Sign in to follow this  
Arsenic

Dispute - Community Poll

I would sit stealthed outside the sellers deed untill he makes a mistake and you can archer some of his horses in revenge.

You should've added yet another horse to the deal and pulled at it from both ends and however much of the horse you manage to get a hold of is what you'd go home with. Wishbone fortune horse, biggest pile of intestines win.

• Like 2

A deal was made, no matter how much of a discount and no matter what the add-ons (requested OR offered) so she owes you a horse.

Edited by Raychel

I am also in the camp that both sides share some responsibility. One thing to keep in mind, when you said 

[05:00:19] Mortal> you're tired now, we'll talk about it later.

[05:05:56] Mortal> sleep now, we'll talk tomorrow

it was maybe meant on your side to not really mean anything, but to a person already mildly irrate it might come across as "you are not being rational so lets have this conversation when you ARE rational." At that point you will probably have trashed any hope of a mutual agreement. 

Also even tired, the breeder to me sounded more initially accommodating (offering their own horse and to walk back) until both sides started to dig in their heels. 

Once you start on that stubborn spiral, it is extremely hard to back out of it. For both sides. Either could have backed down but neither thought they were obligated to. 

For both sides, I am not sure if the community drama is worth a horse. But I think which ever party offers a peace branch at this point and takes the loss without making an emotional fuss about it, would be seen as the more mature player. 

My initial reaction as a breeder is, I would have replaced the horse. It is just smart business. You are much more likely in the future to buy more horses and to recommend the breeder to others, potential business which they forever lost now. That's not smart of them. 

But honestly. I also get cranky and stubborn if I am dealing with aggressive people and that can make me a lot more difficult to deal with, than if I am dealing with a more accommodating person. 

If this is up to a community vote, my vote goes to whichever party says "keeping you as a friendly acquaintance  is more important to me than a horse :) so I would like to change my original stance. "

Yes because the pvp servers are so drama free ^_^ we know.

• Like 6

Seller should make it right instead of take the hit to the rep that threads like this will give them.  Anytime you do not think you can do something, you should just say it.  People tend to respect that much more often than an attempt and something being lost.

Think I'll remember that next time in my dealings with Propheteer......

Edited by Pashka

The transaction had already occurred when the horse was killed. Ownership had already transferred to Arsenic. From what I can tell taming and adding saddles where not part of the original deal. Arsenic asked D to do a favor with his horses. Unfortunately, one of them died while doing this favor.

Technically, I don't think D is required to get a new horse. Although, there is a differences between the "right" thing and the technically correct action. The honest and just path would be to replace the horse. The technically correct action would be to not replace it.

I don't get why A didn't take D's horse when she offered it as a replacement.

imo, real culprit here is Wurm.

1. Why can't I change gear while leading a horse. If you can lead it, you can tame it so thier arn't any extra protections from this.

2. Why can't I automatically release a pet (screw pvp).

3. It's dumb how Wurm seems to think its fun to kill our horses.

• Like 4

Of you know nothing about taming it would have be smarter to politely decline. I offer the same that sarcasm did above come to Opelika or hard cove tomorrow for the event and well set you up worth a new pony

I don't think taming was the sellers responsibility, you had paid for them and they were delivered, therefore the horse's were now yours to do with as you pleased.

I think that the seller was going above and beyond the arranged deal possibly because they like to be nice in game and try to make thing go nice and smooth.

But then things go wrong (been here myself, a few times).

A replacement horse would be nice, but i don't think it should be expected as the seller was doing you a favour after the deal was complete.

• Like 3

did nobody check combat logs like how does a neutral horse kill a neutral horse i dont even how

• Like 3

horse was tamed, aggro-ed horse caused tamed horse to attack.

And there could be only one!

Edited by Ascorbic

did nobody check combat logs like how does a neutral horse kill a neutral horse i dont even how

I imagine her horse was tame, she tried to tame the sold horse to put on the saddle and failed, The sold horse attacked her, causing her tamed horse to defend her honor.

• Like 1

I fall on the side of she fulfilled her side of the original agreement, you ask her to tame the horse so the responsibility than transers to you. if I buy a candy bar and than ask the clerk to open it for me and when shes done the chocolate is all melted that's not her fault its mine im not owed a new one.

I fall on the side of she fulfilled her side of the original agreement, you ask her to tame the horse so the responsibility than transers to you. if I buy a candy bar and than ask the clerk to open it for me and when shes done the chocolate is all melted that's not her fault its mine im not owed a new one.

In that example would they have not sold you a melted candy bar? So the product you brought was not how it should have been sold

Or she felt the need to sandwich it in her hand before opening it :)

My question is how did the one horse kill the other? It is a slow process for one to kill another and in that time they could have been separated.

I walked away from the horse when it went aggro and tried to give him his tamed one as a pet, which he refused. While we were having this conversation neither of us realized my horse had been attacking his until it was dead.

I didn't know an aggro horse would change its target to a tamed creature, I thought if I walked away it would go back to being passive.

Edited by DannysGirl

Seller should make it right instead of take the hit to the rep that threads like this will give them.  Anytime you do not think you can do something, you should just say it.  People tend to respect that much more often than an attempt and something being lost.

Think I'll remember that next time in my dealings with Propheteer......

Noted. I agree I should have said my taming skill wasn't high. He didn't ask; and I didn't know an aggro'd animal would attack mobs OTHER than me.

I don't understand why a normally passive creature would attack everything within range rather than just the person attempting to tame it, that should be changed in my opinion.

• Like 1

The person who is selling should do what they can to make the deal right with the buyer. The goodwill that can come from going the extra mile, even at a loss this time, often time turns to a larger profit down the road. In the end we are talking about 50 copper.....that is 50 cents American, half a dollar.....take the loss, do right by your customer. The time spent in this thread could have been used so much more efficient. Heck, even my posting here has caused me to lose more money then a horse is worth. Pick and choose your battles.

Good Luck

• Like 1

I really would not have minded giving away a horse. I give 4 speeders to my new villagers. It was the fact I spent more time than I should have after I was tired and needed to be up for work; then having someone act patronizing and self entitled, that ticked me off and made me think, "You know what, they haven't appreciated any of my effort, I'm done being nice."

I have to kiss ass at work all day why do I want to come home to enjoy a game and do it there too?

As a side note, I have been told 50c for a 5 speed is quite cheap. As I've said, he can come by and pick up another horse and saddle for free, so why is this still an issue?

Believe me, I have no intention of doing what someone asks without questioning it first ever again. Boy have I learned my lesson there!

• Like 1