Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

News #75: Village Planner Progress

News%20Header%20(old).jpg?dl=1

Hey all!

This week we've got more encouraging progress updates on the in-game Village Plan Viewer tool, which will allow you to both view a plan of your deed from in-game and export a plan to the 3rd party DeedPlanner program. Other than that, most of this week's other work was either behind the scenes again or stuff you've already seen, like the new dragons that went live on Monday. Rawr!

The Week in Patch Notes

The most significant patch this week was the implementation of the new types of dragon and hatchling. We also increased the loot dropped by them and implemented a 'pool' system to try and make scale/drake piece distribution fairer. We may tweak unique drops further at a later date depending on feedback - keep it coming!

31/8/15
  • Fix for some creatures not moving in to attack properly
  • Fixed an issue where some merchant contracts could not be moved between servers

2/9/15
  • Dragon scale and hide loot amounts were increased on non-pvp servers.
  • There is now a pool for distributing dragon scale and hide pieces reserved for the more enabled characters with higher fight skill or characteristics and priests. Other players will still receive from the smaller pool and all players will receive blood as usual.
  • Unique meat is now protected from butchering.
  • Uniques should now bash mine doors more properly (was a bug).
  • A bug with Mine Door permissions remaining after destruction was fixed.

3/9/15
  • More work on tower guards to make them more responsive towards conquering.
  • Miscommunication led to Chaos being excluded from the increased loot yesterday. Fixed.

Village Plan View

More work has gone towards the new village planning view this week, and barely an hour ago at the time of posting, Warlander successfully exported a deed to the 3rd party DeedPlanner program - which now includes details like buildings and fences! The only thing missing now is bridges, which aren't currently a feature in DeedPlanner anyway so can't be exported to. Bridges may not make it to the release version of the plan viewer, since it'd require quite a bit of work to DeedPlanner first to even make them viewable in a useful way in an export.

Spot%20The%20Difference.jpg?dl=1
Spot the difference?

In addition, more work has gone into the in-game viewer from Tich, like an overlay to show which tiles are underwater and a tooltip on mouseover to show what each type of tile is.

Village%20plan.jpg?dl=1

Permissions

Tich also continued to work on the new permissions system this week. Below are examples of the proposed new building and deed permissions screens, and you can click here to give feedback on her proposed improvements to the deed permissions system.

Building%20Permissions.jpg?dl=1

Deed%20Permissions.jpg?dl=1

Tich sure wasn't lying when she said she wanted to "completely overhaul the game's entire permissions system" a few months ago... keep up the good work!

Bandage Display

Lastly for dev news is a small change to the way that wounds will be displayed. Bandaged wounds will be shown last! Which ought to help in stressful situations when you have to heal after you get attacked by that pesky aged troll.

Bandages.jpg?dl=1

Screeenshot of the Week

This week's screenshot was taken by Keenan, of a little project by Jakerivers, Whiterose and Rodney at Azkaban on Chaos. Apparently, "build a bridge between your two houses and put a pub on it" was a joke at first, but then they made it into reality! It's certainly the most... alcoholic example of what you can do with bridges we've seen!

Screenshot.jpg?dl=1

That concludes this week's news. Are you looking forward to the village planner? I am!

• Like 16

Difference? the lake on the bottom left? Or the missing bridges and altar :P Oh and the tiles are pulled back one in the little bays for ships

Edited by Nicrolis

loving the permissions.

How come things like attahc and remove locks are highlighted in blue while tere have been many issues in the past with "destroying" and those options are not highlighted (in red?) (fences and items)

Edited by whykillme

Difference? the lake on the bottom left? Or the missing bridges and altar :P Oh and the tiles are pulled back one in the little bays for ships

• Like 1

Deed export don't export any tiles other than deed tiles, so if something is off deed it cannot be exported. Objects are not exported at all, but I will probably add export option for them later.

By the way, I realized that DeedPlanner trees are REALLY tiny. Need to figure out the proper scale for sure. :D

Edited by Nicrolis

The scale on dirt height vs buildings is off too:

5FsTxQY.jpg

The 2d overlay Tich is doing looks interesting. Looks like it's just showing tile types but is reminiscent of WPlanner. I really like the 2d maps from it, imo they are much easier to read than Deed Planner and you could take a screen shot of the whole thing, even the off screen parts and make a giant image of it easily.

Hopefully the exported data will also be useful to allow anyone to build off of it. I'm a little worried it's going to be specifically for Deed Planner.

It's all looking really good though.

The scale on dirt height vs buildings is off too:

5FsTxQY.jpg

The 2d overlay Tich is doing looks interesting. Looks like it's just showing tile types but is reminiscent of WPlanner. I really like the 2d maps from it, imo they are much easier to read than Deed Planner and you could take a screen shot of the whole thing, even the off screen parts and make a giant image of it easily.

Hopefully the exported data will also be useful to allow anyone to build off of it. I'm a little worried it's going to be specifically for Deed Planner.

It's all looking really good though.

I will add universal exporter as well, after everything will be finished I will put some work into DeedPlanner for sure. :)

• Like 1

Wait, we have a pub in azkaban?

no one told me....

The Azkaban Tavern, but it is Age of Majority only, sorry.

:0

Fun being famous for a minute, very cool to have something I made end up in the news!

Thanks

Oh, if anyone was wondering what the front of the 3 apartments look like, it is in the spoiler.

StaVDE6.jpg

The troll used to be head of the Azkaban Complaints Department.

• Like 1

Nice update guys! And as for this screenshot...

Screenshot.jpg?dl=1

Love it love it love it! That's the most bar looking bar I've seen in Wurm so far. There's just one thing missing: People! Wouldn't it be amazing to have players actually sitting on those barstools and being served by a bartender (which could be say a merchant stocked with alcoholic drinks). 

• Like 3

Nice update guys! And as for this screenshot...

Screenshot.jpg?dl=1

Love it love it love it! That's the most bar looking bar I've seen in Wurm so far. There's just one thing missing: People! Wouldn't it be amazing to have players actually sitting on those barstools and being served by a bartender (which could be say a merchant stocked with alcoholic drinks).

We already have sitting animation, so I would personally really like to see another uses for them. Maybe chairs could be just treated as immovable vehicles (hint for server devs :D)?

• Like 1

Tich we also need part 7 permisions for merchants and option to menage and control them crossborders. also to change owner of merchant without meeting.

Nice update keep up the good work cant wait to see whats next!  :D

[11:10:01] Merchant_Bar winch has arrived.

PCWdBm4.jpg

Whiterose enjoying some wine

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

We planned that in our inn but foid decats in a merchant...

Whoa, are those actual stairs? I skimmed few a bunch of updates and completely missed that.