Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Crafting limits, or Crafting Fatigue.

We have too much stuff.  Chests, armor stands, rafts, carts, boats... all storing our junk.  If not in storage, it is dropped in piles of 100 all over the outside ground.  Enter a well established deed's local area and watch your FPS tank.  Also, there are those spam crafters, just looking for more rares to post in WTS and Auctions forums.  I've heard of deeds with countless piles of 100 junk crafts, left outside to rot.

What if we make a craft creation limit, much like fatigue, which limits you to creating only a few complete crafts a day?  Building components excluded.  Does anyone need to craft 100 picks a day?  Imagine how much less storage we would need if we weren't creating thousands of tools a month.  How much less lag and compute.

Just a thought.

Does anyone need to craft 100 picks a day?

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

Yes.

For pvp.

and no, wurm doesn't need more artificial limiters

I've never seen someone use a pickaxe in PvP :P

I do see what you're saying though, people die in PvP, and often have their tools with them, if they lose their tools they're going to need another set of tools. This is where having say 100 spare pickaxes would come in ahndy.

So it's a -1 from me.

-1, Wurm is a game heavily based on grinding. To grind some skills, you MUST craft a lot of items.

• Like 3

You bought your accounts to get the skills you wanted, which is fine by me as long as you don't post suggestion after suggestion based on your lack of understanding/respect for the amount of time and grinding it takes for others to grind their skills. This is one of those suggestions - Skills don't come for free, we grind to get them and this goes against the entire nature of the game.

• Like 6

I've never seen someone use a pickaxe in PvP :P

Oh... Pickaxes... Not lockpicks... Hehe.

• Like 1

When i did stonecutting, i imped 100 minedoors to roughly 86ql.

Repeat this with most of my other skills. Hell with locksmithing i made well over 10,000 items.

That's all just for grinding too, after a full wipe in PvP i'll be stuck at the forge for 8 hours imping/creating plate, weapons, shields, raid tools, maybe making bows and arrows too. (Obviously there are extra, but new players and kingdoms wont have the extras like bigger kingdoms do. The limit would hurt them.)

To further elaborate on that, if one person dies:

Two plate vambraces to 80-85ql

Two plate sabatons to 80-85ql

Two plate gauntlets to 80-85ql

Plate leggings to 80-85ql

Plate chest to 80-85ql

Great helm or basinet helm to 80-85ql

Shield to 80-85ql

Primary weapon to 80-90ql

Maybe backup 2h to 80-90ql

Longbow to 90ql

Shortbow to 90ql

Quiver

41 arrows of 70ql or higher

Nolo ring usually 50ql+ (chance of detection = ql/2 + ench/2 if i remember correctly.)

not to mention all of the enchants, which would entail more crafting of saccables and maybe containers for said saccables. Or any raid tools. And for a new kingdom, this would have to be repeated for every person that lost their stuff and with a fatigue timer on crafting, i can't see it working too well.

I'd also like to mention that it's not the furniture that causes most of the FPS issues, its with players.

Get 20 players in an area, even with no buildings in render distance, and have 10 of them spam equipping two different sets of armor, and all 20 will crash within the hour guaranteed. Faster if they don't relog beforehand.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

Anyway, lets be honest here.

The OP probably doesn't give a crap about the ammount of items but rather want to limit rares being made. :P

-1 I'm here for crafting...so if i cant do that and start to by limited how much i can craft no point for me to continue to play.

Anyway, lets be honest here.

The OP probably doesn't give a crap about the ammount of items but rather want to limit rares being made. :P

well, rares is part of it for sure.  The flood of rares on the market in the last year seems excessive, does it not?  But also in just the total number of items that do not load into bulk containers.

If you look at many of my posts historically, they have been about reductions of the total amount of "stuff" everywhere.  It is an epidemic.  I really want to find ways to limit it, but I'm not after skill grind limiting in any way.

Aeris points out the fact that I've acquired most of my high levels and that is quite true, but I've taken many of those skills even higher through my own grinding.  Most of it in the craft area through imping what I already had, or things I needed on my deeds.  I never had to spam create 100 of anything to grind crafts, but that is just my play style.

Now the need for mass creation in pvp is something I had not considered, but that comes from a complete lack of experience there.  I'll just use the code split card for that.

well, rares is part of it for sure.  The flood of rares on the market in the last year seems excessive, does it not?  But also in just the total number of items that do not load into bulk containers.

If you look at many of my posts historically, they have been about reductions of the total amount of "stuff" everywhere.  It is an epidemic.  I really want to find ways to limit it, but I'm not after skill grind limiting in any way.

Aeris points out the fact that I've acquired most of my high levels and that is quite true, but I've taken many of those skills even higher through my own grinding.  Most of it in the craft area through imping what I already had, or things I needed on my deeds.  I never had to spam create 100 of anything to grind crafts, but that is just my play style.

Now the need for mass creation in pvp is something I had not considered, but that comes from a complete lack of experience there.  I'll just use the code split card for that.

Edited by Theshrike

When i did stonecutting, i imped 100 minedoors to roughly 86ql.

Repeat this with most of my other skills. Hell with locksmithing i made well over 10,000 items.

That's all just for grinding too, after a full wipe in PvP i'll be stuck at the forge for 8 hours imping/creating plate, weapons, shields, raid tools, maybe making bows and arrows too. (Obviously there are extra, but new players and kingdoms wont have the extras like bigger kingdoms do. The limit would hurt them.)

To further elaborate on that, if one person dies:

Two plate vambraces to 80-85ql

Two plate sabatons to 80-85ql

Two plate gauntlets to 80-85ql

Plate leggings to 80-85ql

Plate chest to 80-85ql

Great helm or basinet helm to 80-85ql

Shield to 80-85ql

Primary weapon to 80-90ql

Maybe backup 2h to 80-90ql

Longbow to 90ql

Shortbow to 90ql

Quiver

41 arrows of 70ql or higher

Nolo ring usually 50ql+ (chance of detection = ql/2 + ench/2 if i remember correctly.)

not to mention all of the enchants, which would entail more crafting of saccables and maybe containers for said saccables. Or any raid tools. And for a new kingdom, this would have to be repeated for every person that lost their stuff and with a fatigue timer on crafting, i can't see it working too well.

I'd also like to mention that it's not the furniture that causes most of the FPS issues, its with players.

Get 20 players in an area, even with no buildings in render distance, and have 10 of them spam equipping two different sets of armor, and all 20 will crash within the hour guaranteed. Faster if they don't relog beforehand.

• Like 1

Increase the amount of favor you get from saccing to encourage removing the items from the game, not to the levels of locks or the double favor items but enough to make it worth loading up a cart to take to the altar.

As for the fps drops etc when enter my deed ... stay off my lawn and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

-1 however ...

I would like to see more smelting options, for other materials such as (un build option for carts etc) and other carpenty items maybe get 1/2 the materials back. Or even gettibg 5 mortar and bricks back from deconstruction options.

Maybe increase the dmg rate abd quality trash heeps hold.

I have 8 Wagons loaded dowb with rafts, completely stuffed with items I give out sets of armour tools to local sunmerholt noobs. I only keep my items to increase my repairing skills. ( almost 60 )

Tho FPS I never notice a drop only during raids when everyone uses thier lamps and other lights sources. But this is machine and settings issue for most people with FPS issues I idle around 80 if I look up or go mining im at 120 and raids cause qn ugly 10 or 25ish.

Statues I hear cause alot of lag.

-1 for burb out

+1 for deconstruction of tools,racks,chests etc

• Like 1

I'd prefer to make it easier and have improved efficiency at salvaging. This is a far better choice than daily creation limits.

For example, take apart the shaft and pickaxe head which could produce results ranging from a heavily damaged shaft and a heavily damage pickaxe head all the way to some wood scrap and some iron scrap. The salvaging success could be skill dependant.

Smelting is not very easy to use at the moment. I can crush 64 units of wemp fibre in a single action yet to smelt I have to use the dumb head r-click menu on a number of items equal to my queue. Give us a keybind and make it so we can smelt any quantities in a single action like crushing wemp plant into fibre.

Smelting is not useful for lightweight items. The waste ratio is too high.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1

We have too much stuff.  Chests, armor stands, rafts, carts, boats... all storing our junk.  If not in storage, it is dropped in piles of 100 all over the outside ground.  Enter a well established deed's local area and watch your FPS tank.  Also, there are those spam crafters, just looking for more rares to post in WTS and Auctions forums.  I've heard of deeds with countless piles of 100 junk crafts, left outside to rot.

What if we make a craft creation limit, much like fatigue, which limits you to creating only a few complete crafts a day?  Building components excluded.  Does anyone need to craft 100 picks a day?  Imagine how much less storage we would need if we weren't creating thousands of tools a month.  How much less lag and compute.

Just a thought.

You're correct about too much stuff, sadly your solution isn't a viable one.

I've long since spoken for added decay but I'm aware that many other players do not want this, thus it's no general solution as well. One possible idea, at least worth thinking through, is to remove drop (on ground and as pile) from the game. If a character makes that much junk they should have no way to get rid of the junk but to bring it to a container. And while we're at it, the trash heap needs a discard button to immediately destroy all it's content.

And please give that developer who had the bright idea to create locks and keys that do not decay at all a slap onto the wrist from me. :)

Strong -1. Did you try to grind locksmithing? Or any other no-imp skill? Or basically any skill with a priest that you forgot to grind high enough before you priested?

All will produce 10k-s of items. I cannot even try to count the doorlocks and lockpicks I've made to achieve the Safe Smith title on my Mag.

Those items left around will decay nicely. I don't really care about rare spammers, I'll better earn my coins elsewhere and buy the rares I need than put the effort to "force" them.