Sign in to follow this  
Arsenic

Dispute - Community Poll

Final rule is, once you reach a settlement agreement, it's best if the arguments stop and everyone goes home  ^_^  both sides are undoubtedly still extremely frustrated and upset but this is where friends and alliance members can provide a comforting shoulder and ear and let them get out that last bit of upset and irritation. 

If it is done in public, it is just going to get both sides launched right back into a quarrel again, hackles up, and the fight picks up all over again. 

Should probably lock the thread if the case is settled as we all know drama here severely does more harm than good to both people.

I don't know if it's settled, the person never contacted me or responded to the forum to tell me if they were coming to get a horse.

I work a lot so if it's not arranged in advance I probably won't be around, and I'd rather not have someone waiting on my deed for me all day.

Considering this thread is about opinions, here's mine:

At first, D was not obligated to tame the horses*, as it was not part of the original contract BUT, the moment she agreed to do it it became her responsibility again. She could have just said that she cannot tame them and that's that. But the fact of the matter is that D's actions lead to the horse dying, and not Mortals actions. So in my mind there is no doubt that the right thing to do is to replace the horse that died due to D's negligence.

Disclaimer: I do not know D, or M - so it's nothing personal, but a mistake is a mistake, and if you want to be true to your customers you gotta admit and pay for that mistake

*if someone buys horses from us and saddles too, it is not hard to assume that they want the saddles ON the horses they buy (i personally would have asked the guy the second he asked me about the saddles if he wants them on horses) - but depending on each person's interpretation the saddles on horses could have even been part of the original contract, just not explicitly - but that is just me...

Edited by Thorakkanath
  • Like 1

well you need to get refound or another horse for sure... this is how buissiness work... happy buyers happy sellers...

I don't know if it's settled, the person never contacted me or responded to the forum to tell me if they were coming to get a horse.

I work a lot so if it's not arranged in advance I probably won't be around, and I'd rather not have someone waiting on my deed for me all day.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Long story short her horse aggro'd and killed yours, she should replace the horse.

ess6W8Q.gif

Though still wondering about the poll.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

[14:59:16] <ZA> How do you take a screenshot?

[14:59:39] <BO> Alt + F4

[15:13:56] <ZA> you.

[15:14:22] <QQ> now now thats not very nice lanquage

[15:14:40] <ZA> Nor is telling me to close my game.

[15:14:53] <QQ> woulda thought youd have known the oldest trick in the book

[15:14:59] <ZA> I do.

[15:15:11] <QQ> i meant before you fell for it

[15:15:13] <ZA> I didn't do alt f4, but he shouldn't have suggested it

[15:15:17] <ZA> I didn't fall for it.

[15:15:54] <QQ> then why the eff you

[15:16:15] <QQ> screenshot is clearly on your screen at all times next to the logout

[15:16:19] <ZA> Because he TRIED to trick me

[15:16:45] <BO> because he's like 5 y/o and makes his balls feel bigger than his head

[15:17:20] <QQ> you could always ask in CA help chat since thats supposed to be a troll free answer and question area

[15:17:33] <ZA> See, that sort of answer.

[15:18:43] <QQ> people arnt supposed to debate or ask non-game mechanic questions in it but people generally dont give alt+f4 answers

[15:19:13] <ZA> [15:16:45] <BO> because he's like 5 y/o and makes his balls feel bigger than his head

[15:19:24] <QQ> we read it the first time

[15:19:37] <QQ> there wasnt need to relink

[15:19:47] <ZA> That was rude. Both times.

[15:20:10] <QQ> there wouldnt be a second time if you didnt relink it

[15:20:41] <ZA> There was, he said Alt-F4 before

[15:21:03] <QQ> look some people dont like drama

[15:21:17] <ZA> Then those people shouldn't give smartass replies

[15:21:25] <QQ> if you insist on keeping drama alive then your gonna lose the few friends you have

[15:21:35] <QQ> ok then

[15:21:44] <ZA> So what, I should just take insults and shut up?

[15:22:00] <QA> to anyone that doesnt want to hear him anymore please type in /ignore

[15:22:09] <ZA> Wow.

[15:22:11] <ZA> Just... wow.

Replaced the names. Who is right?

[14:59:16] <ZA> How do you take a screenshot?

[14:59:39] <BO> Alt + F4

[15:13:56] <ZA> ###### you.

[15:14:22] <QQ> now now thats not very nice lanquage

[15:14:40] <ZA> Nor is telling me to close my game.

[15:14:53] <QQ> woulda thought youd have known the oldest trick in the book

[15:14:59] <ZA> I do.

[15:15:11] <QQ> i meant before you fell for it

[15:15:13] <ZA> I didn't do alt f4, but he shouldn't have suggested it

[15:15:17] <ZA> I didn't fall for it.

[15:15:54] <QQ> then why the eff you

[15:16:15] <QQ> screenshot is clearly on your screen at all times next to the logout

[15:16:19] <ZA> Because he TRIED to trick me

[15:16:45] <BO> because he's like 5 y/o and makes his balls feel bigger than his head

[15:17:20] <QQ> you could always ask in CA help chat since thats supposed to be a troll free answer and question area

[15:17:33] <ZA> See, that sort of answer.

[15:18:43] <QQ> people arnt supposed to debate or ask non-game mechanic questions in it but people generally dont give alt+f4 answers

[15:19:13] <ZA> [15:16:45] <BO> because he's like 5 y/o and makes his balls feel bigger than his head

[15:19:24] <QQ> we read it the first time

[15:19:37] <QQ> there wasnt need to relink

[15:19:47] <ZA> That was rude. Both times.

[15:20:10] <QQ> there wouldnt be a second time if you didnt relink it

[15:20:41] <ZA> There was, he said Alt-F4 before

[15:21:03] <QQ> look some people dont like drama

[15:21:17] <ZA> Then those people shouldn't give smartass replies

[15:21:25] <QQ> if you insist on keeping drama alive then your gonna lose the few friends you have

[15:21:35] <QQ> ok then

[15:21:44] <ZA> So what, I should just take insults and shut up?

[15:22:00] <QA> to anyone that doesnt want to hear him anymore please type in /ignore

[15:22:09] <ZA> Wow.

[15:22:11] <ZA> Just... wow.

Replaced the names. Who is right?

Lol...

[15:32:59] <ZA> I'm making pretty high QL steel now
[15:33:48] <BO> good for you..here's your cookie now go play
[15:34:08] <ZA> ...

I guess that we all love to keep beating the dead horse..... Bumpity !!!!

Edited by topkos

I paid her upfront.

Here was your mistake. Never pay for anything until you receive the item, especially in Wurm.

=Ayes=

Well three pages of professional forums trolls and otherwise its very simple.

GIVE HIM ANOTHER 5 speed.  Call it a 4-8 day RL making a new horse Mistake.

Dont prepay only pay when the goods are in trade.

Dont tame horses near each other  when one is tame because of that aggro crap I have had it happen as well.

Simple easy business and make sure you post in here that you gave him another horse and all is well.

Rep can make or break a person in wurm it seems.

Well three pages of professional forums trolls and otherwise its very simple.

GIVE HIM ANOTHER 5 speed. Call it a 4-8 day RL making a new horse Mistake.

Dont prepay only pay when the goods are in trade.

Dont tame horses near each other when one is tame because of that aggro crap I have had it happen as well.

Simple easy business and make sure you post in here that you gave him another horse and all is well.

Rep can make or break a person in wurm it seems.

Welcome to the club Puncher !!!!!

I love how people are STILL saying, "GIVE HIM A NEW HORSE."

I've said I would 3 or 4 times now so clearly nobody actually reads past posts, they just want to add their 2 cents and feel included in drama..LOL

For whoever said to issue a refund instead, I agree that would be the easiest course of action considering my limited schedule. I also like the idea of a middle man who does the selling a LOT. To be honest I simply am not a patient person, and I heavily dislike feeling like I need to baby sit people - this is a game, I come here to enjoy myself - not get frustrated and angry.

Customers are not always accommodating which is why many players choose not to become merchants as you need a certain patient disposition to be a good seller. A customer is going to want to get the best deal which usually means they will try to counter down the price and get concessions. It is one reason I don;t sell much, I do not enjoy the process and was thus not really cut out to be a merchant, Sometimes you can find a "middleman", you supply the horses, they find the customers and complete the deal, they get half of the money since they do all the travelling and negotiating. If they cut the price it is from their own profit margin. This makes it an ideal option for a young person with energy who enjoys travelling and enjoys dealing with different types of people. 

I think this is a fabulous idea. I already sell my stuff for cheap so if I upped the price to have someone sell for me, I'd still be making the same amount of money.

Thanks for the suggestion!

If someone would tell me how to send money through the mail to give someone a refund, that would be helpful.

Edited by DannysGirl

Wow this is terrible, the drama never ends. Are there still honest trades in wurm anymore?

If someone would tell me how to send money through the mail to give someone a refund, that would be helpful.

The usual method is, someone sends you a useless item (maybe a flower if they want to be sweet)  for COD for the amount of cash owed, the other person accepts the item and the money goes from their bank to the person who sent the item.

In this case, you would ask Arsenic/Mortal to send some valueless item for the amount (50c + 10c saddle? I forget now). Kindling or wood scraps are also popular as an item to send, I just find flowers to be more "peace olive branchy" :D

However there is still a mail fee for doing it this way, of 10c for the same server and 20c for someone on a different server. I believe it this case it would be better to simply accept the fee as an added cost to yourself  as a way to resolve the matter and put it all to rest. It is more convenient for both parties, and it lessens the chance of any additional arguments starting. 

Otherwise you cannot send money direct.   I am not sure if you can send money with the papyrus letters, those are a little foreign to me. The postage is super cheap (1 to 41 iron) but I do not think you can attach money so they mostly are just a roleplayer's way of sending a text message.

** update: confirmation that papyrus can be used to collect COD, it is more difficult to acquire the papyrus and ink however. Not a lot of players have developed the skill or made pens and ink.  They have to make a press, acquire reeds, make paper, make a pen, butcher an octopus, hope for an ink sac, then make ink.  It's possible they already have a pen lying around with ink (I do at least) that was acquired as a curiosity item but never used. Or they might have a friend with access to one. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Ah I forgot about the add on fee for COD..

Well that sucks.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

You say you are willing to give the replacement horse, but then you said earlier you are never on and very busy, then you say you haven't even reached out to buyer?  Bad business if you ask me.  The horse and money may not seem like much to you but it may be worth alot to the buyer.  Have some common courtesy geez.

Have them send you a papyrus note (needs to be written on) for the amount owed, it is only 1 iron to send.  Once you get it, accept and pay.