Sign in to follow this  
ghosthunter

graphical problem

Moved to "Client Bugs"

Could you provide a screenshot of the issue, Imgur is a good place to upload ill include a link, most of the time people fix this issue by switching to there Nvidia GPU instead of using the on-board Intel one.

http://imgur.com/

Thanks for the screenshot, I was able to replicate your problem on a windows 10 64bit machine using the built in Intel GPU. I then solved my issue by upgrading my graphics driver to the correct 64bit version I found here.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81501/Intel-HD-Graphics-2500-for-3rd-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors

I'm also using a 4000 series intel GPU and those 2500 series drivers work perfectly for me and they are older then the ones you might have now but they do perform better.

I have this same problem after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  It seems to be exacerbated by running two clients simultaneously.  In fact I am not sure it ever happens when running only one client and that may be a clue to the root cause.

When I first noticed the problem (after the upgrade) my Radeon HD 5850 driver version was 15.200.1062.1004, published 8/3/2015.   I definitely had not done any manual driver updates recently (certainly not since 8/3/2015) so I assume that the Windows 10 migration process updated the driver, replacing whichever version had been in place previously.   I don't have any record of which driver version was in place before the upgrade.

When I asked the Windows device manager to update the driver it found and installed *earlier* version 15.200.1055.0.   But that version also exhibits the problem.  The autodetect feature on the AMD website served me AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Win10-64bit, which is an advertising platform disguised as a driver management tool.  It recommended the same version I started (published 8/3/2015) but updated a smattering of other files too.  Now I am back where I started.  So until I get this sorted out I cannot recommend upgrading to Windows 10.

I examined all of the device manager event logs for the 5850 card due to the migration and all of the status codes were 0x0.  I assume nonzero status codes would indicate errors.  So no evidence found yet that anything went wrong with the 7->10 migration.

Edited by Gaffer