Sign in to follow this  
Neville

[NOW OPEN] Maes Knoll Canal Project @ H17-G17

MAES KNOLL CANAL IS NOW OPEN TO ROWBOATS, SAILBOATS AND KNARRS ALLOWING PASSAGE TO THE NORTH-EAST!!!!

This project will connect the lake at H17 to the lake at G17 through a small lake in the middle to allow quick passage to the north ocean. We just need people who are willing and able to help us with this massive project.

- Qdlaty made part of a cave canal from his deed as a starting point

- There are four (4) veins in the first part from our lake to small lake in the middle

- The second part from the small lake in the middle to northeast lake still needs to be mined

- The entrance is open for walking just need to prepare floors and openings

- It's five (5) tiles wide so easy for any boat

- Just need to leave the opening for the end so we can make it the proper way for big boats

- We would just like to be able to sail with bigger boats then Knarr through it

- Entrance is opened from both sides, from iron lake and small lake

- Inside are forges and BSBs

- Boats can be parked at Qdlaty's deed called Maes Knoll or at the entrance to the tunnel (small ramp for loading/unloading)

- We plan to update this thread with some pictures of what is done so far (stay tuned)

- Qdlaty will cover beams for the tunnel as he has 1k beams and meals

That's it in a nutshell. Please reply to this post if you're interested as this will be the communication hub for this project.

Edited by Neville
  • Like 2

Hi guys, locations of entrances on the map

Please remember both parts are diagonal, so it's advised to have a lantern and do not sleep during sailing :)

H7BQ2Fa.jpg

Edited by Qdlaty

is there a canal that links to the ocean at the north of that lake?

See Qdlaty's post below. The lakes directly north of our lake also connect to the ocean. However, making a tunnel to F14 would be a bigger project than to G17. Furthermore, it can be a problem as there are many deeds there at Vrock lake. Finally, this project is already started and part of the work is already done.

Edited by Neville

Been looking at the entrance with neville from Iron Lake. Its a good start! Looking forward for this project.

Opened 1st part from Iron Lake,

Me and Devily in progress and his knarr inside:)

a24Buaa.jpg

Edited by Qdlaty

All veins in 1st part removed, working on floors and 2nd opening :)

End of this week we will start on 2nd part, so if anyone is interested in help then contact me or Neville please :)

and some new picture :)

SkLnuSK.jpg

Edited by Qdlaty

The first part is already open, other finishing works will continue on a constant basis, please remember the tunnel is not in a straight line.

Due to the current and old mines and deeds, and because of the mountainous terrain it was not possible to lead this part of the tunnel in a straight line.

Straight section from Selkie Lake is 70 tiles long, after that the tunnel turning left, this section has a length of 22 tiles, the final part again turns to the left and has a length of 8 tiles finishing with opening on the Sacred Lake, total length of tunnel is 100 tiles. Tunnel in its entirety is deep at 25, both openings are a little deeper from outside, so there should be no problems with larger ships, knarr and corbita passes freely on both sides. A whole tunnel is 5 tiles wide, part straight from the Selkie Lake is mostly 3 tiles wide and deep at 25, the rest of the tunnel is deep at 25 over the entire width.

The remaining minor finishing work at the opening from the Sacred Lake and broaden the straight section of Selkie lake will be made in the future, and all the works blocking the free movement of ships will be announced before I start, so please check information here.

After many troubles and wars with neighbors, and after I lost hope of ever completing this part of the tunnel, I would like to thank everyone who helped with the completion of this project, I hope that no one would be offended, but above all thanks to Thumble, who arrived here from another server and a few days completely free has been collapsing mines above and around tunnel, dug out of spite by our former neighbor.

Special thanks to Neville, who organized the members of alliance from Selkie Lake and nearby residents, for Devily, Heliotrope, Miccael, Mawej, Larue, Gratisgrex, Shoootanater, and, for my former co-founder of our settlement Gruk, whom began this project with me.....G we miss you...i miss you, if you read it then come back to us : )

If I missed somebody I apologize.

And on the end i would like to say that it's not the end, within a few days we will start work on the second part, which I hope we will complete in a shorter period of time.

p.s sorry for my bad doggy english ;]
Edited by Qdlaty

second part should be ready next month, maybe this time someone who offering help will come on the end...even with free account :)

Edited by Qdlaty

I can try to make it on Saturday to help for most of the day. I can also imp all helpers picks to 90+ if there is a 90+ vein there if that helps. If not let me know and I'll get some to bring with me.

Zed

thx Zedrow, ill be there from friday, at the moment  i got 78ql pickaxe, but will use 30ql steel with coc on it to get some skills points:), however extra miner is always more then welcome, and i'm sure other guys will be more then happy to have their pickaxes improved

I'm very very excited to hear about this..often wished a canal line was there in my travels.  If someone can supply pickaxes and a nahjo altar, I can sail my 3 nahjo priests there to help mine.  Pm me if I can be of help and we'll set up arrangements.

hey Blood :) altar isn't a big problem, one is inside 1st part of tunnel, and i got gold and silver to make more if needed just got no nahjo priest to bless it:)

wow with so many people it should be really fast, i just hope we won't get so stupid veins with 6 -10k iron or zinc like in 1st part, it was very annoying,

we will start from Sacred Lake side, but i think you remember where is my deed :) only all permissions are locked for non-citizens as someone stolen few carts in last couple months, so better dont drop anything on our deed if no one is there hehe

btw...i still got arkadian's bow he left after drake slaying, i was trying to contact with him but never had response back, anyway im repairing it as it got nimble cast

ahh i got some pickaxes, but max i can imp em to 50-55 :)

Edited by Qdlaty

I was planning on bringing a few extra 80+ ql picks to give to people while I imp theirs so that they can keep mining. I should be able to bring 3 more for you blood.

And I'll be bringing my Nahjo as well :)

Let me know (or poke Neville to let me know) when you're ready and I'll pop over for more work party action. Thanks to you for coordinating as well!

Picks at the ready... Go!

Work started on the 2 part...

ak6gCms.jpg

Zedrow with his alt Themule, Gratisgrex and me making nice screen :)

and more happy miners .. n08LxN4.jpg

so far we mined 55x3...wrong...now it's 90x3

Edited by Qdlaty
  • Like 1

Down there with a few others now utterly smashing our way through the rock.

mine mine mine...mining obviously making some people too strong ...

Helio in action :D

Vj1ZpTp.jpg

daily info...floors lowered, finishing roof, entrances opened, we start lowering floors a little, just few veins left....and this everything thanks to great community and miners with 90+ mining, don't want to say names in case i'll forget someone :)

Edited by Qdlaty
  • Like 2