Sign in to follow this  
Juvlar

Player:Oniichan edits

Oniichan is fine with him being edited, I have screens upon request (or you can always ask him).

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Player:Oniichan

Seems his page is a bit outdated. He was bought by Propheteer (who is mentioned there), but it contains troll information "Propheteer is the CEO and Client of The Horde." "His only friend is Fernando."

It is also severely outdated information. He is now Chief of the Roman Empire, owned by Propheteer and a trustworthy player. Could someone rectify all this?

Is there really any reason to keep player pages on the wiki?  Seems like that doesn't really fit with what the team is trying to achieve.

• Like 4

As I'm not part of the wiki team, I'm not going to put words in their mouths; this is my opinion only. 

The changes to the wiki of late have been towards well-structured, verified relevant information.  Having a load of pages about specific players, except in really exceptional circumstances, doesn't seem to add anything - the info would only be relevant to a very small number of players anyway, and it would add a lot of work for the wiki folks to keep it all up to date.  If folks really want public pages with info about themselves, then that's probably not something that belongs on the Wurmpedia, given that the info is not directly related to game mechanics, play or rules.

Hence my opinion that player pages should all be removed from the Wurmpedia; I suspect most of them are pretty out of date, anyway.

I agree that it adds to Wurm culture.
Myself I red up a bit about the early days and about early players and had lots of fun and learnt alot in the process.

Still toon are sold and well this is not a RP game either.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

No, but if you strip away what makes Wurm Wurm you could just go outside, grab a shovel and dig for 5000 hours.

What makes Wurm Wurm is the culture. The interaction. The social, political aspect. Wars can be declared. Entire Kingdoms or Religions created. Evil and Good men can rise to power (as well as people in the grey area), there are blunders and epic battles, civil wars, revolutions, supply and demand crashes, democracies, dictatorships.

Should this not be documented?

I like the idea of keeping player history but don't think the wiki is the place for it.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/34545-wiki-guidelines/

So far we haven't changed any rules as to what can and can't be edited, however the Wurmpedia staff will not edit player or settlement pages on behalf of others. Any edits made without permission will be considered vandalism.

We have no plans at the moment to remove players or settlements from the Wurmpedia, but we are not maintaining them, only caveat is that they're created in the Settlement and Player namespaces.

But only wurmpedia staff can edit pages, so that's a bit of an orobouros.

Not true. Wurmpedia editors may edit the Wurmpedia. They aren't staff.

I really don't see how biography's on players could be kept as part of a wiki, accounts change or information becomes outdated too often or in some cases misinformation is posted, wiki would be better off getting rid of this section all together.

But then what's the point in the 50+ features in Wurm about Wurm History and Culture?