Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Gathering technical data on bridges

Like in topic - with the upcoming bridges release for DeedPlanner program, I am gathering as much data about bridges as possible - how to calculate total materials for bridges, what are the max acceptable slopes for all kinds of bridges etc. - any info will be appreciated and will help in development of DeedPlanner. :)

• Like 2

water depth and height of the bridge is very important. extensions are resource intensive. 

If a flat bridge needs support pillars, it must be 80 over water. Found out the hard way...

each house level is 33 slope tall with the floor built and the slope can not exceed 20  

Edited by Kegan

I mostly need info about arched bridges and rope bridges - Wiki almost don't have any informations about them.

Why would we know more than you do? :unsure: All we have are speculations and circumstantial experience, like how we thought for 7 years that Strongwall wasn't supposed to collapse support beams but then it turned out it was.

Edited by Aeris

Well i guess you could pm Tich and ask what you need to know might be faster then waiting on this

• Like 1

Don't know if this will help. The ground tile the bridge ends on has to be 10 dirt above the water. Also if you attach a bridge to a building every wall under it has to be a stone wall. No doors or archways or any wooden walls. All found out the hard way too.

You are a dev, why don't you ask exact formula from colleagues?

You are a dev, why don't you ask exact formula from colleagues?

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/128372-rope-bridge-woes-slopes-sagging/

Bridge calculator gives us a material needs per a section and potential combinations (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/127754-possible-bridge-combinations/). For example, on flat bridges its seems all sections except the supports use the same materials regardless of height. The supports have more materials (called extensions although during construction there is nothing about "extension".) as they get higher.

We could use information about minimum heights above dirt or water for the different bridges. Are there different minimum heights for different bridge sections?

Is it for supports 5 above dirt or 80 above water level, whichever is higher? Is it above actual water or the water level? You can have dirt that is one shovel full above water so you'r actually above dirt. But 5 above that is less then 80 above water level.

Don't know if this will help. The ground tile the bridge ends on has to be 10 dirt above the water. Also if you attach a bridge to a building every wall under it has to be a stone wall. No doors or archways or any wooden walls. All found out the hard way too.

You can have a wooden wall under a wooden bridge. 

I don't think the planning tool should worry about this restriction anyway because you can bash the walls out and put back in whatever you want after the bridge is completed anyway. 

I don't think the planning tool should worry about this restriction anyway because you can bash the walls out and put back in whatever you want after the bridge is completed anyway. 

No. If you try and make a brick bridge to a wooden building the bridge planner won't even let you continue. You have to have the brick wall first. Then you can make the bridge. Then you can bash the walls. Has to be done in order or it says  :P

No. If you try and make a brick bridge to a wooden building the bridge planner won't even let you continue. You have to have the brick wall first. Then you can make the bridge. Then you can bash the walls. Has to be done in order or it says  :P

I am not talking about in-game things i am talking about Warlander's deed planner program.  This post is gathering information so he can add in bridges properly to his deed planner and that is the planning tool i am talking about. 

Edited by Kegan

I am not talking about in-game things i am talking about Warlander's deed planner program.  This post is gathering information so he can add in bridges properly to his deed planner and that is the planning tool i am talking about. 

Ahhhh, Right. Sorry dood.  ;)

Another update in this topic, I will keep all future ones in DP thread:

11940464_759611254161710_919179318875276

• Like 1

Every time I re-size a map all the labels (I've only tired underground) disappear.

Every time I re-size a map all the labels (I've only tired underground) disappear.

Added to buglist.

Omg! Awesome work! :D (from the bridge capital at Colossus Lake, Independence - I have so many bridges by now I lost count.)

The only thing I have noticed about arched bridges is that I was able to build a 6 tile arched stone bridge starting fairly close to water level (I havent counted but I imagine its like 20ish) - where I thought the limit was 5 tile bridges at that elevation.

A arched bridge at 10 above water has a limit of 8 tiles.

Some easy maths but some info. House heights in dirts. 33 + (30 x Additional Floors)

House

Dirts Tall

1st floor

2nd floor

3rd floor

4th floor

5th floor

6th floor

7th floor

8th floor

Edited by Audrel