Sign in to follow this  
kolgrim

Most active/populated server and deeds [Freedom]

Being on one of the 'dead' servers, Exodus, I often wonder if there are any big villages out there on any server. It seems most of the deeds I know of only have 1-5 active players. Are there more active places?

Does anyone know the most active and/or the deed with the highest population?

Does anyone know the most active and/or the server with the highest average population? (Xanadu is a given, but there's so much more land to cover)

I guess out of the older servers independence is the most populated i guess but with its larger size i guess it is about the same. As far as large deeds i am not sure i guess maybe some of the pvp kingdoms might have a pve deed and that would likely be on deliverance but i don't really know.

Edit: I think any larger groups would have a bunch of smaller deeds and not one large one so i don't think there is any mega 20-30 person single deeds out there.  There was that one on Newspring Island on Xanadu that had over 200 members but i think even it has fallen now and the last time i was over there no one was in the local of it.  

That said i am sure there are large alliances out there and some probably live close to each other on their own deeds but as far as any mega deeds i doubt it. 

Edited by Kegan

Deliverance (PvE) have biggest population density out of all servers right now, while Chaos (PvP) have smallest population density out of all Freedom cluster servers. Out of PvE Freedom cluster servers, the one with smallest density is Xanadu.

From the OP's words, I believe what the player is seeking is actually a recommendation for which Freedom Isles PvE server has the *highest* density of active players.  This would be to provide the most interactivity and seeing other players connected and available to engage with around a village site, rather than having the player feel isolated.

I know, that's almost the opposite of what many players ask for, but that's my impression of what info is being sought.

My own experience tells me Deliverance might fit the bill, but it's been a long time since I was last over there.

• Like 1

Being on one of the 'dead' servers, Exodus, I often wonder if there are any big villages out there on any server. It seems most of the deeds I know of only have 1-5 active players. Are there more active places?

Does anyone know the most active and/or the deed with the highest population?

Does anyone know the most active and/or the server with the highest average population? (Xanadu is a given, but there's so much more land to cover)

To find an active Village on a PvE server with a lot of players a good idea is to go to each Freedom Isles forum section (Independence, Deliverance, Exodus, Celebration, Pristine, Release, Xanadu) and at the top you will see the Recruitment section. By reading these you will get a good idea of the more active Villages that are looking for players to join them. Avoid the Village Recruitment Centre within the Back Streets section unless you are looking for pvp servers, since their posts dominate that section in competition to attract attention from each other.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

I agree that Deliverance has the highest "density", but that might not translate into "bustling villages". 

Xanadu is 4X larger than Indy, and Indy is 4X larger than the remaining PvE servers (Exodus, Celebration, Deliverance, Pristine, Release).  So just take any of the small servers, check its pop, and then mentally guess at "16 times that" to put it in perspective with Xanadu (with Indy you would do 4X instead).  While it can vary by time of day, whenever I check its usually Deliverance, the "oldest of the little servers", that has a consistently high "density ratio" - even if that is only 50-70 people online.  However, these are probably mostly single-owner homesteads, with players multi-clienting alt priests etc. My guess is that Xanadu still has the largest active village populations but they are scattered farther apart. Exodus is pretty sparsely populated and probably has very few highly active "villages", if you assume an active village is one that regularly has 2-8 different people online at the same time.  Less active villages might have more members but not online at the same time. 

The nice thing about Deliverance (as a former resident) is that with smaller community servers like this, you get to know better the other people, and where they live, and its easier to go visiting.

On Xanadu, there may be more people online but its harder to keep straight where different places are, and getting to them (to complete a trade or just say howdy) is a major undertaking. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Here's a table of current server population densities:

c4uOB3J.png

PPMT stands for (Premium) Players per Million Tiles

Note that this does not account for F2P players (we don't have data on them), their activity or ratio of "usable" land for each server.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 2

ooooh SHINY!!

Definitely confirms Deli is the highest density, and  Xanadu is the lowest density (of the PVE servers)

If you want a bustling deed, take a look at the village The Eventuallity in Xan - I believe we have nearly 30 people in the village, and it isn't uncommon to see 10-15 on at one time.

• Like 1