Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Dragon loot tweaks

Currently I think something went a bit wrong. From Indy Drake fight we got 0.002kg (lucky crafting window shows more digits after comma, in inventory it was just 0.00kg) of hide. I am not afraid of the grind and I don't think, that people should get dragon/drake armor just by killing 1-2 dragons. But I do think, that when someone is participating in those slaying events actively, they should be able to get the armorset eventually. With the current state of affairs I am afraid, that even my lifetime is too short to be able to get that armor.

Currently I think something went a bit wrong. From Indy Drake fight we got 0.002kg (lucky crafting window shows more digits after comma, in inventory it was just 0.00kg) of hide. I am not afraid of the grind and I don't think, that people should get dragon/drake armor just by killing 1-2 dragons. But I do think, that when someone is participating in those slaying events actively, they should be able to get the armorset eventually. With the current state of affairs I am afraid, that even my lifetime is too short to be able to get that armor.

That is because more armour drops more people show up, so the results *look* the same. And it might have been that this was an old dragon and did NOT have the new loot changes. So maybe the next drake hatchling will drop more than what we got last night.

But last time loot changes were made, they were effective immideatly, also on older dragons. Maybe the amount is randomized, and we simply got the bad side of the dice. We'll find out in the future i guess.

Why?

The helmets are not better than the glimmer/ada/serryl helmets we got available and the plumb helmet lacks face protection which makes it unusable for pvp purpuses... You may think the plumb helmet got a use, but for a pvper it does not. It's cosmetic. No face protection = useless.

This isn't challenge where noone has equipment. Greathelms/Basinet helms at high quality are abundant in steel/glimmer/serryl form already.

With that said, we got a kingdom called the Roman Republic that are highly interested in the plumbed helmets and another called valhalla descendant wanting the horned viking helmet.

So please add the remaining cosmetic helmets. It will not affect pvp balance in any form of way.

The challenge helmets are in, I meant that they are the exception when it comes to having a use as an armor, the masks has no armor values.

Since this seems to be the most active topic i will re-post my thoughts here:

As things stand things are not going to change regarding the Dragon hide, People will either do one of two things, Turn up with more alts to milk the increased drop rate or kill them privately as before.

The only solution i see is too implement a 72 hour ( Or whatever feels appropiate) restriction on attacking uniques when crossing a server and to disable the ability of Dragon loot leaving the server, So it allows each server to deal with their own uniques in a way they see fit.

The only solution i see is too implement a 72 hour ( Or whatever feels appropiate) restriction on attacking uniques when crossing a server and to disable the ability of Dragon loot leaving the server, So it allows each server to deal with their own uniques in a way they see fit.

That's terrible and I'd hope something like this at the least never touches epic

• Like 2

As i am a freedom player, The suggestion was purely for freedom, This way it would stop any one group of players holding a monoply over the loot drops.

If a group really wants private loot then none of those suggestions will change much. They can just chose to not invite anyone - that way they get all the drops and all the hide/scale. If it can't be penned then they would need to kill it pretty quick, but that wouldn't be more than a small inconvenience for a small group.

Edited by DKSprocket

Since this seems to be the most active topic i will re-post my thoughts here:

As things stand things are not going to change regarding the Dragon hide, People will either do one of two things, Turn up with more alts to milk the increased drop rate or kill them privately as before.

why? If i have a deed on 4 servers i cannot join the hunts? Its awful solution. Make some req to be able to get in on the loot? And lets be honest if something stupid like this would be made it would end the private kills. Find the dragon/unique, invite your friends, wait 72h and kill it quietly.

why? If i have a deed on 4 servers i cannot join the hunts? Its awful solution. Make some req to be able to get in on the loot? And lets be honest if something stupid like this would be made it would end the private kills. Find the dragon/unique, invite your friends, wait 72h and kill it quietly.

Edited by Belfesar

So how would you change things? Because all this change has done is to increase the hide for the players that are turning up with an alt army, so the average player is still in the same position as before.

Meaning we will still have to attend 100s of slayings for a chance at making the armour which will still take years to accomplish. The last two public slayings there has been twice the number of alts to fighters ^^ .

Its just like the old adage, The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Why dont you make it simple?  Automatic roll the loot between fighters after someone butchers it.

my own view is remove loot completely, let the dragons cause mayhem. so that's our reason to hunt them instead of $$$.

• Like 1

my own view is remove loot completely, let the dragons cause mayhem. so that's our reason to hunt them instead of $$$.

Sign in to follow this