Sign in to follow this  
Nesral

Community Map Project

As I don't have time to maintenance the map anymore I cleaned the Photoshop file a bit up, and releasing it to the public so everyone can add to it easier!

I would like to thanks all who have contributed while I were on it, and I thinks it was a great way for me to be a bit more together with the community. I hope this wont be the last time that I can work like this with the community.

About the photoshop file, it's still pretty uncleaned, but it was worse before, the only problem right now is about some conflicts in the "menu" layers, and one layer for each town name.. (Couldn't find any better way.. :-X)

Links to the file:

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Freedom-cut.psd

[Newest Map: August 7, 2009]

Thumbnail:

Freedom.png

Direct Link to Image:

Click Here

*More mirrors to come*

If there is any problems let me know..

Direct Link to Google Map:

Click Here

Info:

This map have been going on for 2 threads now, and I'm now going to make an "official" thread.

If you have anything that should be added to the map, please edit a little mark on the map or draw it so I can see how it should look like, where it should be placed, what size and all that, so I can add it to the map.

I'll update the wiki with this map, so you don't need to check this thread for newest map, as I'll always update the wiki first, and then this thread.

I won't accept Map Dump, or any kind of hacked maps, as they are illegal and just not welcome. And we have already experience that this have happen, and I hope it won't happen again. So keep this thread as clean as possible!

If there is anything incorrect on the map, then point them out, and I'll try to fix it.

just thought i'd mention, that mountain west of VoG and reborn isnt really the right shape on that map. its probably slightly north of there, and more rounded at the top with a smoother transition as it goes SW. i'll try draw the shape or something...^^

I suggest doubling the size to 4096x4096 and going for 1 pixel = 1 tile.

This half-size deal is just going to trip people up when they want to add to it.

There's clay south of Dannyiron's, north of Bay Hills Estates.

Claynearme.jpg

[Newest Map: July 2nd]

[Wiki Status: Updated]

Thumbnail:

freedommap.th.png

Direct Link to Image:

Click Here

Latest updates:

Added Grid System

Added Maple Island Docks, Maple Ranch, Llmageddon's Folly

Tuned the green grass color a bit darker

Info:

This map have been going on for 2 threads now, and I'm now going to make an "official" thread.

If you have anything that should be added to the map, please edit a little mark on the map or draw it so I can see how it should look like, where it should be placed, what size and all that, so I can add it to the map.

I'll update the wiki with this map, so you don't need to check this thread for newest map, as I'll always update the wiki first, and then this thread.

I won't accept Map Dump, or any kind of hacked maps, as they are illegal and just not welcome. And we have already experience that this have happen, and I hope it won't happen again. So keep this thread as clean as possible!

If there is anything incorrect on the map, then point them out, and I'll try to fix it.

Finally, thanks Nesral ;)

Can you put the canal on the map and maybe mark it?  Would be kinda cool to see. :)

This is an inferior map of the landscape compared to one's already drawn.

The others available are based on the illegal map dump, which many players do not wish to have any dealings with.  We wish to keep this map because it is player made from explorations.  Thank you for your concern. :)

Repositioned Harmony Point and Harmony Overlook.

Added the packed dirt trail we have made to the lake (dont add that to map it's just reference until we pave it.) 

Rough outline of lake with some sand deposits.

Added Village Mist (with owners permission to map.

hparea.jpg

By mouchard at 2009-07-02

How about you let us have our fun.  Go visit another thread if you don't want to play here.  :P

The others available are based on the illegal map dump, which many players do not wish to have any dealings with.  We wish to keep this map because it is player made from explorations.  Thank you for your concern. :)

Map.jpg

This is the area near Halcyon. Black is roughly where the land actually is. :)

I have proof that show's that wipeout's is not based on the map dump.

Just saying.

Just saying.

finally someone who doesnt want to bash down the work i did legally :) all that was done after i posted up my stuff is troll the topic by those who have map dumps at there disposal so they decide to delete it >.> o well guess no one wants the help that i wanted to offer(and you cant say that i did draw it from a map dump as i dint do that as i know how i did it so why would i lie to my self??)

Lol, honestly, I'm just going from hearsay, but in any case, people seem to like this map anyway.. In fact, I like it too. :)  But yeah, Thank you for the offer.

mteris.png

This is a rough outline of the mountain to the south of Oreo. Called Mt Eris, just for referance, I know we arent putting mountain names into this map.

The question mark on the north east corner right across from Kvevor's landing is called Miner's Pride.

Hm, maybe it could be better to map southern lands before starting to improve northern land's accuracy ?

all at the same time.. if you are down there and can make an accurate drawing, then please submit it!

Just saying.

finally someone who doesnt want to bash down the work i did legally :) all that was done after i posted up my stuff is troll the topic by those who have map dumps at there disposal so they decide to delete it >.> o well guess no one wants the help that i wanted to offer(and you cant say that i did draw it from a map dump as i dint do that as i know how i did it so why would i lie to my self??)

No offense mate, but even if you did make the map from sailing around, it contains so many errors that its not funny (lack of island near my place, plus the 3 islands that don't exist near it being just the beggingin), that its probably not a good map to go off of anyway.