Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Backslot A Second Weapon

I decided to start skilling another weapon.  Since I am low skill I keep my high skilled weapon in my inventory.  But it would be awesome to be able to use the extra paperdoll slot (see pic red square) to place a second weapon which would be visible on the back as shown in the pic.  A hotkey can be created to instantly swap the weapon in hand with the backslot weapon.

Thoughts?

Back_Slot.png

• Like 14

swap between 2h and 1h/shield combo with a mouseclick? Hell yes.

• Like 4

I remember suggesting something exactly like this, I even had the premiere opportunity to screenshot Awardis in person to get a suggestion going for weapon sheathing by using already existing models/mechanics.

+1 all the way, because switching between weapons in a click already happens anways, so why not make it neat looking by having it across your back 

+1 Definately if you can backslot the shield too 

Oh please! ...i wanna turtle shield on my back! ...cowabunga dude!!!

Edited by JDBooker
  • Like 1

+1

when switching from 1h to another 1h, shield should stay on; when switching from 2h to 1h, shield should be equipped (we shouldn't need to equip shield / weapons separately)

imo we should just have slots like Guild Wars where a certain 2h or 1h AND shield are on a slot and you switch slots

+1

Though without some timer for swapping I see people constantly flashing during pvp as they'll spam the hotkey to consistently counter other players spamming their hotkey.

Hrm must have been another similar thread I made a comment about letting a shield fit on such a slot as well.

So yeah... let a shield fit in such a slot as well as a weapon.