Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Alliance leader options.

As it stands now there is no real options for an Alliance leader to have any control over his alliance. The only options are kick an entire village, disband the alliance, or set the motd.

This is very limited. I have no ability to bring up a menu and see which alliance member is part of which village. I have no event log to check what the other villages are doing(inviting other deeds etc)

I have no ability to stop deeds from adding more deeds to the alliance. currently my alliance has 38 deeds in it and a large number of active players. It is hard to keep track of whats going on without some kind of event log for the alliance.

The things id like to see added are...

1. Ability to control if member deeds in an alliance can invite other deeds into the alliance.(this should be an option under manange politics for an alliance leader)

2. Ability to view all alliance members  (example: "playername"  "member of what deed"  "join date" "last online date"

3. Ability to remove individual people from a deed without kicking their entire village. (would need to be able to view what deed they belonged to. <see point 2>)

While you are changing stuff in permissions please make Alliances more controllable as they are now they are a snowball with alliance leader trying to see which people get rolled up in the snowball and chasing it down a mountain.

Thanks

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 4

I think it is a great idea, in fact, I think it is long long overdue and really needed. The only thing I dont agree with is..

3. Ability to remove individual people from a deed without kicking their entire village. (would need to be able to view what deed they belonged to. <see point 2>)

• Like 2

While I can see it being a nice option to see who is in what village.  I do not think you should have the option as an alliance leader to boot a single person from a deed that does not belong to you.  If you do not like what a village is doing or inviting, then you can kick that deed from the alliance.

I'd like to be able to see upkeep for alliance deeds.  Could be very helpful in many situations. (This should be for all alliance members not just the leader)

Edited by Pashka
  • Like 2

Yeah i can understand not being able to kick individual from a member deed. Could just remove the deed the troublemaker is in. But we need the option to see what deed they are in...

Some option of transferring alliance leadership would also be helpful, especially if the alliance leader has been inactive for a certain period of time.

An option to call a vote for a new leader might be a nice option in this case.  (democratic alliance?)

Some nice ideas here, but as some people already stated I rather not grant the alliance leader to decide on my own villagers. or anything related to my deed management to be honest.

• Like 2

I think some sort of chat moderation, for the alliance channel, should be added as well. We have had a few instances in mine, where some people just need to take a time out.

• Like 2

Some nice ideas here, but as some people already stated I rather not grant the alliance leader to decide on my own villagers. or anything related to my deed management to be honest.

i already removed that line.

• Like 1

Agreed, +1 from me, with the obvious exception of point 3) that the original poster already removed.

But his points 1) and 2) stand and are useful.

I have no ability to stop deeds from adding more deeds to the alliance. currently my alliance has 38 deeds in it and a large number of active players. It is hard to keep track of whats going on without some kind of event log for the alliance.

The things id like to see added are...

1. Ability to control if member deeds in an alliance can invite other deeds into the alliance.(this should be an option under manange politics for an alliance leader)

The option exists, in "Manage roles" - ally role (default role) - Diplomat, you can set if other villages in alliance can invite/break alliance with other deeds; quite limited, because it applies to all or none, but can be applied to individual villages creating a specific role for those you want to be able to invite new villages.

The biggest limitation, though, comes from the very little number of roles available (12? if I remember corect, including default ones - citizens, ally, non-citizens).

• Like 2

The option exists, in "Manage roles" - ally role (default role) - Diplomat, you can set if other villages in alliance can invite/break alliance with other deeds; quite limited, because it applies to all or none, but can be applied to individual villages creating a specific role for those you want to be able to invite new villages.

The biggest limitation, though, comes from the very little number of roles available (12? if I remember corect, including default ones - citizens, ally, non-citizens).

that setting does nothing to stop villages from inviting to alliance. all my settings are off on ally and they can still invite others to join alliance and im the alliance leader. try it out it doesnt work.

Edited by Killroth

That setting should prevent others to invite new villages to your ally. If it doesn't work .. I don't know, all my allies are welcome to invite anyone, never had to test it, but is what is "supposed" to do.

That setting should prevent others to invite new villages to your ally. If it doesn't work .. I don't know, all my allies are welcome to invite anyone, never had to test it, but is what is "supposed" to do.

It doesnt work. that would resolve the first problem if it was fixed but still alliance leader needs more options.

Diplomat allows the CITIZENS to break/form alliances. Mayors can always do this.

shameless bump: do something to make alliance leader options better while changing permissions.

- an event log to see when people invite someone to member deeds etc-

I made another post about this a few weeks ago. better to post here.

Something needs to be done to giving more permissions to alliance leader.

- controlling what deeds can invite other deeds.

- viewing which alliance members belong to which villages and possibly thier role (mayor , etc) 

- an event log that shows when people were invited , villages joined etc.

1 hour ago, Steveleeb said:

to my knowledge, it's also impossible to rename an alliance.

+1

yeah you can change the name of alliance thats one of the few things you can do.

(rename alliance, set motd, kick village) thats it

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2015 at 10:54 AM, Evening said:

This role never worked had it checked off forever. Our alliance is like 25-30 deeds. 

Now i dont even see the option anymore with permission changes. not that it ever worked anyway. 

Diplomat allows the CITIZENS to break/form alliances. Mayors can always do this.

This doesn't have anything to do with alliance settings.  Only deed settings.

15 hours ago, Killroth said:

yeah you can change the name of alliance thats one of the few things you can do.

Then i guess, if the person that formed the alliance leaves the alliance.
you cannot rename the alliance. 
Manage politics only gives me the option to break it or to set the motd
I'm going to have to wait for Hillgrinder to log on so we can reform it.

edit - yeap i was right, we reformed it now i can modify more settings.
If the founder leaves the alliance, control is totally abandoned unless i assume, the leader changes the alliance capital before they leave.

Someone drag this topic back to where it was, my inquiry is concluded. Apologies.

Edited by Steveleeb