Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Make spells possible to keybind

In order to cast a spell you currently have to activate your statuette, right click something and mouse over spells for a submenu to open, and select the spell you want to cast.

I propose that the ability to bind spells be added so that you can cast them with keybinds so long as you still have your statuette activated and have something targetted (for offensive spells) or are mousing over an item or tile (for enchants/other spells).

Please consider this so that my bestest pal will come pvp with me <3

[19:43:51] <Lorenamontana> i wont pvp untill there is proper keybinds
[19:43:56] <Jock> lol
[19:44:09] <Lorenamontana> every uptime change
[19:44:11] <Lorenamontana> the spell list changes
[19:44:15] <Lorenamontana> . that man if i click a window
[19:44:17] <Lorenamontana> its horrible
[19:44:25] <Lorenamontana> ultima online had this in 2004
[19:44:56] <Lorenamontana> keybindable spells, alt +1 for weakness, alt +2 for drain health, alt+3 for rottin gut
[19:44:57] <Lorenamontana> w/e man
[19:45:02] <Lorenamontana> i cant play like this

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 4

how about if you cast the spell onto parchment and then used them like magic scrolls which have 1 use and disappear.

each cast onto a page would allow the same power cast to be used later.

the page could be usable in the tool belt and stackable in a satchel on the belt

...high power priests could even sell these pages to others. howeveryou'd still needto be a priest of the required deity. but no favor needed as it's already 'charged' from the initial cast

Edited by JDBooker

I'd like it to but I doubt it will happen.  Just makes it easier for folks to AFK macro channeling.

how about if you cast the spell onto parchment and then used them like magic scrolls which have 1 use and disappear.

each cast onto a page would allow the same power cast to be used later.

the page could be usable in the tool belt and stackable in a satchel on the belt

...high power priests could even sell these pages to others. howeveryou'd still needto be a priest of the required deity. but no favor needed as it's already 'charged' from the initial cast

Thats the same thing as tabs from runescape except with it costing favor to make instead of runes.

I like the idea but this is quite different from what im suggesting.

All im asking for is the ability to do:

bind r rotting_gut

bind z strongwall

bind f light_of_fo

bind g genesis

or something similar

Edited by Alexgopen

I'd love to see it, but it'll never happen, due to the paranoia about botting.  +1, anyway

I'd love to see it, but it'll never happen, due to the paranoia about botting. +1, anyway

I'd love to see it, but it'll never happen, due to the paranoia about botting.  +1, anyway

because it's not already easy as hell to do that

+1 to the OP

-1 to people who think this will encourage botting

• Like 2

because it's not already easy as hell to do that

+1 to the OP

-1 to people who think this will encourage botting

Sadly I think is the other way around, having a stupid amount of right clicks coupled with long timers low skill gains and dull mechanics just encourages botting.

I really dislike botters, but its an unfortunate side of any and all mmo's. Though punishing the players for the botters isnt going to help as they will find ways around it and once they do regular players that want the features they have will be tempted to do the same.. So in essence not allowing honest players to keybind actions like spellcasting is nore in the point of encouraging botters than discouraging them.

+1 for kebinding spells

I thought spells moved to avoid macros on the same buttons, -1 anti cheating no hotkeys for spells its fine how it is.

I thought spells moved to avoid macros on the same buttons, -1 anti cheating no hotkeys for spells its fine how it is.

Only real concern that comes to mind offhand is spamming spells; however, there's already several safeties ingame for spamming pvp enchants: timers and cooldowns.

EDIT: Also for the sake of immersion in using statuettes as toolbelts, perhaps something like replaceable gems in sockets?

Edited by Klaa