Sign in to follow this  
Nesral

Community Map Project

Just a small update(plan on updating the whole area once I got some time)

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1653/12574321.png

Deed being a size 5 homestead named Asgard Harbour.

I should mention, that mountain I scrubbed out with red isn't there, I had a good look at it some time ago and it was more like one of those big forest hills, and what was marked was waaaaay too big.

I live at Care A Lot, on this side, it's all rockface - I just marked the mountainous grassy areas as part of it aswel.

Is there a printable version of the whole map.... GV is insane with green horns, and i dont want to get lost when i appear wherever it is when you port from gv.

Soo.. I see no progress on the map since I left?  :'(

Yep, the updates almost stopped.

If someone wanted to make an update to the map how would they upload the thing after the update and what's with the layers? Wouldn't simply editing have been much easier for those who don't know much about paint programs?

Nesral come back and start mapping roads-- or at least someone do it :(

i "may" attempt to update the map to the current point as it is, though im struggling with the layers, if people could compile a list of any disbanded deeds ill look for them and remove them, but showing them missing wont help at all as this thing is HUGE!!!.

some of the formats may go because

1) i dont have photoshop

2) i have to manually change each icon from what ive apparently downloaded as a black square for each token o.O

3) i need a life on wurm lols

ill show a preview of an area 2morrow when ive worked on it more. i dont know how much ill manage to do but ill give it a go i reckon, cant hurt? (maybe some people get removed lol, who knows)

maptesty.th.png

heres a quick preview showing wat ive done to the deed names, road and such :)

shroud of fallen is curently working on a 2 tile hwy both east and west, just trying to work out if we are going through over or around the mountain to the east.

Wondering does anyone occupy this Island, or does anyone know if it is just a big mountain? In the North West corner of Map.freedomn.png

Wondering does anyone occupy this Island, or does anyone know if it is just a big mountain? In the North West corner of Map.

Yup, i am living there. There is a deed down by the East coast of that island and a settlement on the North side also. I'm building a small house on the West side.

I have a map that is more accurate in terms of scaling and landshapes, but lacks the detail that the currently accepted map provides. There is one fatal drawback to posting it here though, the person who sent me the land outline and mountain location layers that I based the map itself on admitted that it was compiled from two map dumps he obtained. Would it be acceptable to post them here, considering it is not the map dump itself, and is not a significantly detailed map, and also lacks positions for anything, showing only mountains, water and land?

I don't want to land myself a Forum/Wurm ban for saying this, so please warn me if posession of this map is against the TOS.

i personally would prefer not to have anything from the dumps in this thread, but thats not an official opinion.

I have a map that is more accurate in terms of scaling and landshapes, but lacks the detail that the currently accepted map provides. There is one fatal drawback to posting it here though, the person who sent me the land outline and mountain location layers that I based the map itself on admitted that it was compiled from two map dumps he obtained. Would it be acceptable to post them here, considering it is not the map dump itself, and is not a significantly detailed map, and also lacks positions for anything, showing only mountains, water and land?

I don't want to land myself a Forum/Wurm ban for saying this, so please warn me if posession of this map is against the TOS.

Pm it to meh.

Pm it to meh.

Have mine instead.

...  ::)

i personally would prefer not to have anything from the dumps in this thread, but thats not an official opinion.

The freedom map on the wiki has a grid on it.

What is the scale of the grid?  Is one box 50x50 tiles?

Perhaps the scale should be written on the map legend.