Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

[Bug] Slope on carts and huge axe obscuring vision - please fix

They don't seem to want to resolve this one. Previously, before the horizontal alignment change, dropping dirt and digging was pretty chaotic in results to vehicle behavior.  My thinking is the number of support tickets are way down from being stuck on carts and boats, so they are just going to stick with it as is now.  It looks super dumb and it is one of the things all my friends and family comment on as being super silly for games with today's graphics capabilities, but it is how the devs want to roll it seems.  Love our devs though, cause we have so much cool stuff, but this is a real pain and eye sore.

• Like 1

They usually reply with something about something else not functioning if they fix this.

This has been explained numerous times, both in server bugs and with screenshots. 

With sitting on the carts added the camera does not play nicely.

To add onto the issues we face with it, there's a description from it previously

On 9/10/2016 at 6:20 PM, Budda said:

http://prntscr.com/cgb5b0

"Not sure what I'm looking at." - Exactly.

When the cart hugs the slope like that and yoiu as a player start to look around, you're still swiveling around that mount point as if you're sitting straight and not rotated with the cart. So since the cart is now not in the expected spot, you turn your view and suddenly your camera is in the side of the cart.

Not an exact description, as it's not really an easy fix - but it gives you an idea. It's something that we can fix eventually, but I'm waiting until we have all of the major bugs out of the new client and getting it live before I jump into issues like that.

I did some work in Unity with 3D cameras and viewpoints and shifting the plane of viewing/mouse-panning to dynamically hug the normals of terrain, and for me, at least, it was -hard- (I learned more about quaternions and euler angles than I ever wanted :P ). And this was just for a rough prototype, nothing production, and I never really got it where I wanted.

So, this is a problem I can respect, at least.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

It's something that we can fix eventually, but I'm waiting until we have all of the major bugs out of the new client and getting it live before I jump into issues like that. 

Sweet, so the fix is in the works then?  I believe we are on the new client and there aren't any major bugs?  I know the sun turning on after 30 seconds is something, but not a show stopper.