Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Remove the ondeed desintegration blocker.

Most properely protected deeds nowdays got a bunch of reinforced safemines becouse they require 0 effort and provide high defense aswell as tons of minehops.

When cavedoors on deeds are bashed, defenders quickly strongwall/shaker and reinforce a cave tile behind the door to block attackers from using the path since desintegrate doesnt work untill a deed is drained.

This adds artifical one-sided blockades for attackers and since minedoors are extremely sturdy they basicly provide 24/7 indestructable gatehops (walls to block them off can be quickly destoyed due to deed bonus) untill the deed is drained.

And once the deed is drained the desintegrate timer last merely for an hour... which isnt even enough to bash 2 steel minedoors with a medium sized raid crew.

So my suggestion is simple.

Remove the need to drain a deed to desintegrate.

First of all It makes no sense that attackers cant use the spells available to them while defenders can and in general it feels like a really poorly thought out game mechanic.

Heck, a defender can even strongwall/shaker/reinforce attackers in mines to block them from moving out of there.

• Like 2

some mechanics suddenly works against you -> cries in the forums 

typical rome

• Like 2

Suddenly...?

This isnt a new feature and I've brought up safemines/minedoors many times before.

Edited by Zekezor

Suddenly...?

This isnt a new feature and I've brought up safemines many times before.

Right, and they made a change you can now break into them I don't see the problem, seems more like your personal issue you want fixed than an issue with the actual mechanic. -1

We've used it a couple of times, it requires good priests (multiple). Its also 2 hours after drain timer.

• Like 1

Or you could mine 60 tiles in the opposite direction and try that way, I need it mined out anyway.

• Like 2

-1 deeds should be difficult to raid, and 2 hours is more than enough time for a raid group to mine around a door after the drain.

• Like 2

brb going to make a list of suggestions that help my cause at this time and moment.

• Like 1

I've always been for pvp and less about raiding, this is why I enjoy Epic more than Wild/Chaos.  Epic has always been more about pvp with minimal raiding

Changes like this to make all aspects of raiding easier, simply put kills pvp.  Ever notice how a kingdom heavily dies after being raided hard?  Fixing walls takes time, making materials, gathering people to rebuild, fixing everything.  Now when all the horses are killed, they just cannot go pvp unless it's on a boat.  It kills their ability to pvp, everyone knows gathering wild horses to use is a crap excuse.  Now add in being able to sit there in force and then just take everything the entire deed owns because of suggested changes like this, you killed their ability to pvp entirely.  They have nothing but what they logged off with if they didn't die.  They can't take spare stuff because it doesn't exist.  They can't make spare stuff because their tools don't exist.  Is this an extreme?  Yes it is, but we know it has happened before more than once and we know it'll happen again. 

Are there war deeds? Yes indeed there are these kinds of deeds.  They're meant to be raided yes, but they also don't hold much good loot so it's not even worth changes like this to attempt making raiding wardeeds easier.  Does it allow safemine-hopping?  Yes, but considering how easy it is to raid vs to build I'm fine with that

Is this a pvp server?  Yes, it is.  No, being against making raiding easy is not being against pvp.  Trashing deeds and taking everything not nailed down is being against pvp

• Like 9

Wrecking deeds doesn't need to be even easier. You can't drain but expect to remove every piece of defence without effort lol.

I've always been for pvp and less about raiding, this is why I enjoy Epic more than Wild/Chaos.  Epic has always been more about pvp with minimal raiding

Changes like this to make all aspects of raiding easier, simply put kills pvp.  Ever notice how a kingdom heavily dies after being raided hard?  Fixing walls takes time, making materials, gathering people to rebuild, fixing everything.  Now when all the horses are killed, they just cannot go pvp unless it's on a boat.  It kills their ability to pvp, everyone knows gathering wild horses to use is a crap excuse.  Now add in being able to sit there in force and then just take everything the entire deed owns because of suggested changes like this, you killed their ability to pvp entirely.  They have nothing but what they logged off with if they didn't die.  They can't take spare stuff because it doesn't exist.  They can't make spare stuff because their tools don't exist.  Is this an extreme?  Yes it is, but we know it has happened before more than once and we know it'll happen again. 

Are there war deeds? Yes indeed there are these kinds of deeds.  They're meant to be raided yes, but they also don't hold much good loot so it's not even worth changes like this to attempt making raiding wardeeds easier.  Does it allow safemine-hopping?  Yes, but considering how easy it is to raid vs to build I'm fine with that

Is this a pvp server?  Yes, it is.  No, being against making raiding easy is not being against pvp.  Trashing deeds and taking everything not nailed down is being against pvp

so you'd start your raid 100 tiles away through a mine and just mine into the deed lol. Nice

• Like 1

im going to bite my tongue and wait to see how fast the peoples opinions in this thread change when they see the few deeds on this server that have properly built mine systems for loot.

There's currently one with a reinforced outer perimeter, mined out interior, solid rock, and 23 reinforced safemines with all steel doors.

I wonder if anyone can guess the deed...

but then again what should i expect as the core roman group has been the only group to actually raid deeds that main people live in for the past three years. i can't imagine the people not going on the offensive don't want it changed.

Edited by Propheteer

im going to bite my tongue and wait to see how fast the peoples opinions in this thread change when they see the few deeds on this server that have properly built mine systems for loot.

There's currently one with a reinforced outer perimeter, mined out interior, solid rock, and 23 reinforced safemines with all steel doors.

I wonder if anyone can guess the deed...

but then again what should i expect as the core roman group has been the only group to actually raid deeds that main people live in for the past three years. i can't imagine the people not going on the offensive don't want it changed.

• Like 2

+1

the extent to which shaker orbs and reinforcements (and mines in general) are abused is ######, it's about time something gets done

This will destroy smaller kingdoms for sure. I like raiding (havent done it much but in the future i hope we can) and other post to improve it but it should be hard to break into a safemine.

This will destroy smaller kingdoms for sure. I like raiding (havent done it much but in the future i hope we can) and other post to improve it but it should be hard to break into a safemine.

Even with a dual layer of reinforced walls and a two tile entrance with an offline alt ready with 2 orbs (thanks mr) and the beams ready to rock and roll. Add a vast selection of empty rowboats into the mix and even then with the deed block removed it's gonna be a slog to raid you're stuff (unless someone dials 1800rolfhalppls and the mine wall mysteriously vanishes despite being perfectly fine meta the hour beforehand)