Sign in to follow this  
Soleil

What's the average fighting skill on chaos?

Does everybody have 80 or 90+?

Do I stand a chance at 70, to actually fight and not die ALL the time?

How high should my digging and mining be? (and any other skill that is important)

Average means little. One group of around 20 people having 90-100 fight skill with 70+ strenght and body control, and everyone else slightly over 70 fight skill and 30-50 strenght and body control.

You will be killed in 3 hits by the old accounts, but you can add to the pack. 6 normal accounts could probably kill one of the old accounts.

Edited by Theshrike
  • Like 1

You know what, none of that matters. Join a kingdom, enjoy yourself, get into group pvp and contribute. 70-80-90 fs isnt important. 

• Like 12

70+ is mandatory, any higher and you won't notice unless you are in a small scale skirmish where individual accounts and ability really need to shine in order to win.

i'd say  90 shieldskill and a good sense of your surroundings will take you much further

Edited by Propheteer

Chaos is SOOOOOO much more than just PvP. No matter if you are JK, MR, HotS, Freedomer or any other faction or group you are part of a unique community. Players on Chaos are like being in one massive family. You go to Chaos for the risk and excitement, you stay on Chaos for the unique environment that it provides. There are times your heart will be pounding, your finger twitching and you eyes jumping all over your screen; there will also be times you are bored and just grinding out skills. No matter what though you will always have something to do, somewhere to go, and a certain excitement that you cannot get anywhere else except Chaos. 

I say if you are even slightly curious about it start reviewing the recruitment boards and looking at the different Chaos kingdoms. Find the one that suits you and then apply for membership. I would not advise exploring Chaos without first joining a kingdom though.

• Like 3

I take it there is rarely a 1v1 battle taking place?

It's very uncommon after the implementation of horses (hellhorses mainly), karma teleportation, and boats.

The game has a lot of strategy involved once you understand how your account works and what you hope to accomplish.

For instance, on Epic, my main has 99.999985 FS, 94.86 LMS, and 80 across the board in weapons. However, I do not have shield of the gone, nor are my stats absurd. The people I play against know this and thus i was a common target as while i was difficult to hit because of that, they knew i dropped fast. It made me a prime candidate for baiting other players out and making people act stupid as they saw me as a easy kill compared to the rest of the group, which netted us kills until they realized what I usually did.

There are many other examples of using your account to your advantage like this, like SOTG players intentionally walking around with low HP, or being ballsy to secure a boat or gate.

As long as someone is 70/70/70 they can participate in this manner, but the spergo skills usually only apply to 1v1s or sub 5v5s where the first rarely happens, and others usually tend to happen at gatehops or boats where a good leader or boat commander can make all the difference in the world.

If you or the OP want, here are some examples of how different style accounts fare in PvP

Kix (Chaos), Post Dechamp featuring Flocka. (Piloted by a pretty skilled individual in this video, but he was more focused on leading the group i believe.)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xaag5f-Suu8

Gianna (Epic) SOTG, Higher end in stats (Also piloted by a pretty skilled individual.)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIN0Njk2O-Q

Maybe you can note the difference in how they play.

btw come to epic and join rome

Edited by Propheteer

PvP is mainly to do with experience and knowledge of what to do in various scenarios. Regardless of what you FS is (Though 70FS is pretty much a must to PvP on Chaos) you should expect to die afew times as you learn the ropes. Also find a group of players that you get along with and have similar attitudes and goals. In group fights your individual FS is a tiny factor, the primary one being how well you all work together. If you lack high FS and SoTG you should always try to avoid 1v1 fights and carefully measure up your opponents in small skirmishes. 

Most important try and enjoy yourself and don't take it too seriously. 

• Like 2

in terms of stats, FS is one of the least important once it's at 70 - shield skill and body stats will do much more for you at that point on top of priest and med path bonuses

sadly shield of the gone is becoming more and more of a requirement because it doubles literally everything you have (see above: "If you lack high FS and SoTG you should always try to avoid 1v1 fights and carefully measure up your opponents in small skirmishes.")

in group fights, accounts matter less and teamwork matters more, although accounts do still matter just not as much

I've got 99.99fs.

I killed my alt like 5 times to get to 90 when 90 was the meta. The rest is killing people in PvP. Skills ingame isn't everything, it's the people you're with and how you play as a group.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1

i got 99.994 and 99.999 on 2 different accounts :> ((no alts killed)on epic)

Edited by Nahjo

to answer your question directly - i'd say that in chaos, 10-15% of people own an account that has 80+FS.  probably 5% 90+.

also, in chaos, i'd say only 50% actively PVP (maybe even less honestly) - and when i say actively pvp i mean either engage in, or go out and look for pvp, at least once a month.  out of the "active pvp'ers" i'd say that 10-20% have <70fs, 60% 70-80, 20% 70-80 and 10% 90-100.

these are just shot in the dark guesses so someone feel free to state a different opinion.

that being said, 2 important topics:

1) 70fs and 40 body used by a player with situational awareness and playing smart, will kill more players and die less than a 90fs and 70 body that doesnt use common sense.

2) stand toe to toe, yes, the 90fs will basically win 99.9% of the time unless you get crazy RNG, but it's ridiculously infrequent that you're in a 1v1 fight.  in fact, the only situation i see people in 1v1s is when someone didnt use common sense and in those cases its usually 3v1, as someone will kill your horse and then wait for backup, so whether you have 99fs or not you're going to lose anyway.

ALL THAT BEING SAID, FS doesnt matter on chaos.  LOTS of people enjoy building deeds and crafting and never even see an enemy player in local.  Now, the rest of this paragraph is speaking for MR only, though i'm sure other kingdoms do it as well.  Even if you have low FS and want to pvp, you're going to be given 90+coc weapons, 80ql plate/shields (save 90ql for pvp not hunting), and a 5 speed horse (or hell horse if you have the taming) to go get those skills up.  the Chaos kingdoms are like one big family, everyone gives and everyone gets.  on top of that, with the huge influx of freedom players we've had over the years, not only are you learning from people that have been on chaos for a decade, but you're learning from people who made the same switch as you from pve to chaos.

Edited by Naio

Got to Chaos with 70fs. Everyone told me to hole up in a deed and grind out archery, weapon and shield skill before I'd be useful. And they were right.

Body means so much, too. An account with 30-ish body hitting one with 50 is like smacking a brick wall with a noodle.

But as has been said above, it just takes time to learn what you're doing, no fear of dying a few (or many) times, and someone to supply the gear you lose.

A big chunk of new people I see coming to chaos/epic always have this pre-thought idea of how the server works and everything.

Usually it involves "haha i'm gonna get slain at every fight l00l" or something demeaning or them thinking of themselves as generally not good.

In reality well, you just don't die often, pay attention to what your kingdom mates tell you and you'll do great, every kingdom is around pretty much because they're experienced and filled with experienced people to help you.

• Like 2

It's very uncommon after the implementation of horses (hellhorses mainly), karma teleportation, and boats.

Heh, True 1v1s were uncommon even before those features.

Was far more common, especially in old BL, to use them to lure suckers out.

Sad how often it worked. Almost as bad as the can-I-borrow-a-bite-to-eat? trap.

Far as the OP goes... As already mentioned don't worry about fight, weapon, or shield skills. Much of that you can develop after hooking up with a crew that works for you, and learn from them.

Edited by Klaa

Body means so much, too. An account with 30-ish body hitting one with 50 is like smacking a brick wall with a noodle.

• Like 1

It's body strength not body that does damage reduction, but the difference between 30 and 50 is like 20% additional reduction, hardly smacking a brick wall with a noodle

If you use a longsword in normal on a player with 50 body strength and scale/glimmer helm yeah you're probably going to hit weak because you have a weak offensive setup vs a strong defensive setup

On Epic when I first started grinding an alt he had under 30 body strength and 61 shield skill, used an axe and aggressive.  For curiousity, sparred someone with ~50 body strength using a longsword in normal maybe 70 or 80 shield skill, and funny enough my alt was able to just simply outdamage him and won the spar in like 6-7 hits.  Yeah spars are crap to judge on, but spars don't change the damage you do

For the most part, as long as you have enough skill in the required pvp skills that they do their job, anything more is a bonus but overrated.  The most important skill to have is experience that tells you what to do and teammates/friends to play with that know what to do as well

your hp pool is strength + stamina + control (which is the reason people think that its just strength.)

can verify it on test by getting someone to give you 20 strength, 20 stamina, 20 control, fighting someone, then try 20 strength 80 stamina 20 control, and you will see a very large difference, can also try with 80 str, 80 control too.

the last hits in spars also completely ignore any form of damage reduction through your stats, armor, or meditation/champ level, which is why often times people are just beaten from 60% to loss.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

can verify it on test

It was and body strength was the only thing that seemed to change anything :)

And I don't get the relevance of the last hit of a spar, there are many hits before that which is what you can base your hit strengths on...

• Like 1