Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

[Fixed] Frozen on cart

Hi,

Not for the first time, I have just embarked as commander on my cart, and frozen - can't move or do anything at all - have to relog to clear.

Does not happen every time, seems to be when running towards cart and embarking - sometimes.

Hope this can be fixed.

Thanx

Seeing the same symptom, though running is not necessary to reproduce. Exactly what is necessary I can't tell, appears random.

Potentially one of the longest running, somehow still existing bugs there is. Embarkation paralysis can occur from embarking any vehicle/animal, the exact cause of which is hard to pin down to be able to reproduce it on demand. To confirm, this is the one that totally freezes up the camera? You can still sort of interact with things, such as clicking disembark if you're able to, produces the event log "you leave the cart/wagon/rhinoceros" but you're still frozen in the spot?

I'm reasonably sure Alectrys may pop in sooner or later to confirm this one's already on the bug pile/heap/mountain. =)

Today I actually got this bug I would say close to about 10-15 times and every time it is was because I was far from the cart running up to it and then pressing embark. Sometimes I wasn't even moving I would just be really far away from the actual cart itself. 

This is definitely already in the bug list with a copy of all the forum posts regarding the issue.  Any exact steps to duplicate the issue would be helpful.  The hardest issues to troubleshoot are the ones we find that happen 'sometimes' but not all the time and sometimes when I this or that.

Thanks for your 'running while embarking' notes.

This is definitely already in the bug list with a copy of all the forum posts regarding the issue.  Any exact steps to duplicate the issue would be helpful.  The hardest issues to troubleshoot are the ones we find that happen 'sometimes' but not all the time and sometimes when I this or that.

Thanks for your 'running while embarking' notes.

I also tried it when I am running in on it and it only happened 7 out of 10 times and I am gonna attribute this to being out of open range 7 out of 10 times.

It may or may not be related to the ping times of the server and or packet loss. I've played some time in WU w/ local server, never experienced it. Now I'm playing two days on server w/ ping of 200 (and occasional lag spikes due to my internet quality) - it happens every other time I embark. 

I was able to duplicate this bug three times in a row.  I was not running.  I was standing next to the large cart and each time I had a rope activated and then embarked to command the cart.  The first time I had a sheep on the rope.  The next two times I was not leading any animal.  All three times the screen froze and I had to quit and login again. 

------

I tried to duplicate this again another day by activating a rope and commanding a cart and I did not freeze.  Realized it only freezes when I am on the unstable client.  I tried to duplicate this with my alt which is on another server and it did not freeze.

-----

Last comment:  Tried to see if something I had equipped was affecting the freeze.  Unequipped everything and I can no longer duplicate the freeze even after putting everything back on.  The mystery remains.

Edited by Chai