Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

non-pennable uniques

So the people saying that pennable uniques are the only ones that can lead to public hunts are assuming that everyone who pens the unique will organize a public hunt with public loot rules? That's hell of an assumption.

No, people are saying that without pennable uniques, public slayings are impossible - kill one offdeed, anyone (having quick fingers, high fps, and low latency) can grab the corpse and walk away. Pretty simple, and has happened before.

Edited by Hashirama

Nothing wrong with that and it's totally doable for a non-public slaying, even without the deed.

Meh current situation in regards to penning is fine. Although, it might be interesting if all or a few of the unique can mine. Get some tunnel fighting in there.

Advantages are as already mentioned. Large hunts formed on the spot, even among a group familiar with each other, can be chaotic. Time is needed to prepare and organize.

Then there's scheduling with widely diverse lifestyles and regions. Someone who wants to participate is not going to be able to make it.

In addition its not like a penned location is a 100% safe (Granted aye pve servers blah blah blah. One of many reasons I'm not a fan of pve). Over the years I have been in plenty of assaults (as both attacker and defender) on locations with penned unique.

Here's my take on public hunts. If I can pen them, I will never organize a public hunt. Only reason I would do a public hunt is when I need more people to kill it. When its lying in my pen I will just wait for more friends to log in.

and then:

All I see in your sentences is

"...That should not happen, only I should get drake/scale and valerie charges."

Scrub.

I found this hilarious :)

• Like 1

No need so -1. And destroying the 3-4 walls on a deed might let it open to creatures and stuff so its not ok to let destroy a deed. Also addition to that if you are worried about public hunts, then i can tell you the public hunts and kills will decease. Whoever finds it shouts out, if enough people come there they kill it. Trust me, no one will lose the sight of the unique. That means that no more public hunts and ofc you can ninja the unique with your friends Hashi.

Sorry for being so cynical but thanks to my running in on you on Chaos has left me with a feeling that you do alot of stuff from greed and this suggestion can be seen also as a way to make ninjaing legal and actually easy. So still a -1 as i would never trade 2-3 walls on a newbie deed for "more spawns and no penning". Its fine as it is today. The alt situation is bad, but that got fixed a little so we are heading in the right direction.

• Like 1

The loot can be as much as 1000 euro value from a single boss hunt.  Smoke, Green & Black tomes, etc.  When the prize can be so valuable, it is impossible to resist the element of greed (we all have greed - human nature) and it takes incredible generosity to share the prize, after being the one to capture the beast.  I guess I don't really blame the private hunters for being human.  What I don't like is having such valuable loot delivered to the game through a system that will always have heated arguments over how it should be done.

then the solution is simple

remove valrei item drops from unique and make it scenario based like epic.

• Like 3

-1 if all forms of penning are removed I see no logical reason to run public fights anymore the effort of organizing would be far too great.

There is no reason at all that making Uniques "un-pennabe" should result in the destruction of any objects either on deed or off. These Uniques should just be programmed so they can *pass through* any object without damaging it. Solves both problems. Simplicity in itself!

Yea, also make them non-aggressive unless attacked so the poor little Wurmanite's won't get pass through damage, heh. Once attacked though they will rage on against all within range. Like them big god'ies, they will just lumber around aimlessly, not bothering with the lesser Wurmlings of little significance.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Well, now that I know that these hunts are potentially worth 1000 euros, I can see why these unique hunts turn into so much drama and people get their knickers all in a twist.  Greed is a powerful motivator in all games, as well as RL.  Wurm combines the two.

As far as I can see, removing that 1k eu potential would also solve a lot of problems as well as allowing uniques to pass through things and not attack unless attacked, as Ayes said. 

For one thing, what are high-end pvp rewards doing on pve servers in the first place?  Keep them on pvp servers and let those folks fight it out while killing the uniques.  lol.  Instead, they come to pve servers to harvest their 1000eu pvp lewtz and then lobby on the forums to increase spawns and prevent penning, and to hell with any pve folks' deeds who happen to get in the way.  Not to mention enabling ninja looting, as has been mentioned.  Nice pvp features there.

Sorry, but I'm still on my first cup of coffee so I'm not feeling inclined to word this diplomatically and if it offends anyone.....well whatever.  There it is.

*wanders off to the kitchen*

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

The reality is that once a unique is located, a group will form quickly to kill it. So any damage done to a deed will be short term, if villagers are active.

Any damage done to a deed, just so someone else can get their 1000 euros, is unacceptable to me.  Just my opinion.  Meh.

And the groups will not form very quickly on Xanadu unless they just happen to all be in the area, not to mention not all deeds have active villagers 24/7.

• Like 1

Spent several hours trying to find a unique today only to realize that it was already penned. I know its 1 tile away from me, but in a mine and a wall between us. Well, couldn't have known that it was penned. So waste of time, great.

No reason for them to be spawned at double the rate they are. The spawn rate is already enough.

Penned in a mine allows organized slayings, regardless if public or not.

Uniques should be not be able to be penned ( even for organisation )  Release killed the first 3 Uniques with out penning and full Public Hunt ,penning allows those that have done and will continue to do  " private loot " or " buddy killings " .

I don't think more are needed .

Edited by Tarator
  • Like 1

Kyklops independence hunt heuheuheuheu. Private loot on sorcery charges but people can have the rare bone and leatherworking potions! amazing :D

I think these sort of public hunts are organised to keep people satisfied so that they never ask for a change and believe that penning uniques is directly related to public hunts. Wurm people so naive :P

• Like 2

The issue most people have with public unique kills is when people turn up having done nothing to help and complain about everything, it really puts you off hosting them publicly. If they cannot be penned I know at least some of the unique searching groups will just kill them at very short notice to avoid griefing.

Edited by Webba
  • Like 2

The issue most people have with public unique kills is when people turn up having done nothing to help and complain about everything, it really puts you off hosting them publicly. If they cannot be penned I know at least some of the unique searching groups will just kill them at very short notice to avoid griefing.

So? You are talking as if right now all the sorcery charges and loot are being shared. I still don't understand why people don't get it. What's the fun in finding a unique for hours later to realize that it was  penned somewhere 2 days ago. Uniques roaming out in the open, is the best for all. If they do not do damage to structures, that is even better for people's deeds. No argument seems valid enough for this topic. They should roam around in the open, not closed in mines to stop that unique from spawning anymore.

Edited by Hashirama

there never was any problem with the tiny drake / scale drops or private hunts

there was - and is now to a greater degree - a problem with the inherent imbalance of drake / scale armor in PvP and the need to have it to be competitive on Chaos

• Like 1

So? You are talking as if right now all the sorcery charges and loot are being shared. I still don't understand why people don't get it. What's the fun in finding a unique for hours later to realize that it was  penned somewhere 2 days ago. Uniques roaming out in the open, is the best for all. If they do not do damage to structures, that is even better for people's deeds. No argument seems valid enough for this topic. They should roam around in the open, not closed in mines to stop that unique from spawning anymore.

If you're dedicated enough to scout servers for uniques, you should be allowed to get the rewards. There's no right to a free piece of the pie without effort because you feel entitled, this isn't welfare.

Well after hearing that each drake/dragon gives 0.25 kg to the big loot pool players. I think the spawn rate is good enough so gonna withdraw that from suggestion.

​Gonna stick with the non pennable uniques suggestion though.

0.06 KG scale from dragon on exodus. Can't be more satisfied. There were 140 or so people in local. Seems the drop rate is very good now. Really really satisfied, going to dragon slayings will make much more sense now.

+ 1 if only is coded for Chaos. Leave us carebears do as we please