Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Add WTA for trade section

Seeing what was done with the Trade tab, it would be pretty awesome if there was one for auctions specifically.

If no auction is going, you could initiate it with WTA.

This could start a 60-second timer where no one else could WTA, but other people could reply with BID ## or perhaps a BUYOUT ## as well.

If a buyout, the auctioneer could chose to STOP the auction and sell to the buyer.

Each bid would reset the 60-second timer.

If no one else bids or if the initiating player types STOP the auction ends.

The actual trade would take place through normal in-game means.

The auctioning player would have a 5 minute timer, allowing others to use the channel as well.

simple and easy

I don't see how adding Auctions into the Trade tab would be as you described above. To post a Trade (item for sale, etc) only involves typing in a line or two, whereas for an Auction the information needs to be a continual flow that is updated by some mechanism. Way beyond "simple and easy".

The Trade tab is a good addition because it helps to keep that type of advertisement (spam) out of the other chat tabs and does qualify as "simple and easy" to type or paste it in. Auctions work fine within that forum section where they should remain and even then some who make those Auctions will just paste in that they are now active within that forum section.

To sum it up, No.

=Ayes=

This is not too good idea in case of trade chat - keeping track on which auction is which if many of them are going at the same time would be very hard.

I dont mean starting a auction within trade chat i mean a WTA option for calriety while posting a link to a fourm auction.