Sign in to follow this  
Unknown

Castle design competition

Prize money offered for the best castle design that gets posted here, 10s for the winner (or 15 AUD via Paypal) *****6s has been won by Devily 4s remaining in the prize pool*****, you may use any method to convey your design so long as it is easy to see how to build it, or the image is supported with a floor plan. There are a few good programs you could use to create a design such as deed planner which can be found here.

Deed layout

The remaining 4s can be won by designing a palace building on the packed dirt tiles, loaded from pastebin address http://pastebin.com/bUSbWuPm

The palace building should be visible from outside the castle walls, it should be complex (externally) and beautiful (externally).

You may use slate floor's hovering in the air to indicate bridges if you choose to use them in the design

Winners:

Devily - Walls and garden area - 6s

Castle_comp_winner_1_from_farm.png

Castle_comp_winner_1_from_air.png

WINNER NOT YET SELECTED - palace design - 4s

Edited by Unknown
  • Like 5

This is a cool enough idea to go to the main TOWN SQUARE forum

(since some people never check MARKET)

But only if entries include a screenshot (from inside DEEDPLANNER, or artist concept art, or whatever)

I think community-wide generated contests with lavish prizes qualify for upgrading to the main subforums :P

This is one people will follow even if they have no particular interest in whether you hire someone to act as architect. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

weird place for the token 0_o

The castle land is raised 280 above the rest of the deed, the rest is mostly farm land and a few slum houses to make it look like pesent farmland below with the castle shadowing it all, whole deed is 67x67

This is a cool enough idea to go to the main TOWN SQUARE forum

(since some people never check MARKET)

But only if entries include a screenshot (from inside DEEDPLANNER, or artist concept art, or whatever)

I think community-wide generated contests with lavish prizes qualify for upgrading to the main subforums :P

This is one people will follow even if they have no particular interest in whether you hire someone to act as architect. 

Thanks, I've never posted in Town Square I only ever look in buy/sell/auction haha, I will make a link over there to bring people here I guess, yes I 100% want screenshots from deed planner, artists impression is going above and beyond but more than welcome, I want to build the design I choose as the winner so I want people to get me excited haha, if they are pictures from a current castle already built I'll probably not pick it, has to be unique and new

Ask Emoo if just posting the ship garage MASSIVE CAVERN under Kratos qualifies. Its freak'in HUGE... client cant even render the far end.

Yeah, that video and Kratos is impressive, but it's not sexy haha, I'm looking for the PvE version of what they got going on there, I will get a few screen shots of a little cottage a friend made that's along the right line and post them up soon

I did this with my deed a deed plan. But i stopped after a week of planning since its to massive to put it in deed planner. But goodluck!

This is actually something I might do.  I've actually designed a few deed layouts for players before and was paid for it.  Needless to say I enjoy Deedplanner, so if I find myself with the time I might put something together for you to check out. :)

• Like 1

Sadly yes... pvp fortresses tend to put a premium on function over aesthetic :unsure:

• Like 1

1:1 recreation of this area on screenshot (including heights), for those who don't want to shape this terrain from scratch: http://pastebin.com/exU2dzNX

Edit: More accurate deed plan in OP, please don't use my one.

Okay, i got bored a bid.

I made this: http://pastebin.com/Kmwx4PDX

This has nothing that meets the Requirements though :P But it might inspire others ;)

Credits for landscape to Warlander Thanks mate saved me the bored part :P haha

Edited by Devily

Okay, i got bored a bid.

I made this: http://pastebin.com/Kmwx4PDX

This has nothing that meets the Requirements though :P But it might inspire others ;)

Credits for landscape to Warlander Thanks mate saved me the bored part :P haha

Thanks for the first entry :P even though it didn't meet most of my guidelines I found myself liking it alot and it definately inspired me into liking something that wasn't even in my head to like (refering to the long house walls around the plateau) haha, only comments I would make to improve on the design, if you wished to, would be firstly to remove the oak trees, I did so and it felt more open and light, I Liked the double thick long houses boardering the plateau and the entrance long house which definately gave it a castle feel .. maybe that house in the centre with the gardens could be made into more of a palace, the centerpiece to the castle making it unique? .. still don't have the pictures of my friends deed I am in Exo slaying dragons ATM but a slightly larger house than his with a similar style would really make this a podium finish entry in my books .. thank you for taking the time to enter a design :P I hope you don't mind my critiquing of your design, it's aimed at helping yourself (and others) come up with the winning design :P

Thanks for the first entry :P even though it didn't meet most of my guidelines I found myself liking it alot and it definately inspired me into liking something that wasn't even in my head to like (refering to the long house walls around the plateau) haha, only comments I would make to improve on the design, if you wished to, would be firstly to remove the oak trees, I did so and it felt more open and light, I Liked the double thick long houses boardering the plateau and the entrance long house which definately gave it a castle feel .. maybe that house in the centre with the gardens could be made into more of a palace, the centerpiece to the castle making it unique? .. still don't have the pictures of my friends deed I am in Exo slaying dragons ATM but a slightly larger house than his with a similar style would really make this a podium finish entry in my books .. thank you for taking the time to enter a design :P I hope you don't mind my critiquing of your design, it's aimed at helping yourself (and others) come up with the winning design :P

I just spend 10 minutes on it :P If i would take my time you would see something like my own castle ( Wich im not sharing the deed planner sorry since i dont like complete copy's) 

I can do better just wanted to let people see what you can do in easy amount of time :) If people really want a cool design i can make one but i just dont want to spend time on something that is useless to me haha.

Goodluck though :)

What! We have no young ambitious architects with a legendary eye for design?

actually you do  im here now how long do we have for this challenge  need time for prep and use for new items that have been implemented into the game i have been away for a while

Not really a submission but feel free to use this for inspiration if you so choose.

Waterdeep Castle on Pristine: http://pastebin.com/D9zCtwHA

It's just a rough layout which we modified but it may inspire some thoughts for improvement/enhancement.

South side:

7yU8SM6.jpg

South side further away:

Iict1sK.jpg

West side:

XMHXe52.jpg

Building structure:

ULrFhXN.jpg?1

Link to original post:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/90000-waterdeep-a-work-in-progress/

Edited by Tuanta
  • Like 2

actually you do  im here now how long do we have for this challenge  need time for prep and use for new items that have been implemented into the game i have been away for a while

No real time limit on this, if I see one I'm wrapped with I'll give people a 2 day warning or so, or if the thread slows down to a halt and there are none I'm happy with I'll pick a winner to take the coin and probably improve on it to make it something I am happy with .. but I have no eye for this kind of stuff .. the original castle design I made to go there is a 8x8 box 15 stories high lol

Had meant to build this myself originally (hiring some ultra-stoner...uh mason... for the upper floors) but, if you wanna toy with the design, have fun =D

http://pastebin.com/uTPapJWj

*edit*  not an ENTRY, so if anyone actually in the contest wants to modify it for their submission, go for it.

Edited by Mordraug

Devily I tweaked your plan a little and came up with this

http://pastebin.com/bUSbWuPm

Castle_comp_winner_1_from_air.png

Castle_comp_winner_1_from_farm.png

It's just what I want as an exterior look you've won 6s of the 10s prize pool congratulations :P

As it was missing a suitable palace the remaining 4s is still up for grabs to anyone who can fill in the blank patch with a suitable building (packed dirt tiles) .. the palace I'm looking for will be visible from outside the castle walls, complex (externally) and beautiful (externally)

• Like 2

Hey there Unk, We finally have a design for the palace for you to look at. If you like the overall design, we can talk more about decorating (Deed Planner didn't have alot of the objects needed to decorate properly, so we substituted)

http://pastebin.com/Z8S1B7Un

Let us know what you think.

Not really a submission but feel free to use this for inspiration if you so choose.

Waterdeep Castle on Pristine: http://pastebin.com/D9zCtwHA

It's just a rough layout which we modified but it may inspire some thoughts for improvement/enhancement.

South side:

7yU8SM6.jpg

South side further away:

Iict1sK.jpg

West side:

XMHXe52.jpg

Building structure:

ULrFhXN.jpg?1

Link to original post:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/90000-waterdeep-a-work-in-progress/

Really good!

• Like 1

That is very sexy :P ... if only I still had my island deed I might do something similar