Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

[Bug] Slope on carts and huge axe obscuring vision - please fix

Since sitting was introduced, carts wont slope backwards when going uphill.  The cart should follow the slope of the terrain, not stay parallel to water.  It makes it virtually impossible to see behind you when going uphill, please revert back to where carts sloped and followed terrain before sitting was introduced, or give the option to choose standing in carts so we can see what goes on behind us when going up slopes.

Secondly, please do something about how your passenger's huge axe totally obscures your vision over one half of your screen.  It is exceedingly annoying.  Also just since sitting was introduced.

Thanks.

• Like 14

Secondly, please do something about how your passenger's huge axe totally obscures your vision over one half of your screen.  It is exceedingly annoying.  Also just since sitting was introduced.

It's not just juge axes. Mauls obscure also.

• Like 1

+1 and please make the reach from sitting in a cart the same as when standing in it or standing on the same spot when disembarked.

• Like 3

This is one of the more annoying bugs that have been around a while. I would love to see a "we see it" and a "we're working on it" would be awesome. 

If you must work on a hill, you cannot back into whatever you are doing. Since you may not have gotten the slope in front of you at 40 or below, your animals won't go forward into it. You back in either plant your cart's/wagon's tail into the dirt or it is hanging in the air however many dirts above where you are trying to work. Not to mention that working standing between 2/4 animals is almost begging to get diseased eventually. Loading and unloading like this is a nightmare because sometimes you can't even see the item any more once you mount the vehicle. Combat has already been mentioned above.

If sitting broke this, please just take sitting back out. It's cosmetic. 

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

+1 please look into this.  Please post on here that you are looking into this.  I am sure the coding has already been written, given that we used to have proper sloping vehicles and no weapons obscuring our view.  Taking such a huge backward step (like taking sloping vehicles away and making the driver's field of vision so much smaller) just to be able to sit in a cart, is really silly.  Revert back to standing and bring back the way we could see behind our carts and in front of our faces while carrying passengers with weapons.

+1 for the slope problem.

Not being able to see properly while riding a cart is annoying.

Please fix both are really annoying and blocking view

Both issues have been mentioned in the bug list.  Thanks for your reports.

• Like 1

Fix for the large weapons obscuring vision is incoming today, and we're going to look into slope rotation again soon.

• Like 7

TY Fairy for getting this started and TY  Saromon and Team for   fixing this and i now don't have my wife's Axe threatening obscuring  my vision :)

Edited by Toecutter
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2015 at 11:24 AM, Saroman said:

Fix for the large weapons obscuring vision is incoming today, and we're going to look into slope rotation again soon.

It's been almost 8 months. Any word?

• Like 1

Bump. This looks... ugh. Can we spend a little time on the "exploit" so I am not driving telephone poles into the roof? The view from the back is even better. Now how in the name of Fo is my passenger supposed to do combat from that position?

zHU5KwH.png

9y3HtkQ.png

• Like 1

Bump.  Carts and wagons STILL DO NOT FOLLOW terrain under them. It obscures vision in all directions when you go either up or down slopes, especially on wagons as a passenger where you can gleefully see all the mines and contents of mines of the underverse around you, since you are actually travelling below the surface of the land if you are on a slope as a passenger of a wagon.  I doubt that this is intended as we previously had carts/wagons that followed terrain and would tilt either up or down when you go up or down a slope.  The change came into effect the same time sitting on carts were introduced.  Please fix this. It is annoying and unnecessary and given there is obviously code to have carts follow terrain, it should not be that hard to re implement it?  If it is, at least give us the chance to get some other input from the wonderful community by saying what the issue is, and asking if someone in the community can solve it.  There are some really savvy coders playing Wurm, and I am sure one of them could help out?

All in all, the request is to enable carts and wagons to follow the terrain under them.  

Thanks.

• Like 2

But but but... I have located so many rare forges under ground to wait to dig to...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Audrel said:

But but but... I have located so many rare forges under ground to wait to dig to...

Exploit alert?  (And stay away from the shiny forges!)

Just now, elf said:

Exploit alert?  (And stay away from the shiny forges!)

;) Following the terrain is an exploit I thought! So this is intended.

• Like 1

....yeah.  I know other powers that be that also uses exploits intentionally.

jewelry-cartoon-001.gif

• Like 2

This bug was reported previously but the threads are closed so reopening here.

Some time in 2016 (? It was around the same time when we started sitting on wagons and carts instead of standing on them) the wagons and carts all became "flat" and will not follow the terrain under them (previously they did).  This means that on slopes you can't see behind so you can't see animals lead or mobs attacking you, and sometimes you also can't see in front of you as you drive right into a slope.  Basically, the terrain under you are sloped.  If the slope goes at an angle and your cart remains perfectly horizontal all the time, vision is severely restricted.  Please fix this.

Previous threads

and

and

Edited by Fairyshine