Sign in to follow this  
Wulfgarr

Staircases require a built floor before it can be place

Heya, as the title says. You have to have a floor built underneath the tile you want to put a staircase on.  Does not give option for it otherwise.

Edited by Wulfgarr

Quote from Wiki:

"

Planning

You must right-click on a finished Floor with a hammer, mallet, or trowel and select Build staircase with opening above to create a planned staircase."

I think there is already stated in Wiki.

Quote from Wiki:

"

Planning

You must right-click on a finished Floor with a hammer, mallet, or trowel and select Build staircase with opening above to create a planned staircase."

I think there is already stated in Wiki.

Ok, well for me the floor is the tile on the ground. Maybe i just misunderstood.

Maybe it could be reworded in a more precise manner, "a finished house flooring".

Maybe but just me I don't think so. I only say thing because the quote that Evening gave says "finished floor" it then links to the floors page so I think it would just be redundant as is to say "finished house floor". 

If anyone doesn't think so please feel free to comment and persuade me but for now I will leave it unchanged. 

When I rewrote and updated those pages, I purposely linked to the Floor to make the point that it must be a finished floor, as opposed to a ground tile. I'll look at it again, maybe it could use clarification.