Sign in to follow this  
Arsenic

Dispute - Community Poll

Ya but you missed the next sentence, you owe me a 5 speeder.

Who knows if the other horse is 5 speed or not, and they don't say in the chat.

Anyways I wasted too much of my time on this topic already. LOL over a horse wow.

So to me this is obvious,

Dannygirl went for above and beyond she delivered she tamed etc....  When she was simply selling you horses and gear the fact you couldnt tame a horse on your own is not her concern!  The fact you made her jump thru hoops that ended in the death of one of your horses is not her fault...

She doesnt owe you a single cent...  You get what you buy and asking a person to do anything more and then demanding a refund when things go wonky is just plain dumb!

Its also plainly obvious this happened on Freedom, as no one on epic would be that naive to think the seller is going to tame your horse for you etc....

Edited by sulfurblade
  • Like 2

What if the horses are cut in half and each party gets a part.

• Like 1

Mail the replacement horse as a some assembly required item.

• Like 2

Honestly this thread has me completely Intrigued from a totally different point of view!

I am just amazed that people have the opinion that the seller needs to provide yet another horse, when the buyer made seller travel, provide gear, and even tame the things?!?  Seriously???  

The Seller went far beyond the deal.... and yet people still think the seller needs to PONY up another horse!?!?  

Which has me thinking that this is an obvious example of the mentality differences in people and in this case I am interested to see if this is a clear Freedom Vs Epic  difference in opinion as I think it may actually be!

So I ask you if your from Epic

Do you think the Seller went way beyond and does not owe an additional horse?

And all those who think the Seller should give an additional horse are you from Freedom?

***Note I am seriously interested to see if there is a clear cut difference in opinion here? This is not an attempt to create some Freedom Vs Epic war just answer the question for data collection purposes****

• Like 4

OK. To the person who said I offered a replacement, then decided not to, I am very busy and the FIRST exchange already consumed a lot of my time, keeping me awake and making me tired the next day when I had to work. I'm not anxious to do that again.

Also, after the person started this dispute in forums, they have not said anything in response. This morning I PM'd them and told them to send me a random item via mail with a cost of 70c, (for the horse, and the saddle which they should have picked up from the body but whatever, over looking that because I'm sick of this whole ordeal) and the 10c for delivery, which I would accept payment for when I got home from work. They said alright. Got home from work and there's nothing in my mailbox so clearly it's not that huge of a priority. when they send me an item I will issue a refund.

I'm not gonna keep hounding someone to take money; I've done what I could to right the situation. This is getting ridiculous.

Someone please lock this thread I'm quite tired of it.

Update:

[00:01:03] The items are now available and you have been charged 70 copper.

There it's done. All of you trolls can go crawl back under the bridges you came out of now! :P

Just a note. You can use any dye now to write a note. Which makes papyrus sheets a very low cost way to send money.

• Like 2

Honestly this thread has me completely Intrigued from a totally different point of view!

I am just amazed that people have the opinion that the seller needs to provide yet another horse, when the buyer made seller travel, provide gear, and even tame the things?!?  Seriously???  

The Seller went far beyond the deal.... and yet people still think the seller needs to PONY up another horse!?!?  

Which has me thinking that this is an obvious example of the mentality differences in people and in this case I am interested to see if this is a clear Freedom Vs Epic  difference in opinion as I think it may actually be!

So I ask you if your from Epic

Do you think the Seller went way beyond and does not owe an additional horse?

And all those who think the Seller should give an additional horse are you from Freedom?

***Note I am seriously interested to see if there is a clear cut difference in opinion here? This is not an attempt to create some Freedom Vs Epic war just answer the question for data collection purposes****

I'm usually living on Epic, and here is what I said in chat this evening when I was playing on Xanadu:

[19:13:50] <Jadegeier> but s/he didn't make a mistake at selling it...it was sold and so the new owner is responsible for it, just my 2 cents ;)

[19:15:58] <Jadegeier> jesus... it was only a horse... lol

I truely believe this is only a freedom thing, I see such stories every time I'm on Xanadu, most of the time I have a good laugh. ;)

And honestly, Dannygirl said she offers her own horse and walks back, this was refused by the buyer, there is/was no need to offer more as replacement after that. But yeah, just for the record and the upcoming study of dead horses, will go back to my bridge now. :P

• Like 2

She is KOS on my deed, so I wouldn't have trusted her for a business transaction to begin with.

To the person who led me through this ridiculously difficult transaction; you may come to my deed the Rim of Heaven (G25) and I will give you ANOTHER horse and saddle. I am availble 10 PM - 1 AM US Western time. (And to be clear, I am not offering to tame this one, even if asked.)

Its great its been resolved with the best outcome I could have imagined.

Since the original incident is not really anyones fault, just series of things happened in bad favor for both parties.

From the chat log I got the impression that the whole whole deal had tested some patience... I did not really check the time between events, but assuming seller was already stretching their online time to finish the "delivery"(pickup) which then stretched even more by the taming thing, which stretched even more by messy things hitting the fan, which stretched even more by argument... Would I have been there, I would probably considered quitting the whole salesman thing just so I would never need to go trough such an ordeal again. (now that I think of it, this is how it went for me... I no longer do any "direct" business like this.)

So yeah I would also done this; Offer new horse, with extra compensation. But only provided at my location to be picked up. Share the past misfortune and both parties do an extra mile to finish it.

Well done Dannysgirl.

• Like 5

[04:52:22] Dannysgirl> [02:52:28] Mortal does not accept pets now. He needs to type /invitations in a chat window.

[04:52:28] Dannysgirl> I can just give it to you

[04:53:00] Mortal> hmm I'd rather not do that

For the most part this could of been avoided, by typing a simple command and accepting it, which would have been easier then making danny take the time to tame the horse. She was just about giving you one of the 5 speeds for free seeing they where 80c a piece you paid 50c a piece saving 60c, i wouldnt complain honestly and instead just go about your normal life instead of ruining someones reputation over a hunch.

• Like 1

She is KOS on my deed, so I wouldn't have trusted her for a business transaction to begin with.

The number of players are KOS on your deed speaks far more about you than it does about a player like Dannysgirl.

she is my friend and welcomed at any time.  Offered to breed my nags with her 5 speed for the ridiculously high price of nothing.   Close this