Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

non-pennable uniques

As the title suggests, uniques should be non-pennable by any means, be it mines,houses,etc.

A code like: The moment they go into a mine, they immediately get teleported to the surface so that they can never enter a mine.

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 5

Main reason for public hunts is usually to get new players to see how uniques are and get them to try the hunt etc.
With twice spawn rates, I dont see a problem, plus people not penning them is much better than people penning them to kill them at their time,place,and with their own group under the banner of "public slayings with private loot".

+1

Edited by Gaul
  • Like 4

Eh. If you can't pen then public raids will fall because people will just kill them before they are discovered by the public or if a raid is announced a group can just show up and kill it couple hours before hand. Also not killing on a deed lets anyone pick up the corpse so ninja looters will be rampant someone will create a script to just grab as quick as they can.

Would have to randomize loot to the killers which in turn will get the spaces maxed out quicker. Other option is make them harder to kill and add more spaces for attackers.

Best advice would be go out and look for them

• Like 1

Eh. If you can't pen then public raids will fall because people will just kill them before they are discovered by the public or if a raid is announced a group can just show up and kill it couple hours before hand. Also not killing on a deed lets anyone pick up the corpse so ninja looters will be rampant someone will create a script to just grab as quick as they can.

Would have to randomize loot to the killers which in turn will get the spaces maxed out quicker. Other option is make them harder to kill and add more spaces for attackers.

Best advice would be go out and look for them

I find the irony when people capture uniques under the banner of public hunt but privatise the loot when it is good. The same people "suggesting" others to let them organize for the "greater good of the community"even when the unique was found by others. (not talking about you magaric)

Anyways if uniques remain pennable, I can tell with 100% assurance that most of them will be penned by my group on all servers and no scope for public hunts as all the loot would go to my group (caus if I can pen uniques, why would I bother sharing the loot with others when I can just wait for all my mates to log in and kill it with them).

With that being said, uniques should be made non pennable otherwise I have plenty of time right now to catch them  :D

Here's my take on public hunts. If I can pen them, I will never organize a public hunt. Only reason I would do a public hunt is when I need more people to kill it. When its lying in my pen I will just wait for more friends to log in.

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 3

5x unique spawn rare and non pennable uniques to destroy all deeds everywhere.

Meanwhile, give every new player that prems up for the first time 5 scale and 5 drake sets, one of each color.

Also every 2nd month you prem up you should recieve 10 backpacks each with all different kind of imbues in-game.

• Like 4

5x unique spawn rare and non pennable uniques to destroy all deeds everywhere.

Meanwhile, give every new player that prems up for the first time 5 scale and 5 drake sets, one of each color.

Also every 2nd month you prem up you should recieve 10 backpacks each with all different kind of imbues in-game.

All I see in your sentences is

"Please dont do this, I have **** people around hunts for so long, I want to do it more. Let me post some non sense comments in order to say that such a change would make new players get drake/scale very fast. That should not happen, only I should get drake/scale and valerie charges."

Scrub.

No reason for them to be spawned at double the rate they are. The spawn rate is already enough.

Penned in a mine allows organized slayings, regardless if public or not.

• Like 2

-1 unless the devs make it so uniques can't destroy deeds.

Increased spawn increases the possibility/probability that someones deed will get trashed eventually.

The ability to pen them could potentially save someone's hard work rather than being totally helpless and forced to let it rampage around their deed.   Especially on a server like Xan where it would take forever for anyone to show up to help kill the beastie.

Seems to me that concerns about how much loot people might get really doesn't compare to the potential (no matter how small) for someone to lose months of work on their deeds.

No reason for them to be spawned at double the rate they are. The spawn rate is already enough.

Penned in mine also allows people to prevent 1 unique from spawning anymore on the server. *cough xanadu charcoal black dragon cough*

Edited by Hashirama

-1 unless the devs make it so uniques can't destroy deeds.

Increased spawn increases the possibility/probability that someones deed will get trashed eventually.

The ability to pen them could potentially save someone's hard work rather than being totally helpless and forced to let it rampage around their deed.   Especially on a server like Xan where it would take forever for anyone to show up to help kill the beastie.

Seems to me that concerns about how much loot people might get really doesn't compare to the potential (no matter how small) for someone to lose months of work on their deeds.

On xanadu a dragon spawned some tiles away from my deed, all the "ravaging" it did on my deed was break 2 house walls and 3-4 fence walls. Provided it stayed most of the time in the same locality and jumped at me whenever I tried to roam out. 

"Deeds getting destroyed" "public slayings" all these seem like a lame excuse to do what should have been stopped when the uniques respawned, and that is penning of uniques.

• Like 1

In fact why was penning in houses stopped in the first place? That seems much more easier to pen in a house rather than a mine. Well it was stopped to prevent penning of uniques, and it looks like a unfinished step caus they are still pennable in mines. Better finish on the decisions which were taken in the past.

• Like 1

why are uniques such a big deal

you can kill most of them with less than five people, and all the rest with 13 or less.

it just seems to me that more people want to be rewarded for not finding the damn thing

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 4

On xanadu a dragon spawned some tiles away from my deed, all the "ravaging" it did on my deed was break 2 house walls and 3-4 fence walls. Provided it stayed most of the time in the same locality and jumped at me whenever I tried to roam out. 

"Deeds getting destroyed" "public slayings" all these seem like a lame excuse to do what should have been stopped when the uniques respawned, and that is penning of uniques.

Well, maybe to you "Deeds getting destroyed" is a lame excuse.  And maybe to you having "2 house walls and 3-4 fence walls" destroyed is AOK.   I don't agree.

I see nothing lame in not wanting the possibility of deeds being destroyed to be increased.  And I see nothing lame in not wanting to lose house walls or fences so my animals could possibly escape and my house be left wide open.  There really is nothing you can say that would ever make me think otherwise.

I'll say again....Seems to me that concerns about how much loot people might get really doesn't compare to the potential (no matter how small) for someone to lose months of work on their deeds.

My vote remains at -1  (for whatever good that does. lol)

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

Why not spawn them dead and save all the drama? 

• Like 3

I recommend considering why someone from Chaos would lobby for uniques to be impossible to pen on PvE servers.

• Like 1

I recommend considering why someone from Chaos would lobby for uniques to be impossible to pen on PvE servers.

Ok keep them pennable then, will just pen and kill, and save the public hunt drama :P

Don't matter to me.

It just feels more dynamic and fun to kill them out in the open, and it gives everyone a fair opportunity to kill them. 

And they should be impossible to pen on chaos as well. Not just the pve servers.

And Amadee, them being unable to destroy houses and just passing through them without damaging the house walls or fences is completely acceptable and I agree 100%. But them being unpennable comes 1st priority for me than saving deeds. And its other way around for you I know .But still I agree that if they are made so that they dont deal any dmg to on deed houses or walls, that would be cool.

Edited by Hashirama

Also it should be noted that penning of uniques demotes players from trying to find it. Why?

Many times I have tried to find newly spawned uniques, having started the moment they spawned. Later to realize that the unique I was tryind to find for 3 hours is already penned. Atleast if un-pennable, one can see on niarja or wurm.bdew and know that they are alive and there is a scope for finding them.

In the current situation many people don't even bother starting to find it caus they think it might already be penned. And there is no way to know whether it is penned or not. If they are made un-pennable atleast we can know its alive and ready to be killed by whichever group finds it first, and if they choose to tell everyone in freedom chat to come.

Edited by Hashirama

I wont give a + or - but I will say this,the slayings now are like this,you go to the meeting point,wait 30min-1hour(or more) kill the unique in 2min and go back home...I would love to see a lots of people runing after a dragon and the more wound on it the slower he gets..and after a while we will be able to kill it in like 5min..atleast.

It would make it more of a hunt and fun,plus it will probably solve the  tons of alts problem.

Just my point of view,don't take my head off xD

• Like 2

The loot can be as much as 1000 euro value from a single boss hunt.  Smoke, Green & Black tomes, etc.  When the prize can be so valuable, it is impossible to resist the element of greed (we all have greed - human nature) and it takes incredible generosity to share the prize, after being the one to capture the beast.  I guess I don't really blame the private hunters for being human.  What I don't like is having such valuable loot delivered to the game through a system that will always have heated arguments over how it should be done.

• Like 2

I think the spawn rate of unique animals is about right. I am both amazed and a little envious of people who are able to pen them so quick;y and slay them- my fight stats are not yet good enough.

I understand your point of view, however I feel that the way that the animals can be penned allows the spectacle that creates something a little special. Being in local to receive a little blood or scale creates a 'buzz' that makes Wurm special- being with so many players in local creates an event that is most welcome- I can 'say' I was there, I made the effort to travel that distance, I hope I can get to the next one.

Aside from all this, we've just had the number of different uniques increased from 8 to 14. I don't think anyone yet knows if this means we'll also see a similar 75% increase in spawns or if the total unique spawn rate will stay the same. It's to early to tell, but so far we've had four spawns in four days which is pretty unusual.

1000 euros from one hunt?!?!   Excuse me a minute while I cough up a lung.

Yeah, that's just....wrong somehow.  If that be the case, I can see why some would consider uber loot more important than other people's deeds and/or property.

If they would make it where the beasties can't destroy deeds, then whatever else they do about it really wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.

Edit:  On the other hand, if they can continue to destroy deeds, I see no reason why some innocent deed holder should pay the price for someone else being able to make 1000 euros simply because the beast can't be penned to prevent it.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

The reality is that once a unique is located, a group will form quickly to kill it. So any damage done to a deed will be short term, if villagers are active.

• Like 2

A hunt remains public dependent on the mood of the person penning it. If penning is not a problem, everyone has a fair chance to slay the unique or find it with knowledge that it is somewhere out in the open and not in a mine and its alive (can be checked from niarja or twitter). A private loot hunt is as good as a private hunt. Nothing cool in that.

So the people saying that pennable uniques are the only ones that can lead to public hunts are assuming that everyone who pens the unique will organize a public hunt with public loot rules? That's hell of an assumption.

And about the spawn rate:

Atm the spawn rate is 20 days or 1 month right? Twice rate would mean one unique every 10-15 days on one server. Imo that is not bad, considering 2 weeks for one to spawn on an entire server, considering people from other servers can travel too.

Edited by Hashirama