Sign in to follow this  
Aeris

Mailing and pricing breaks the toggle_chat command

It's been like this for a while but there are so many bugs to report and so little time, figured maybe it was a temporary thing due to the recently changed interfaces but it doesn't seem to go away.

Activities affected
- Setting a price on an item via right-clicking -> Set price or

- Sending an item in a mailbox

What happens

- After setting the price on an item or sending it you can no longer push t/enter to type since the toggle_chat bind no longer works

What is supposed to happen

- You're supposed to be able to use your key bound to toggle_chat in order to type in the chatbox

What you have to do since it's broken

- Physically click the chat field with the mouse pointer or

- Relog

How to reproduce

- Set a price on an item via right-clicking -> Set price or

- Send an item in a mailbox

--> Try to push the key bound to toggle_chat

FWIW I was unable to reproduce this, both stable and unstable client, tried the return key and the t key, tried both set price and mailing - the key always did focus the chatbox and toggle typing for me.

I've tried this on various client settings, various versions of Java and on different computers with different hardware and had the same problem on all of them. Using the regular client.

I also tried classic/ironwood, worked fine in both cases. Was any of your setups running linux? That's the only difference I can think of, and I don't have a windows machine to check.

I'm not running Linux but seems weird they'd manage to break something OS specific when Java's used for its OS independent qualities.

• Like 1