Sign in to follow this  
puncher

A tragic tale ( yes another one).

So I come here today to tel a tragic tale.. One that has left villages weeping and grown men crying. So horrid is this tale I must speak of it so that none may fall victim to this travesty.You see I had heard through the rumors of blacksmiths and miners that a new capable defense with an incredible beauty was given to our world and that was Steel Barding with a radiant new color.

Not being one to be bothered by this new creation I could not help but be drawn to its splendor. I determined that with mind and heart I would go out and make one of these bold new colored creations and set it upon my steed of choice.

And so the journey began.

First I had charcoal and iron lumps but no skill. So for hours I hammered at my forge seeking to create the often cursed steel for the creation of my new barding. I had no skill with this so the hours were bent with frustration and sweat upon my brow. Finally I had created enough (about 45kg) of steel to start my next task

The next task was to create armor chains which again I had never done.  Asking my wise neighbors and craftsmen I was instructed in this and again I spent hours hammering out these ringed circlets creating enough to finalize the steel barding.

THEN WOE to me for I did not have enough skill to create one.

Asking around I found a kind priest who had made armor in his youth and he said he would try.Rushing to my wagon I carried all my merchandise to his estate.  Hot forge in place I threw in the armor chains hoping the creation would take place. After much grunting and sweat with a couple well laid blows the barding was created.

The joy that filled my chest burst forth and I bubbled his praise and thanked him .

Then the darkness crept in.

You see there is no way that would be founded upon which to quickly cool a glowing hot steel barding set. So alas all my work was for not and the horse did not appreciate the warmth of the new steel barding creation.Disgusted I traveled home and threw the barding in a cold forged and decided to sleep. Perhaps time would cool this great creation so that the horse could wear it.

GOOD MORNING WURM I awoke with Joy to go and take my new cooled steel barding and put it upon my steed. Quickly i calmed my horse and fed him food.  He submitted to my kind touches and allowed me to gently place upon him my helped creation.

MY face turned to horror..

My fist clenched white knuckled.

My breath became short and blood filled my eyes.

The barding looked well what can I say..

I CANT SEE IT BECAUSE IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON THE HORSE MODEL  W.T.H. WURM.

S I  G  H

So I tried multiple different settings.  I know steel barding did not show up before but im kind of disgusted that they gave it a cool new color and it still does not show up on horses.( which btw u can see the barding by throwing it on the ground)  But if I wanted the ground to wear it  why make it for a horse?  Why put it in game and tell us your working on textures if the chain regular works on horses why would the steel one not work.. All it is as far as I can tell is renamed chain with a different color.

Also I quote per the last update or second to last one “Steel Items Looks This week, the art team have also been working on giving steel items and armour their own look. The darker tint in the screenshot below shows what we're going for, and will eventually end up on most steel items ranging from horse armour to plate armour, differentiating the stronger metal from its iron counterpart.â€

I don’t think I need a moral of the story its pretty obvious.  Steel barding does not show up despite the new color and it’s was a big disappointment.  We have any kind of a time frame when steel barding will show up.  I put a lot of effort into it and im sure other people did to just to once again have it not show up..  UNLESS of course there is a setting or something IM missing to make it seen on the horse.

HELP ME WURM!

• Like 3

the art team is working on it, theyre quite fast with most thing, patience, youll have your canned horse soon

can_horse01.jpg

• Like 4

I point you to the perfect solution to your dilemma. It is a thing so rarely found within these Wurm lands that I have hoarded it almost all to myself. Yet through the testing of time honed devices like this provided so kindly by the Developers on a consistent basis, I find it tested again and again as it rises to the surface floating there like some treasured shimmering substance more rare even than skills yet to arise.

This odd and strange thing goes by the name of *Patience* and if you finally grasp it within your time worn hands of frustration you will find that even this first tiny bit once embraced will serve you well in your further seemingly futile efforts to await the forthcomings of development of things yet to be of any substance fulfilling a pin's head of satisfaction for efforts put forth as the circle goes round, nowhere yet to be found.

*awaits the sunrise*

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

"The darker tint in the screenshot below shows what we're going for, and will eventually end up on most steel items ranging from horse armour to plate armour,..."

you are even quoting it, they say it's a work in progress, they are working on it to make every steel item visible ingame, so that "eventually" means, at some point horse steel barding will be visible, but not now :P since they are still working on it :P

• Like 1

This should be moved to BUGS models & sound section

It also should be summarized as "steel barding does not show" so the devs can fix it faster instead of struggling through this emotional hullabaloo

• Like 2

This should be moved to BUGS models & sound section

It also should be summarized as "steel barding does not show" so the devs can fix it faster instead of struggling through this emotional hullabaloo

I did. He went to a lot of work to make steel barding then it did not appear on the model?

It was very frustrating for him.

Probably  it is not ingame yet and is like the other items (clothing, etc) in announcements of upcoming features.

Stlll; if they can take a screenshot of it on a horse and players can make it, I don't know why it wouldn't be active yet. Or say "It will be ingame in a future patch with all the rest of the steel overhaul". even if they think it is implied 

I would be mad as a player  if I spent this much time on it too. 

TLDR: He thinks it is a bug, 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Same thing happened to me with bronze barding, had to wait nearly a year before it was showing as a skin on horses.

So i only made one.