Sign in to follow this  
Anarres

Testing new permissions system

Questions and statements on a few - the others will be addressed by Tich:

PvP Test

Mine Doors

Mayor & Owner - Can set Settlement May Manage, cannot remove.

Boats

Noticed that Kingdom is not an available group on Boats. Haven't checked other vehicles. Not sure if intentional, but we have Alliance so Kingdom would seem to make sense.

Structures  (Alectrys - I was not able to reproduce this on the non pvp test server.  Can you please try again and be certain that your ally role and your non citizen roles have NO permissions when you try?)

Ally can Destroy planned structure without permissions. (Right-click plan > Structure > Destroy structure)

Ally can destroy finalized structure plan without permission.  (Right-click plan > Structure > Destroy structure)

Note: I didn't test with non-ally. 

Misc

Deny All goes under "Allowed" - perhaps change wording to "Active Permissions" or "Active".

Unknown citizen? - Is this a catch-all for anyone else?  (Alectrys - fixed, was picking up guards)

[21:48:01] The role  contains less than 3 letters. Please select another name.

[21:48:01] The role "Name Too Short" has been created.

Role created with blank name anyway (Alectrys - Fixed, role no longer created)

Attach Locks / Pick Locks - show on a named, non-citizen role. Was not able to test if actually allowed yet or not.  (Alectrys - After ticking these two permissions for a non citizen player or another deed and clicking SAVE, if you then manage the role, you should see that those two permissions are no longer ticked as allowable.  My test was on the pve server.  Please let me know if this applies to you as well.)

Pick up allowed in a building does not override deed setting (and probably should for public warehouses).

Building was not complete, which is why the pick-up permission defaulted to deed.

I found a bug on knarrs where the embark as commander and embark as passenger options would not show in the menu. 

I could not reproduce this issue.

There is a knarr currently placed near the portal.  It is a Freedom kingdom ship and a JK was able to get the command and embark as passenger options.

I did notice that you may not get those options if you are too far away from the mast.  Oddly enough, walking one way would lose the commands, going the other way from the mast they would return.  If no one has messed with that knarr near the portal, can you please try again and let me know if it's still an issue for you?

When not allowed to place a merchant in a building the wrong message appears stating "[19:18:32] The trader will only set up shop where no other creatures except you are standing." rather than simply not being allowed. No other player, animal or merchant was within 5 tiles of me at the time. Summoned fine when allowed.

Thank you for the details.  I was able to reproduce this on the pvp server, but not on the pve server.  I'll let Tich know.

(By the way, I added a player to the house permission list in order to test this.  Didn't want you to wonder if something strange happened).

Questions and statements on a few - the others will be addressed by Tich:

I will retest the structure destroy option, but the Pick Locks one was fixed by Tich earlier. It now works properly. 

• Like 3

check out also destroy option on floors insite of houses you are guest of but deed dont allow destroy, players can destroy floors.

A very small issue I came across on Live.

In a building that I am the owner, I added one of my alliance members to the house because thats where he lives. I gave him "May Manage" permissions to the building so he could add his alts or any visitors he wishes. Everything up to that point worked great. Then he went to try and rename the doors on the house. If he attempted to r-click on the door. He wouldn't get the same set of options that I as the owner got. He could not go straight in to manage door settings. He had to go in to the manage all doors option. From there when he attempted to manage a single door. He would click the radio button beside the door he wanted to manage, but instead of getting the option to rename the door and manually select who to pass the door, the manage window just disappeared. So as it sits. Only the owner of the building is able to rename doors and to manually select who can pass a single door. Is this a bug/glitch or an intended feature? If its intended, should that option menu even show up then for those that can't in fact manage the doors.

Edited by Metrix

Yea, this has been reported, i will look at allowing anyone with the manage building permissions to be able to rename and manage doors (and beds).

• Like 1

Thank you Tich for the quick response. I tried to see if it was mentioned anywhere but I didn't see anything.

Keep up the good work Tich

Edited by Metrix

Just great Tich, This a hell of an update and so long overdue. Off course it will need fixing and tweaking. Just do not listen to the nosayers.

Thanks a lot. I can finally offer housing and facilities for anyone passing by

Edited by topkos