Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

PC in trade

What is with all the price checks in the trade channel? Is there that many people out there that do not know the value on things? I would think that coming here to the forums and searching would be a much better way to find the most accurate pricing of something and If they are trying to use the price check as some way to get people to pm them to buy their item i do not think that is a very good idea either. 

I was excited about the trade chat to start with but it is looking more and more like i will be shutting it off and strictly using the forums like always for my buying and selling. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

agreed, WTB,WTS,WTA and their links are appropriate for trade chat. Price checking can turn something into a discussion and that would destroy the purpose of trade chat. Tbh PC With forum post link is ok but replying on trade chat using "@<name>" is not imo.

• Like 1

Agreed its annoying, I only respond to supreme item pc's now.

Best part is when someone asks PC for item, then they don't want to sell it.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

Well i guess the only way to combat them is to just not answer the price checks and then they will stop asking, lol

Edit: No offence to the new people trying to actually get a price check but using the search here on the forums is a much better way to learn the pricing of things. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Someone should make a "price guide".

Anything can be a matter of opinion, but a general guide should be possible and would be beneficial to anyone needing a Price Check. (Which per the trade channel, is quite a few.)

• Like 4

+1, some ppl are even using it to boost there egos and show stuff off. Super annoying to check a flashing trade to see this kinda stuff.

Edited by Rocklobstar

Agreed its annoying, I only respond to supreme item pc's now.

Best part is when someone asks PC for item, then they don't want to sell it.

• Like 1

I would rather see "make me an offer" over PC any day..at least in trade chat for sure.

example: "wts scale set make me an offer" or "wts scale set pm me with your offers"  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

if you block it on trade people will ask in kingdom.

I sure wish we had an auction house with a searchable history for all transactions completed in the AH.

if you block it on trade people will ask in kingdom.

I sure wish we had an auction house with a searchable history for all transactions completed in the AH.

every game has more PCs in trade than actual trade.  Pretty typical.  It is as intended.  If nothing else, it means less PCs in General :)

Everyone assumes people spend hours and hours on the forums, what's the harm in asking in a channel devoted specifically to trade, items, services etc., seems a very appropriate place to get a fast answer.

I'm still trying to understand why a trade channel was so desperately needed in the first place.

Well that's just it you end up having loads of people asking for PC and then the people answering them so it fills up the channel with them all making it hard to see any actual buy/sale chats.

Most people keep their chat windows small and can only see maybe 3-4 lines at a time so if that is always filled up with PC then it makes it hard to see what people are actually selling. 

Edited by Kegan

The trade chat seems like a perfectly natural place to do a PC to me.

• Like 5

I don't see any issues with people asking for PCs in a trade channel.

• Like 4

*agrees with Chiqa & Hailene*

Price checks are part of Trade and having them in that channel is appropriate. Not that I look at the Trade tab anyway, or even the other chatty Tabs but I would think that having them in Trade helps the others be less cluttered.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

oh come on,now we need yet another trade tab for price checks,come on enough already

• Like 1

Maybe an option to remove all post starting with PC could be set up, like /ignore PC 

Nothing new about PC, or wrong with it, if you don't like seeing the flashy, close trade then.

• Like 1

Tbh PC With forum post link is ok but replying on trade chat using "@<name>" is not imo.

The @<name> feature should only show to the <name> and the issuer. Currently its bugged on x-server messages.

it will be fixed on next update

• Like 4

The trade chat seems like a perfectly natural place to do a PC to me.

Same here. It's the natural place to ask for a PC.

• Like 1

I never see someone ask for a price check, but I sure see a lot of people using "pc blah blah blah" to reply to them... can't you just /tell it and get a general idea in private? Yes you'll get different prices from different people, but that's how a market works.

issue with price guides is... who is the masochist that's going to update it? A dedicated merchant crafter like Vean? HAH! Fox guarding the henhouse.

Market and price-fixing issues aside... Even "stable" prices like dirt at 1s every 1K can fluctuate.

Try watching  RL stock markets. Not to mention collecting "price guides" that are updated every year.

Heh, there's a business plan. Almost as sneaky as dictionary publishers.

• Like 1

Im sure it will go down with time. Right now it's new and exciting give it a few months and the PC i'm sure will go way down.

• Like 1