Sign in to follow this  
Nesral

Community Map Project

This should be pixel accurate from the DS canal in the north to the bottom of the bay at the western end of the Cave Canal:

http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=21270.msg204750#msg204750

(and can we please have some proper names for the lakes, bays n stuff? :P ... right about now I'd support any ridiculous ideas just for the sake of having some commonly recognisable reference points)

here is a map i've been working on, (been using paint because its what i have on this comp)

I mapped the north bay area to within a few tiles of perfect accuracy and then connected other pixel accurate maps to it.

the section of water from samling down to darkenstone is accurate to within a few tiles, except where players have changed the coast, added docks and the like since the samling-DS coast was mapped.

I added FM's cave canal pixelmap and a few others to the east side of the waterway between darkenstone and the cave canal, but dont have any way to place them accurately, so that water is probably suspect, tho the north and west coasts of it are accurate all the way down to daevon.

freedomnorthwaterways-1.png

I added FM's cave canal pixelmap and a few others to the east side of the waterway between darkenstone and the cave canal, but dont have any way to place them accurately, so that water is probably suspect, tho the north and west coasts of it are accurate all the way down to daevon.

Count the tiles of water between them.

Also, I want to steal that

Any previews?  :P

I'll upload one when I get home..

(This post will be edited with a preview!)

heh steal away FM, but when i was re-coloring it i just did a quick brush down the east side of the bay so i obliterated some of the accuracy.

And yea, i can go count tiles across the water to the cave canal area, but i havent had time yet, and probably wont for a while.

I'll take my originals and try to make a version tonight thats not been re-colored. If i can i'll dump it over to the comp that has photoshop (the one that DOESNT run wurm very well) but i dont do a lot with photoshop so i cant gaurentee my ability to edit it into the larger map effectively.

Daevon doesn't exist anymore. It's called Alchemy Bay.

heh whoops, thats what happens when you use multiple comps. grabbed the small version when i uploaded.

replaced it with a full size version.

wow. the samling/aegis/merchant town/droid area is completely wrong. way to go idjits

xfspd4.jpg

bayview.jpg

Red dot is the village Bay View.

Black line is a path connected to the highway.

Since Nesral is no longer able to do this huge and endless task, who has taken up the staff of Wurm cartographer?

at the moment no one is really doing it.  I would but my photoshop skills suck and i just havent the time.

Iunno what text he uses  ??? ??? ???

Actually, I haven't really looked through the deed layers.

I by myself also got a bit of problems with the font, as I formated my computer I lost the font (Thought it was a font from Photoshop's font pack)..

Just go on and use a new one..

Not so good with maps but this is an approximation of the eastern side of crystal lake area.

de1e4b32.png

Missed my two hs east of sheerfall there ;). I'll need to do a revised one, that shoreline has a pointed tip not squared off as on this version.

Also riverboy, that's too small a map, all the text blurs as u zoom in.

Sorry about that, maybe I can tweak the pic a bit, or get larger fonts on this one. It looked so good before uploading to photobucket lol. I left the terrain as it was except for the mtn and small lake beside the mtn. Terrain, scale, and distance is probably off quite a bit in some spots.

Soo.. I see no progress on the map since I left?  :'(

Soo.. I see no progress on the map since I left?  :'(

Perhaps we should come beat you up and make you continue ?  8)

There's no progress because people are mapping it and keeping it to themselves  8)

Expect a new map once we actually get something worthy of updating.