Sign in to follow this  
Sila

make diging same way as mining

votes for change!  

236 members have voted

1. 1. do you like idea?

Initially a bit skeptical because it would make those situations where you are digging 1 dirt from one corner an dropping it on another corner of the same tile more of a pain but I think the situations where it's more convenient come up with far greater frequency.

So +0.5

Easily solved just make a 'spade' that behaves as Wurm does now, with the 'shovel' behaving as Wurm should have been all along. Shovels are for digging to dirt piles, spades are for detailed terraforming.

Edited by yarnevk

Easily solved just make a 'spade' that behaves as Wurm does now, with the 'shovel' behaving as Wurm should have been all along. Shovels are for digging to dirt piles, spades are for detailed terraforming.

I assume you mean a new item? One problem would be (unless all shovels are converted to spaces now) that some people that like the other way, would now have a supreme / fully enchanted version of a item with a use they didn't originally want.

However, besides that, not a bad idea.

Also... maybe change the wording of actions regarding dropping on ground and making a pile too, since you make a pile with everything when you [drop on ground], except dirt.

I suggest changing it so dropping all things on the ground makes a pile, and a different word such as [raise] alters the ground when you have dirt in your inventory. or some other command that fits with the [level] and [flatten]

bumping original thread because it has hundreds of votes and 2 more clone-threads have been posted within the last 7 days