Sign in to follow this  
Gaul

Rarity never transfers

I have tried with lots of rare lumps and the sentence "that there is a chance of transfering rarity from a iron lump to item" is a myth.

I think there is no chance as i have never seen it change.

Also there is no rare roll. So if there is someone who can confirm that they have made a rare item from a rare lump i think its a bug.

Thanks

• Like 1

Had an alliance mate claim that he imped a fountain rare with rare rock shards... But i think it was just a coincidence that he got a rare roll during imping. I don't believe it transfers via imping with the rare mat either.

I have infact made a supreme hatchet before with a supreme lump via imping, other than that nothing else.

This was maybe a year ago.

Edited by williamwierd
  • Like 1

I have infact made a supreme hatchet before with a supreme lump via imping, other than that nothing else.

This was maybe a year ago.

Edited by Nicrolis

I would consider lump no different than the tools. I'm real sure imping with my rare tools does not increase the chance.

i made a rare bow by imping it with the last bit of a rare log

only the last bit works, you have to use it up to transfer rarity

has to be a successful action

• Like 1

I rared my cart with a rare log; it's 'rare' to do, but possible

• Like 2

Alrighty. 

So far we have proof that it was possible in the past.

And yes i have tried it with 48x rare 1 kg lumps which i purchased recently.

Unless i am very unlucky or it has changed now. I know that the last part has a chance.

Also can we add rare roll to it. Just to make us believe it possible.

Thanks all for sharing.

From my experience:

Iron lumps aren't really a good item to try to transfer rarity - because the transfer happens when the rare material is used up entirely during the creation or imping process. But I think there is no creation process that needs a 1 kg iron lump. Other rare items have better uses, for example I made 3 rare toolbelts by using 2 rare and 1 supreme piece of leather during the creation process. In the creation of a toolbelt you need a full weight piece of leather to add to the unfinished belt.

Edit: anyway, not a bug in my opinion.

Edited by Eobersig

48 with no success is well within variance

Can't find the original post but the quoted text was from rolf

There is already a chance that using rare materials transfer to the thing you create or improve. Consuming a rare material when improving has a 1/100 possibility to transfer rarity. When improving or polishing a drum roll doesn't always mean rarity.

Edited by Webba

everything is anecdotal about this;

it "may" increase the chance "a little bit" so that it is a "little bit less rare"

but maybe not

have fun

Not a bug, the chance is just low.

You might even say rare.

• Like 1

Fantastically rare

>https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4137371/SWF/rimshot.swf

• Like 1

I have combined a rare iron lump and a iron lump a few times. Only one time did i end up with 2kg of rare iron lump

I have combined a rare iron lump and a iron lump a few times. Only one time did i end up with 2kg of rare iron lump

Is not possible anymore to combine rare (supreme) materials with regular ones, has been removed long ago.

I have imp'd a stone altar with a rare rock shard and ended up with a rare stone altar.  Was it a fluke?  Most likely.  Would it have happened with a plain rock shard?  Who knows.  Possibly.  I think the chance is very slim either way.

Per Rolf's own words http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/94002-rare-raw-resource-to-rare-refined-item/?p=945189

'There is already a chance that using rare materials transfer to the thing you create or improve. Consuming a rare material when improving has a 1/100 possibility to transfer rarity. When improving or polishing a drum roll doesn't always mean rarity.'

Not a bug.

• Like 1