Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

News #76: Dragon Armour Preview

News%20Header%20(old).jpg?dl=1

Hey all!

It's news time once more! But before we begin... I have to tell you about a little investigation I conducted.

Every week, developers are sent an e-mail asking them if they've got anything to share with players for the week. Normally, almost all devs e-mail back with a week's hard work and things to show off... but for over a month now, certain devs haven't said anything at all! I'm a volunteer not based in the Motala office, so I can't walk over to their computer and look over their shoulder to figure out what they're up to. Are they wasting time with confused verbs and playing Wurm at work instead of developing Wurm at work, or is there something secret going on? I had to talk to a contact on the inside.

The contact couldn't say much, but apprently, a few devs have been working on "something big" for a few weeks now already. We don't know what it is, or why they're working on it... will Code Club AB soon become a political party in Sweden? Or, back in-game, is Wurm finally going to get the rainbow-coloured unicorns it has needed so desperately for years? All we know is that they're busy, and might have some information to share within the next few weeks!

A while ago, we mentioned that we'd focus on bigger features come fall. Well, the leaves are falling; we're now in a bit of a transition phase between a summer of little things and the coming months which will focus on bigger stuff. Keep an eye out for news posts, we'll be elaborating on our next big plans for the game! But don't forget that bugfixing never really ends too, and things like client engine upgrades that we're currently working on (and haven't discussed much) ought to help to improve things further.

The Week In Patch Notes

There were a few small fixes and additions this week, the most notable of which is the new trade chat. The dedicated trade chat window ought to help clear up other channels while also enhancing trade.

07/09/15

• Fighting creatures on another floor level is now blocked inside structures and on bridges due to a blocking glitch which occurred in certain circumstances.
  • The time stamp which was set when dechamping that blocked changing religion was removed.
08/09/15
  • Fix so Rams can breed.
  • Added Trade tab.
  • Added kingdom chat hide/show to profile.
  • Added global kingdom chat hide/show to profile.
  • Added Corpse Loot options to profile.

New Scale and Drake Sets Hit the Catwalk

The new dragon armour variants were recently spotted at an exclusive fashion show on the test server. Although they're already in-game, we haven't shown you what they look like until now - thanks to Saroman for making these pictures for us! The new sets look awesome.

Dragon%20Sets.jpg?dl=1

DeedPlanner

Although it's a community project, we'd like to start featuring more on Warlander's DeedPlanner tool. As far as I know, it's intended that it'll remain as an open-source community project; and development on the tool has recently been ramped up (bridge reference not intended) ahead of the release of the in-game village plan viewer & exporter, and to also add bridges to the tool. Last week, Warlander told me that bridges would take "quite a while" to add to DeedPlanner. Look below, and tell me if you agree that he was lying!

You can find out more about DeedPlanner here.

Planning a bridge:

Bridge.jpg?dl=1

The bridge displayed in the program:

Bridge2.jpg?dl=1

Screenshot of the Week

This week's screenshot comes from Huntar. A perfectly timed rainbow complements the quaint deed in the picture.

Screenshot.jpg?dl=1

That concludes this week's news! It was a little shorter than normal, and future news posts probably will be until we do a bumper issue on the big stuff devs will be working on for the months to come.

• Like 19

We need a full list of all armours on wiki now.

More the info the better. Also the new scale and drake look awesome.

IDK what scale set to aim for because all of them look way frigging better than the red lol. GJ doing that but is there a chance that we can get a increase in drake hide like scale received? Last regular drake had very very low amounts after the update :(.

• Like 1

Wow the black Scale looks super super sexy a nice charcoal black pewter finish..just wow.  The red drake looks nice as well, me wants. Is that to be white scale in bottom right..if so...I have a first born I would like to trade for it please.

• Like 4

/me put on black scale set... still look red... but hell yes, the previews are awesome. The 4 new scale set make the red one look ugly.

tweak it a bit please Saroman ;)

The new armours all look quite nice..  except the .. I'm assuming white scale in bottom right? .. that is by no means white, if I had to put a name to that color it would be Poop.

• Like 1

The new armours all look quite nice..  except the .. I'm assuming white scale in bottom right? .. that is by no means white, if I had to put a name to that color it would be Poop.

White scale looks too grayish brown for me, like a really gray tan

Docterchese,

The nebulosity of the Developers is a well know Rolf effect of dwelling within the same general galaxy as the god of Wurm. When contact becomes too close, minds collide and shatter when encountering this immovable force; hence, any forthcoming information is shifted into the sub-particulate spectrum, where it once again must be reassembled by such PAdditives as yourself. This strain of congealing the liquid sub-atomics into legible thought takes its toll on the PAdds volunteering their logic for disassembly of cognizance, as is evidenced by your recent descendance to this position.

Fear not then that you can not decipher their true intent of things to come but be reassured that as all things pass, that which is self-evident will once again become unknown. So with these passing thoughts I wish to kindly reassure you that whatever grandiose plans have been laid for the future soon to come, when once it does a little more of the mysteries of Wurm will be but a reflection of what once was if it had not been so foretold. By this I mean to say, don't be too concerned about it, as a little about nothing serves all well enough.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Looking sharp... would it be too much trouble to have an option for converting existing red scale to one of the new sets?

Planning a bridge:

Bridge.jpg?dl=1

Just to clarify, this is just materials calculation display - GUI for planning bridges will come much later. :)

Just to clarify, this is just materials calculation display - GUI for planning bridges will come much later. :)

Mmm java code.

New armours look sweet (though that white needs a little bleaching), and deed planner seems to be coming along nicely!

Now, when is Saroman going to add a model for king/chief robes? :)

• Like 1

Trade chat tab

Before: During the couple years I've been playing Wurm, I've never (well maybe once?) advertised my wares on the freedom and global chats because I just didn't have the heart to disrupt people's conversations with my spam. I'm completely serious here! At the same time, I also wasn't too interested in following the conversation or taking part in it due to the spam from others. 

Now: I've been happily advertising my 5-speed horses at reasonable intervals and have not had to feel guilty one bit and thanks to this, have gotten new customers. Also, I've actually started to follow the discussions and take part a little too!

Notification sound for private messages:

Before: I missed noticing around 80% of the PMs I was receiving and this has happened to most of my friends too. It was especially bad for new players. If I were to do a search for the phrase "Sorry I didn't notice" from my logs, it'd probably come up 100 times. In fact this irritated me so much that I even made a suggestion a long long time ago to make the red color blink until opened. Darkfilo responded to the thread said he'd add it to his "to do list", so I'm not sure what the status of that is.

blinking.gif

Now: Now I notice 95% of my PMs and the only times I haven't noticed is if I've got my Wurm sounds off while watching a movie while I do something grindy in Wurm. Or else if I'm AFK and come back to the computer. So although I still feel the blink would be a valuable addition, I'm really super duper zuper happy with the new sound and I think you guys should make it be turned on by default. Most people I know haven't even noticed it's been added there and I had to guide them how to turn it on and were very happy with it afterwards and thankful for me telling them. 

New Armour: 

That black Armour is absolutely gorgeous and has now become one of my long term plans to work towards in this game. Gorgeous!

Upcoming bridges to DeedPlanner

Warlander and those helping you: Thank you thank you thank you thank you. I can hardly wait! And with that, I am sure we will start to see even more amazing creations by the players!

• Like 6

was hoping for a bright clean white set

i would have taken the white from the center torso and put it on the other darker parts you have but keep the inner thigh color and gloves the way they are.

something more like this

cFb3IK6.png

but the others are looking great!

• Like 6

wow you guys keep at it. I cant wait for the many more updates you will bring us! :D

NICE JOB Devs!!! The Drakes and Scale armour looks nice you guys did a nice work there, i wonder if you DEVS can change the design of the actual plate for a better texture for each server or kingdom in Wurm online a diferent design to define us diferent from other kingdoms,the actual plate looks very old textures and we all looks all the same.

Att: Cybrax / Epic Cluster

• Like 1

was hoping for a bright clean white set

i would have taken the white from the center torso and put it on the other darker parts you have but keep the inner thigh color and gloves the way they are.

something more like this

cFb3IK6.png

but the others are looking great!

Same here Aum, but more golden perhaps than Grey/white.

Perhaps?:

46x3D75.jpg

• Like 5