former villagers who left to start their own deeds it's been especially harsh. They bought money at the shop to ensure that their stuff would still be there when they came back and yet when they came back all that was standing was a house and a couple of fences.

All those people who play the game in order to "enjoy" decay could simply live offdeed if they'd miss it all that much if things were made easier on the rest of us. Nothing would force them to secure their crap. Perhaps for people who are hooked on the game already but bored with their ingame activities it can be a turn-on with heavy decay, but it's not an attractive feature for rounding up new players.

1. You're right. There's a bit much. I don't like that everyone is almost forced into a villager/mayor type position to prevent decay. Wurm is so natural, that folks should be able to live live in a shack, like a bum, and not suffer too much of it. If they had timers on items, say "if you logged in this often" or "opened your chest once a week minimum" then decay is cut drastically.

2. Decay is needed though, since the decay on everything was upped, the lands cleaned up well, I see the point and I know we need it.

Don't take it away. Just manage it smartly.

Not sure bank slots is the item, that is more of a band-aid on an axe wound. 

I've never understood why banks can't be set so that you can stick a chest in there.  Or a bag... something.  But if you don't want to make a freebe than make it so you can stick small or large magic chest in a bank.  Or only stick small player made chests in there.

5 item limit is just not right, that's not even enough to store my best set of tools or armor.

Paying for 5 more slots?  I would do that and be happy about it, esp if that meant as suggest I could wind up with 30-40 slots in there.

But really, if that bank were simply doubled to 10 slots max, even that much would I think make most of us happy would it not?

Just to play devil's advocate... if we can already store an infinite number of items on non-premium alts, what's the point of a bank limit?

Just to play devil's advocate... if we can already store an infinite number of items on non-premium alts, what's the point of a bank limit?

To prevent PVPers from accessing items in different locations instantly.

For PvE, who knows.